• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MvC3 trailer (Bits of Episode 4, new TU4AR))

Lettuce

Fersis said:
But the thing is that there are thousands of Capcom and Marvel characters so they cant put every single one of them.

Sorry buddy.

Just seems that that half capcom line up is weak id much rather have the above replace Viewtiful Joe, C. Viper and Amaterasu

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lettuce said:
Just seems that that half capcom line up is weak id much rather have the above replace Viewtiful Joe, C. Viper and Amaterasu
What the fuck.

Don't you dare.

.la1n

Seeing as how it's 99.9% certain taskmaster is in then i'm willing to forgive strider (do hope they plan to have him as part of a DLC pack.)

They're not the same but Deadpool and Dante have sword action to make up for Strider and then Deadpool and Wesker can teleport. Captain Commando you got Carl Viper. Mega Man has V Joe, Zero and Arthur. I'll miss Servebot and Juggernaut but not having them means Capcom is firm on making this not the nonsense fest MVC2 was. Cable, well there's lots of gun characters and hated him and his beam personally. Personally, I hope Gambit and Venom end up dlc along with Strider (he has soooo many moves) and Frank West.

Sn4ke_911

robut said:
Personally, I hope Gambit and Venom end up dlc along with Strider (he has soooo many moves) and Frank West.
I couldn't care less about West. I agree with every other character you've just said. I want Venom, Strider and Gambit so badly.

Sn4ke_911 said:
I couldn't care less about West. I agree with every other character you've just said. I want Venom, Strider and Gambit so badly.
Has the Mac Gargan version of Venom been used in a game yet? Haven't kept up to date with the latest Spiderman games.

KAL2006

Banned
So Taskmaster is a copycat character with a few of his own moves. Well that is a shame, does not seem like I will care for this character (similar to how I hated Seth). The roster is fine, the only thing I think Capcom fucked up on is not including Megaman. This is a Capcom VS game, and Megaman is Capcom's main Icon (similar to how Mario is to Nintendo, or how Pacman is to NAMCO). It's like not including Ryu in a Street Fighter game, also if Megaman is a DLC character that would be a huge dick move from Capcom, it's like adding Ryu as a DLC character for a Street Fighter game. Megaman should have been on the disk and announced a long time ago.

I am also not a fan of Akuma, I would have liked if they chose Bison instead, also what is it with the lack of Capcom villains in this game, where is Red Arremmer and Sigma. I liked that Capcom added character from other game like Bionic COmmando and G&G, but they could have got characters from Breath of Fire, PoweStone, Rival Schools, Onimusha, Dead Rising, Dino Crisis, Phoenix Wright, Lost Planet and Monster Hunter. The roster is not bad though, but it could have been much better, all the shit I wanted could get away with being DLC though, however not having Megaman on the disk is unforgivable (he ain't some niche character).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Someone knows how the 'X-Factor' mechanic works ? V__V
I guess its one of 'Capcom's Comeback Mechanics' but i dont know how it works exactly.

Fersis said:
Someone knows how the 'X-Factor' mechanic works ? V__V
as far as I know it's similar to Baroque in TvC in that it cancels recovery frames and gives you a damage boost. Unlike TvC though, you can only do it once and the damage boost has a timer and lasts until the timer depletes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
as far as I know it's similar to Baroque in TvC in that it cancels recovery frames and gives you a damage boost. Unlike TvC though, you can only do it once and the damage boost has a timer and lasts until the timer depletes.
Oh i see its something like KOF 2002 MAX Mode.
Thanks for the info buddy.

KAL2006

Banned
Also Kensk said 40+

Just counted the characters and it is only 36 character total. 38 if you include Jill and Shuma who are DLC characters. I hope the leaked list is unfinished and there are 4 more characters which would make the game have 40 characters total (not including DLC). A surprise announcement that includes Megaman, Red Arremmer, Gambit and Green Goblin would be great.

lupinko

IntelliHeath said:
I want to bring up few things that I remembered from other thread

I am curious what he meant by the list.

Could just be someone from gamefaqs, I know they are very butthurt about this situation with their secret forum and stalking my twitter. :lol :D

REV 09

the character list isn't as good as i would have expected it to be. Still getting the game, but there are some odd choices on the Marvel side. The Capcom side is probably better than MvC2 though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:
Could just be someone from gamefaqs, I know they are very butthurt about this situation with their secret forum and stalking my twitter. :lol :D

eh, n3ss. one of our reliable member from NeoGaf.

I believe that he is one that got us ultra 2 and moveset informations. I can't be sure.

lupinko

IntelliHeath said:
eh, n3ss. one of our reliable member from NeoGaf.

I believe that he is one that got us ultra 2 and moveset informations. I can't be sure.

Oh pardon my ignorance then, I just know gamefaqs in general is not happy with the current situation. :lol :lol

Sn4ke_911

REV 09 said:
the character list isn't as good as i would have expected it to be. Still getting the game, but there are some odd choices on the Marvel side. The Capcom side is probably better than MvC2 though.

Well, one of the worst decisions i think is She-Hulk. Seriously who needs her if you have Hulk. What a waste ...

KAL2006

Banned
REV 09 said:

Yep, I find Taskmaster, X23, Super Skrull and Dormammu to be odd choices as not many people know those characters. Though I ended up liking X23 and Super Skrull anyway. But they could have included a ton of well known characters like Silver Surfer, Blade, Elektra, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Venom, Cyclops, Gambit, Mr Fantastic, Emma Frost, Dr Strange, Loki, Juggernaut and etc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Sn4ke_911 said:
Well, one of the worst decisions i think is She-Hulk. Seriously who needs her if you have Hulk. What a waste ...

LOL, I want her. I have been her fan for long time since she have her own solo.

DR2K

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:

I thought that as well, but then I saw how she played. She'll definitely have a place in my team.

Kurtofan

Sn4ke_911 said:
Yeah they're so similar, I mean they're green and they have Hulk in their names.
So similar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Perhaps Kensk and n3ss heard more recent news with more characters added. So far, I see no reason to accept the listed characters in as confirmed.

We know Sentinel was in for a LONG time because Seth said 3 of the 4 big characters were in, and then they disconfirmed Cable.

Kurtofan

enzo_gt said:
Perhaps Kensk and n3ss heard more recent news with more characters added. So far, I see no reason to accept the listed characters in as confirmed.

We know Sentinel was in for a LONG time because Seth said 3 of the 4 big characters were in, and then they disconfirmed Cable.
Lupinko also gave Shuma and Jill as DLC and he got Viper and She Hulk's attacks right.
Hell he even got Storm's costume right.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:

that could be true but Kensk said 40+ like since July-Aug and N3ss said that when Lupinko reposted the leaked list in one of those thread, right after arthur confirmed.

I thought kensk said that instead of seth?

Lupinko's list are more likely to be right (in fact, I believe it is the list, which led me to believe that they actually remove few characters in order to use them for DLC, hence jill valentine being in comic book.)

REV 09 said:
Your avatar is amazing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IntelliHeath said:
that could be true but Kensk said 40+ like since July-Aug and N3ss said that when Lupinko reposted the leaked list in one of those thread, right after arthur confirmed.

I thought kensk said that instead of seth?

Lupinko's list are more likely to be right (in fact, I believe it is the list, which led me to believe that they actually remove few characters in order to use them for DLC, hence jill valentine being in comic book.)

If kensk said that, more fuel to the fire. More chance of Green Goblin or whoevers buzzing at the moment getting in to round out that 40 character list.

God's Beard said:
So are Hulk and Sent the only giant characters?

I hope they remake Shuma as a giant, that'd be so boss.
This word is very sensitive with the fighting game community, please use it with care.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Lettuce said:
No Strider, Captain Commando, Frank West, or Super Joe equals massive fail on Capcoms part :(
PM me a list of your requests / demands and I'll make sure to pass it to whoever is in charge of DLC/MvC4. We at Capcom don't want to disappoint you, Lettuce. You're a valuable customer. YOU.

Jinfash said:
PM me a list of your requests / demands and I'll make sure to pass it to whoever is in charge of DLC/MvC4. We at Capcom don't want to disappoint you, Lettuce. You're a valuable customer. YOU.
You work at Capcom?
MvC4 confirmed?

Sn4ke_911

Yes i know she plays different than hulk but for me there are A LOT more female characters in the marvel universe who seems more interesting than her.

For example i would prefer over She-Hulk:

Phönix
2lkz49y.jpg

Psylocke
1677fbq.png

Rogue
9aqxbb.gif

Mystique
ao582t.jpg

Black Cat
9gztzp.jpg

Black Widow
5n553l.jpg

Scarlet Witch
27zi4g0.jpg

And the list could go on and on ...

Barrage

You also have to keep in mind that relevancy in the modern-day Marvel Universe was a factor in the Roster Choosing process.

Phoenx-
She's in the game

Psylocke- Irrelevant in today's MU.

Rogue-Her powers are completely different from what they were in MVC2. The Rogue that was featured in MVC2 isn't around anymore, and including her would be oddly outdated. Plus-Taskmaster fills her "copying skills" niche.

Mystique-More than enough gunwielders currently in the game. Also-Taskmaster fills her "copying skills" niche.

I'm always weary when people shit on the roster, then ask for exclusively X-Men characters. You have several Versus games with all the X-Men you want, let's broaden the Universe a bit.

My Wishlist is of characters that I think would add something gameplay-wise (that I wouldn't mind seeing in DLC). Sandman, Vision, Doc Ock, Doc Strange, etc.

KAL2006

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
Yes i know she plays different than hulk but for me there are A LOT more female characters in the marvel universe who seems more interesting than her.

For example i would prefer over She-Hulk:

Phönix
2lkz49y.jpg

Psylocke
1677fbq.png

Rogue
9aqxbb.gif

Mystique
ao582t.jpg

Black Cat
9gztzp.jpg

Black Widow
5n553l.jpg

And the list could go on and on ...

I'd have to disagree with Black Widow and Mystique, from a gameplay point there moves would be boring. We have enough gun characters as it is. Also I found Psylocke to be lame in MvC2. I actually don't mind She Hulk, she stands out from the other female characters, plus we don't have a fast grappler character in the game. It's easy to post pretty pictures of your favourite characters, but you gotta look at it from a gameplay standpoint too. If Black Widow was announced I would be dissapointed as fuck.

EDIT: Phoenix is in according to the leak which is good.

As for female Marvel characters that should have made it in, I think Emma Frost would have been great.
I02kn.jpg

She has Telepathy, Diamond Form powers

lupinko

Psylocke is a fan favourite, not just from comicbook fans, but from also the FGC, I can see her as DLC down the line mainly to reunite MSP for Marvel players.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She-Hulk defense force isn't all up in this right now, I'm surprised, but yeah Psylocke over her any day.

Pretty much any other Marvel character > She-hulk and X-23.

And yeah, too bad Emma Frost was disconfirmed. Would've been awesome looking in-engine too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:
Psylocke is a fan favourite, not just from comicbook fans, but from also the FGC, I can see her as DLC down the line mainly to reunite MSP for Marvel players.

I hope so. I know like 7 friends that would download her in heartbeat.

Calcaneus

Phoenix would be the most flashy, which would go great with this game. But Psylocke has history with the series.

Is She-Hulk really popular in the comics these days? I don't know why they would choose her over anyone else.

Manmademan said:

nah, he's definitely a projectile-type.

enzo_gt said:
This word is very sensitive with the fighting game community, please use it with care.

I'm using it in the MVC2, pixie/projectile/giant sense. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of big, high-defense characters. I'm just worried that there will be too many similar teams because there's an archetype imbalance.

Sn4ke_911 said:
then take out Hulk :D

As for Marvel females, I would of liked Rogue, Misty Knight, and Black Cat or Black Panther. Squirrel Girl sounded unique. I would of though Psylocke would of been as much of a lock as Storm..

What changed about Rogue?

shaowebb

If you really work for Capcom Jinfash, and you're listening here is a list of DLC cast that would be interesting to play as that I know I would enjoy, and hopefully others would as well.

Gambit
The Sentry
Bullseye
Green Goblin
Gene(godhand)
Dr Wily
Son Son
Silver Surfer
Cyclops
Daredevil
Iron Fist
Moon Knight
Phoenix Wright
Vanessa (P.N.03)
Soki (Onimusha)
Elena (SF3)
Hydron (Red Earth)
Emma Frost
Ms Marvel
Elektra
Mega Man

There are others that will no doubt be brought up after this, but I know these have been mentioned off and on for awhile.

Platy

Vanessa ? Hydron ? Black Cat ?

Sometimes i wonder if any of these sugestions are really serious =P

edit : my crazy vote goes to
this guy
Tacby.jpg

and not this guy
IQCfT.jpg

but THIS guy
BFoMG.jpg

lupinko

There is only ONE voice for Galactus, and that is the late-great Tony Jay.

Unfortunately he passed away in 2006, but still, he is the best Galactus.

Just like how John Rhys-Davies is the best Thor, although he only played that role in the Marvel Action Hour in the mid-90s.

Same goes for RICHARD FUCKING GRIECO as the best Ghost Rider ever.

Saying random things, that's all.

Jinfash said:
Not having Frank West when he has a silhouette and is their most popular new franchise is weak; just like your post AND YOUR FACE.

Not having Megaman is vegan levels of weakness.

Top Bottom