• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MvC3 trailer (Bits of Episode 4, new TU4AR))

KAL2006

Banned
Caj814 said:
Black and white MvC3 comic samples seem to confirm lupinkos leaks.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Order=Title&GSub=107735
Taskmaster
mGHMV.jpg

Galactus
SOdbq.jpg

eXxEE.jpg

8AeYM.jpg

I am guessing those are going to be story sequenced (intro, ending) in arcade mode. I have heart they are going to have simple images instead of CG videos.

EDIT: so the remaining characters are now 100% likely to be Akuma, Taskmaster, Phoenix, Hagger, Sentinel and Hsien Ko (also Jill and Shuma as DLC). How many characters is that all together excluding the DLC characters.

Kimosabae

Banned
Bu-bu-bu-but you guys are dumb if you believe those leaked lists! I'm just gonna wait!

'Cuz I'm smart.

And Megaman is definitely in this. You're dumb if think he's not.

Dumb.

lupinko

Jokes and I told you sos, aside, I can't believe people forget that Taskmaster himself also has a glider. Not saying that She-Hulk is actually throwing a glider, but still. :lol :lol :D

KAL2006

Banned
I have never heard of Taskmaster, I am not going to make a judgement until I see him. I also did not know Super Skrull and I ended up liking the character. What comic book series is Taskmaster from, I know nothing of Marvel characters, except for the ones from the cartoons and movies.

Platy

KAL2006 said:
I have never heard of Taskmaster, I am not going to make a judgement until I see him. I also did not know Super Skrull and I ended up liking the character. What comic book series is Taskmaster from, I know nothing of Marvel characters, except for the ones from the cartoons and movies.

I praticaly only know him from the Deadpool udon comics ... but his own 4 comics uson miniseries is an awesome start if you want to know more about him
svfZu.jpg

uHyRN.jpg

buZn7.jpg

edit: this is the awesome udon cotume that i was talking about ^

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lupinko said:
Jokes and I told you sos, aside, I can't believe people forget that Taskmaster himself also has a glider. Not saying that She-Hulk is actually throwing a glider, but still. :lol :lol :D

Taskmaster only used glider for Asgard Seige right?

Awesome awesome! I hope the PS3 version is good. I always see people bashing PS3 versions of multiplatform games.

I have NFS: HP and I think it's a wonderful game. :)

I know this is a silly question...but does Capcom ever release like newer versions of these games a year later with new stuff in them, or will it be safe?

lupinko

IntelliHeath said:
Taskmaster only used glider for Asgard Seige right?

He's had that glider forever, it was even included with his Marvel Legends figure (which was long before Civil War, which led to Secret Invasion which led to Dark Reign, etc.).

He just has about every weapon I suppose. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yencid said:
Yes please, i am way lost in what he has said :<
A goodie:
lupinko said:
I know someone in the inside, I can post some but now people are starting to notice. Lol

yes, if you have full 5 stock bar and Phoenix dies she comes back as dark Phoenix like gill resurrection. Also she has seth like health.

enzo_gt said:
SOMEONE QUICKLY GATHER ALL THE LUPINKO LEAKS SO FAR.

Dr Eggman
Carmen Santiago
Bob Dole
Nelson Mandella
Rick James
Barbara Streisand
Garth Brooks
Goofy
Goku
Robocop
Jameriqua
Starscream

all dlc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
robut said:
Dr Eggman
Carmen Santiago
Bob Dole
Nelson Mandella
Rick James
Barbara Streisand
Garth Brooks
Goofy
Goku
Robocop
Jameriqua
Starscream

all dlc
Well, he's wrong. First he forgets Thor, and now he forgets Howard the Duck?

GTFOH, Lupinko.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
SOMEONE QUICKLY GATHER ALL THE LUPINKO LEAKS SO FAR.

From what I remembered.

Stage:
Urban City with Poison being in background. I assumed Meteo City. (Final Fight stage)

Phoenix:
she can set fire as trap. (like Sub-Zero's ice on the ground, but replace it with fire)
She also can use aegis (fire wall or whatever) in air as well
Resurrection which already mentioned.

Taskmaster
he can use spider swing and cap america shield move.

Mike Haggar
Level 3 is Atomic Buster (something like that)
One of his move will have lead pipe.

Akuma
nothing

Hsien-Ko
nothing

Sentinel
I think he mention that he is similar to MVC2

I hope that I am right but I could be wrong.

Fo reals though:
all of this is iirc
the Phoenix health gauge thing
Taskmaster is like Seth in that his moves are mainly an amalgam of others, but he does rain arrows down that can pin people
Haggar has a super where he slams people multiple times/is a lot like Zangief
Sentinel looks a lot like he used to, a bit more modern
only 2 more levels: urban enviro (with Poison in the bg) and Galacus' level

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, something about you facing Galactus full-sized and all. I keep thinking of a Marvel Ultimate Alliance-meets-MvC1 kind of confrontation of Galactus.

robut said:
Fo reals though:
all of this is iirc
the Phoenix health gauge thing
Taskmaster is like Seth in that his moves are mainly an amalgam of others, but he does rain arrows down that can pin people
Haggar has a super where he slams people multiple times/is a lot like Zangief
Sentinel looks a lot like he used to, a bit more modern
only 2 more levels: urban enviro (with Poison in the bg) and Galacus' level
This does make sense. Taskmaster actually rarely uses guns, he's one of if not the best h2h fighter in the marvel universe, and can immediately copy any move or style he sees. He has no powers per se but carries around replica weapons like caps shield, wolverines claws, web shooters etc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Left to be announced:
Taskmaster
Phoenix
Sentinel

Hsien-Ko
Akuma
Mike Haggar

Correct? Also, lupinko gave a vague reply as to whether Galactus was playable, my puny mind could not decipher his cleverness with words.

I doubt it, but I think it would be awesome if they got George Takei to voice Galactus since they've been using all the "recent" voices for characters and they've gotten some fairly big VAs for characters, so I'm betting Marvel could pull some strings...

My thoughts on the last page of that comic:
Iron Man would zap the shit out of Morrigan
Dante (an immortal demon hunter) would slice Deadpool to bits
Wolverine would do the same to Ryu
Hulk would shove that shottie up Chris' ass and hurl him across the city

Kusagari

robut said:

You're right on all of those except Morrigan. She could own Iron Man if he doesn't have plot protection.

El Sloth

Banned
robut said:
They're about even, really.
Wikipedia said:
Deadpool's primary power is an accelerated healing factor, depicted by various artists and writers with varying levels of efficiency. Said healing factor, which was artificially endowed by the Weapon X program, enables him to regenerate any destroyed tissues or organs at a super-human rate.

lupinko

From my twitter, for the lazy:

Poison appears in an urban level background

Ghost Rider appears in Dante's ending

Like MvC2, taunts are not cancellable in MvC3, so don't get any ideas just because they were in SF4

You can also save your favourite teams and assists
So instead of having to reselect your team, you can just quickselect your team

Phoenix - Has a special where she shoots out phoenix symbols that stay stationary, similar to Aegis Reflector
A variant of the same special has the symbol being able to suddenly fly forward
She can set a section of the ground on fire, most similar example provided by my source is Sub-Zero freezing the ground, I prefer Wimmy of Samurai Spirits fame for the example

Storm is wearing her current modern costume

Sentinel is still the Capcom design but modernized to an extent, more details in his shoulder area

More Marvel 3 info! Sentinel and Storm are pretty much similar gameplay wise to their MvC2 counterparts

No Frank West, unless he is planned DLC down the line

Galactus - When you reach him, he stays in the background and you fight both Doom and Wesker simultaneously
- He has a snapback move where he flicks you off the screen like a mere insect
- He's huge, bigger than either Apocalypse in XSF/MSF or Carapace form Onslaught in MvC
- He has an unblockable where he would grab you with both hands and squish you, my source advised avoiding it only by super jump

Cameo appearances - Poison is in one of the backgrounds, Phoenix Wright and Edgeworth are in She-Hulk's ending

Taskmaster info: - He can shoot his arrows straight upwards, and can fall down, think Magikina Mina of Samurai Spirits fame
- He uses his shield to do reversals like Gouken
- TM is sorta like Seth in that he has variations of other characters' moves as normals such as Spidey's webswing and Captain America's charging star

Phoenix - If she dies and if you have 5 stock bars, she will do Gill Resurrection which results in her turning into Dark Phoenix
- She also has Seth-like health

C. Viper - She has EX moves that take metre, done by using the Exchange button to do the moves
- She has a Focus Attack, which may have potential for assist traps

Mike Haggar - Shares some of Zangief's moves but only to an extent as he is still very much his own character
- HP has him using a lead pipe - Super 1 - Punches with one arm over and over again, think Cracker Jack in SFEX
- Level 3 Super - Final Haggar Buster (his version of FAB), ends with piledriver which results in different camera angles on the last frame,
think when you beat someone with a super in Star Gladiator

Nov 5 on most boards I frequent:

Marvel
Galactus (Boss)
Taskmaster (unlock)
Shuma-Gorath (DLC)
She-Hulk
Deadpool
Captain America
X-23
Magneto
Modok
Hulk
Spider-Man
Dr. Doom
Sentinel
Storm
Phoenix/Dark Phoenix
Super Skrull
Dormammu
Wolverine
Iron Man
*Thor (Infamous I forgot Thor list)

Capcom
Amaterasu
Ryu
Rad Spencer
Chun Li
C. Viper
Hsien-ko
Jill (DLC)
Chris
Wesker
Dante
Trish
Arthur
Felicia
Morrigan
Viewtiful Joe
Tron Bonne
Mike Haggar
Akuma (unlock)
Zero

What I posted on that same day on only 1 other forum that is not SRK or gaf or twitter:

Apparently She-Hulk has a super in MvC3 that's like Hol Horse w/Boingo's in Heritage for the Future, the one where the opponent gets run over by a car, but there's a twist, She-Hulk can throw the car at the opponent afterward like Jill's Tyrant super in MvC2.

EDIT: Also Edgeworth and Phoenix Wright are both in her ending. lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lupinko is god confirmed. Favouritable teams/assists are awesome.

If you can confirm, is Galactus playable or not?

enzo_gt said:
Could be comic-only characters in there too.

Whos is that in the 2nd panel anyways? Is that supposed to be X-23?

That's Jill, isn't it?
Edit: MvsC3 art for her, I guess it doesn't have that red thing on her chest, I guess that's what Wesker controls her with? I've never played RE5.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kulock said:
That's Jill, isn't it?
Edit: MvsC3 art for her, I guess it doesn't have that red thing on her chest, I guess that's what Wesker controls her with? I've never played RE5.
Oh wow.. I prefer MvC2 Jill instead (or whatever game her likeness/sprite is from)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Platy said:
Pirate Taskmaster ???? Why not awesome udon special corps Taskmaster ? =/
Alternate Costume

Someone posted this image on Shoryuken

mvcguyfloat.jpg

Who is the guy floating here?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lettuce said:
No Strider, Captain Commando, Frank West, or Super Joe equals massive fail on Capcoms part :(
But the thing is that there are thousands of Capcom and Marvel characters so they cant put every single one of them.

Sorry buddy.

Top Bottom