• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New MvC3 trailer (Bits of Episode 4, new TU4AR))

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
akilshohen said:
then take out Hulk :D

As for Marvel females, I would of liked Rogue, Misty Knight, and Black Cat or Black Panther. Squirrel Girl sounded unique. I would of though Psylocke would of been as much of a lock as Storm..

What changed about Rogue?

She no longer has Ms. Marvel's powers and in fact can now consciously use her life drain and copy abilities.

Aske

I love the roster overall, you'll hear no real complaints from me. But how can there be a string of images in this thread showcasing Marvel's greatest women that doesn't include Ms Marvel? For shame.

20101228-n2c8imwfr9icsni3s1kgre7i9j.jpg

Edit to resize retardely huge image. Original post was from iPad which auto shrinks stuff.

shaowebb

Holee shit at some of the things people have found out about how characters play from hands on experience at these shows.

Check out these MAJOR finds about Deadpool (the third one is huge)

EDIT: Weee!

DEADPOOL
* About breaking teleport, EVERY 3rd TELEPORT BREAKS. 1, 2, break. 1, 2, break. We tried waiting a bit between each teleport, beating him between each teleport and it kept constant. 1, 2, break and it explodes, taking a bit of damage from DP's opponent.

* LVL3 does not work vs projectiles (yeah you probably knew that)

* HE CAN DASH UNDER MAGNETO AND STORM. Seriously, this is awesome. Since magneto and storm constantly hover about, he can use his ultra low dash to go under them and cancel it on the other side with an attack. Instant mixups man. he cannot do it under MODOK.

Heres the rest of the Shoryuken stuff.

Arthur
Prepare for the gut punch...

* Golden Armor lasts 15 seconds. Taking damage does not deplete from the little timer bar over his Hyper bar. It's 15 seconds regardless. ONCE THE GOLDEN ARMOR IS GONE, you revert to boxer-mode. Now... in boxer mode, you TAKE RIDICULOUS DAMAGE. And I do mean ridiculous. As in I did A>B>C>E>Aerial Rave against him with Dormammu and it took out 70%. he's like... SF4 Seth in Boxer-Mode. It's shocking.

C.Viper
* Burn Kick is feintable and you can follow that up with any attack/air special/dash, since she is airborne after the feint. it's also EXTREMELY EASY and has a large window.
* Burn Kick is overhead
* Seismo is NOT low
* you can use EX versions of her moves (BlueLightning knows more about that than me, wait till post 2 gets updates)
* Focus depletes her health bar normally, but seems to absorb an infinite amount of hits. Dash cancellable
* Thunder Knuckles are also EASILY feintable, and you can feint them all the way till the active frames. Huge window. Now, I'm ALMOST SURE I managed to feint a HP.TK right after it hit the opponent.
* Seismo strings are a million times easier than in SF4
* She seems good, but relatively hard to use

Dormammu
* To Solve this once and for all, you cannot hold 3 PoTC and 3 PoTD. As soon as you get a combination of 4 (whatever hand), and then either try to charge more or liberate, he releases hellfire. There might be some variation (3/1 might bring out a different hellfire than 1/3) but I doubt it.
* PoTC is cancellable, all levels, into Chaotic Flame. However, lvl3 PoTC only combos into CF if you do it close to you, won't work fullscreen, will work at bout midscreen.
* df+C is super cancellable, did not check for special cancellable
* Somebody asked about his normals... well, they seemed okay, nothing to write home about except for f+C (suffer+wallbounce) and j.C (big slash if I'm not mistaken).
* I was not able to DHC into his lvl3, but it might have been me fucking up, don't get your hopes up though.
* lvl3 PoTD does cancel into Chaotic Flame
* Purification xx Float Bomb xx(DHC)xx MaximumWesker combos if you purificate at point blank and do all the following cancels quickly. Somebody asked about this here in the forums.
* His Air Dash is cancellable, however is ground dash is NOT
* He's a keepaway beast. Stalk Flare+DarkPortals+Purifications, damn. But he's in a bit of trouble once people get in on him, just pushblock them far from you. His pushblock seems to be better than other people's, might be just me.

Trish

* Switch Sign does not exist, i was not able to make this move (that's supposedly DP+A/B/C) come out
* Round Harvest tracks like Dormammu's Stalker Flare, even if you DHC into maximum Wesker it'll keep tracking and doing damage.
* Trish is looking great! Great damage, nice trick and her playstyle is deceptively straight-forward too. Loving her. Seems like a great character and her great divekick definitely earns her a spot in my team. Thumbs up. Keep her this way, Capcom.

Viewtiful Joe
* ABCE whiffs on certain character (Zero and on Mirror Match), however ABC>2C>E works on everybody, since 2C is a slide that brings him closer to the opp.
* Not a lot of range on his normals, thanks to stubby arms.

Wesker
* His counters (special and hyper) do not work against projectiles, which was expected. No point blank dante bullets, nothing.
* His glasses break during the match :D
* I might have dreamt someone saying it was, but 6C and 3C are not unblockable in this build. Sorry. Maybe the assist version is, but his special wasn't.
* His teleport is good. that's all I can say about it. I predict major mindscrew.
* "How did MW work in different situations? Did it usually connect successfully without dropping them?" Everytime I hit it (OFTEN) I NEVER, saw it drop an opponent on hit.
* "How was Wesker's health? Does he take much damage?"Average or a bit below average. I think. not sure.

Wolverine
* Didn't count it exactly, but Logan's Speed-Up Hyper seems to last something like 10 seconds. Not sure. He's pretty good.

X-23
* I liked playing her really :) her hop is interesting however i wasn't able to connect any instant overhead off of it on a crouching opponent. In retrospect, I should have tried her little BeastCannon thing.
* Didn't get to play with her invisibility mode, sorry :(
* Her j.2C is not overhead (sort of a dive kick, goes straight down, good for tri-jumping, maybe good to keep pressure on in conjunction with her hop.

shaowebb

continued from shoryuken

Chun Li
* Can Jump cancel (non super, regular JC) out of both sweep and regular Heavy Punch
* Hyakuretsu is fairly similar to the way it was in TvC. If you stop it right away you can follow up with dash-in combos (juggles) or IAD combos. Couldn't check for j.C strings though, sorry guys. *kanta note: somebody asked about the duration with no mashing and I'd say it's something like ex.Hyakuretsu in SF4*
* Hyakuretsu as an assist is bloody incredible. Even if the enemy doesn't block it, none of them get pushed away so it's incredible for pressuring, blockstrings and even chip-damage. Pushguarding probably makes it kind of useless but Kanta forgot about it, and you just ask him the crap I pulled with it in our last few games *kanta note: shit, I'm so dumb... this is what 2 years of SF4 does to you*
* One way to combo into her lvl3 (which isn't an aerial super) is Kikoushou -> X-Factor -> lvl3. It's a bit too costy and probably not worth it but I was just looking to be flashy when I did it.
* Kikouken never crumpled at all in any ocasion. Hitstun may be enough to link with a combo after it depending on spacing but it's probably impractical and requires further testing.

more C. Viper

* You can use EX versions of her moves, like people already knew. To do it you have to do the motion, then press attack + the exchange button. Costs an entire bar of super, so I have no idea how much they're worth it comparing to regular supers.
* Seismou whiff SJC into another Seismou is really easy.
* Didn't think of testing FFF, sorry guys
* Focus attack even absorbs supers. Didn't test it against projectiles though. *kanta note: it does*
* Her Alpha assist is Heavy Thunder Knuckle, direct tilt up
* Her Beta assist is Light Seismic Hammer, shot tilt down, point blank range *kanta note: light Seismo*
* Her Gamma (or whatever?) assist is Burning Kick, direct front
* Like Kanta mentioned you can feint all of her specials and we managed to feint a low Thunder Knuckle just after it hit so that's probably as close to an FADC as you'll get.
* Burning Kick is in fact an overhead
* But for some bad reason, Seismou doesn't hit low, not even the EX version. Weird, but ok
* She has an 8-way dash. Hell yes.
* *Kanta note: she cannot SJC her normals*

Storm
* I'm probably doing something wrong but the start-up on whirlwind is just as slow as you see it in the videos. I was under the impression you just held the button to charge it or whatever and you could let go at anytime but no. It's a qcb motion (air ok) and she takes something close to a full second to do it. Really, Kanta was punishing that from fullscreen on reaction with Dormammu's Chaotic Flame. I must be doing something wrong because goddamn *kanta note: granted, I was expecting it, so it's always easier to react to it that way. But it WAS ridiculously slow.*
* Sweep is jump cancellable on both hit and block
* Typhoon is a qcf, air ok
* Lightning ball is a DP motion, air only
* Couldn't get lightning attack off for the life of me, no idea what its input is
* If memory serves, Lightning storm is QCF, Ice Storm is QCF and lvl3 is DP motion. Not entirely sure though, sorry

Zero

* Much to my surprise (and more people's?), zetsueizan and the lightning dive move are different ones. Zetsueizan works much like it did in TvC, light button is a feint. However, lightning dive move (no idea what its name is) is a dp motion, light button is a diagonal downward angle, medium button is perfectly horizontal and heavy button goes diagonally upwards.
* Relaunch after LD (Lightning Dive is what I'm calling it, I don't know its real name) is relatively easy, but I was only able to actually land LD after a fully charged charge shot. You can then relaunch and knock the enemy backdown for an OTG Rekkouha or aerial raves.
* Charge shot seemed to take about the same time it did in TvC. Getting hit means completely uncharges your Charge Shot, but you can block just fine. Didn't seem to make a difference which button you held down.
* If people didn't know, Hadangeki is now a qcf motion instead of charge back.
* His assists are: Alpha - Ryuuenjin, direct up tilt; Beta - Hadangeki (didn't check the version, sorry) direct front; gamma (again, what?) is his command forward+heavy punch, didn't remember the name.
* F*** me I forgot to test his TvC relaunch combo. Sorry about that.

Misc.

* Thor's command grab has really bad range. *kanta note: i think the adjective here is hilariously bad range*
* Seems like crouching pushed your hurtbox forward a bit, so a specific range where Thor wouldn't grab a standing Dr.Doom, he'd be able to grab a crouching one. Yeah, we tested this thoroughly.
* With V.Joe, A -> B -> C -> Launch is character specific. If you do A -> B -> C -> Sweep -> launch, however, there's no problem. And there's no reason not to do it.
* I'm willing to bet unarmored (boxers) Arthur has the worst health in the game. And that seems to be about the only handicap (which is already a pretty big one).

Caj814

Wouldn't it be time to make a new thread to compile the leak confirmations and gameplay impressions or do we wait for more character trailers?

Barrage

There's more info from a second guy from SRK that's even more specific, but I Second that we should make a new thread.

Jinfash said:
PM me a list of your requests / demands and I'll make sure to pass it to whoever is in charge of DLC/MvC4. We at Capcom don't want to disappoint you, Lettuce. You're a valuable customer. YOU.
:lol

No, there was a poster who complained because someone posted Deadpool's idle animation (the moonwalk) without spoiler tags. He was mad that companies show off little details now instead of letting people find them on their own.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
No, there was a poster who complained because someone posted Deadpool's idle animation (the moonwalk) without spoiler tags. He was mad that companies show off little details now instead of letting people find them on their own.
:lol I remember that

One should go on media blackout if such things bother you.

CPS2

Sir Ilpalazzo said:

Probably the same kind of weirdos who like unlocking characters.

KAL2006

Banned
Spoiler tagging these things is ridiculous, if some one wants to be surprised by little details then why the fuck are they looking at this thread.

Sir Ilpalazzo said:

oh yea i remember that now :lol

i guess the complaint was so ridiculous i eventually forgot about it.

Skilletor

Sir Ilpalazzo said:

LOL! Wha? The walking animation? Thats pretty funny that something you'd find out by pressing back the moment chose the character is spoiled by a YouTube vid of a person doing just that.

Anyway, spoil tagged impressions are annoying, and posters who think such impressions spoilers should Just stay out of threads.

Thanks to people who are posting infos but please don't cater to the babies who complain about "spoilers." cater to fighting game fans. thanks.

shaowebb

Feel free to quote what I put up sans- the spoilers. I just didn't want to have retards chasing me angrily online because I leaked another walk animation or something.

Seriously...if someone could complain about THAT not being spoilered then theres no limit to what kind of crazy things they could do online.

shaowebb

I'm betting that a lot of teams use Deadpool as a third since Magneto has had one of his infinites confirmed as returning in one of these play throughs already. He can dash under floaters like Maggy and Storm and fuck this system up pretty badly.

(Crazy gamer retards be damned this needs discussed! Bye bye spoiler tags hello new info)
He said in spoiler tags:D

Is there a confirmed movelist (along with motions) out anywhere? Really interested in how drill claw and Iron Man's mines work now.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i hope the boxers don't make arthur a pain to play, cos he's so well animated and i'm such a g+g whore that he's on my team regardless

n3ss

aka acr0nym
drohne said:
i hope the boxers don't make arthur a pain to play, cos he's so well animated and i'm such a g+g whore that he's on my team regardless

From just watching gameplay videos, he doesn't seem that strong. His jump looks shitty, gold arm looks shitty (I'm curious to what happens if you tag out with gold armor), and once people get close, it will be tough getting people off you (everyone in this game seems to have a teleport)...

I'm really curious to see how his projectiles stack up against other characters as well. Once we figure that out, it'll be easier to see if he's worth playing at a competitive level; oh, and see how big his chip damage potential is! :D

shaowebb

dankir said:
I've been following this game since like a psycho since it was revealed and i just realized it says READDDYYYY and FIGHHHT and the start of each round lol.

And umm I thought there was going to be some balancing, Zero looks just as overpowered as he was in TvC, no hope for Magneto, Storm or Sentinel then??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T5ETmMmsYk&feature=related

Not really. As mentioned, Magneto has already proven he has some of his infinites even in this new game. Pray for Deadpool's ground dash to put him under Maggie's float otherwise he's just as weak to this as the rest of em, too.

Kimosabae

Banned
That poster "complaining" was me. I never said anything about spoiler tags. All I did was make a wistful, observational comment regarding the state of the industry. I simply said I missed the days when you knew little regarding the details of a game you eagerly anticipated. The wait was harder to bear, but obtaining the game felt much more rewarding as you experienced all it's nuances for the first time - first hand. Others suggested spoiler tags, not me.

Regarding Deadpool's walk animation, specifically, I simply said it would have been much cooler had I noticed that detail after picking the character first-hand, instead of Killian pointing it out in a demo on the internet.

I don't see anything outrageous or unreasonable about those sentiments and I stand by them.

shaowebb

Kimosabae said:
That poster "complaining" was me. I never said anything about spoiler tags. All I did was make a wistful, observational comment regarding the state of the industry. I simply said I missed the days when you knew little regarding the details of a game you eagerly anticipated. The wait was harder to bear, but obtaining the game felt much more rewarding as you experienced all it's nuances for the first time - first hand. Others suggested spoiler tags, not me.

Regarding Deadpool's walk animation, specifically, I simply said it would have been much cooler had I noticed that detail after picking the character first-hand, instead of Killian pointing it out in a demo on the internet.

I don't see anything outrageous or unreasonable about those sentiments and I stand by them.

That's cool. Oh hey...scroll up.:lol

It would seem my spoiler tags have disappeared, and there's a whole hell of a lot more than moonwalking goin' on above you!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Kimosabae said:

I agree with you to an extent, but I still think if you wish to discover all the nuances and easter eggs then maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't be following Killian's demos, interviews, any other type of media or discussion threads. Have some self-restraint and it'll be just like the Old Days, I assure you.

Kimosabae

Banned
Jinfash said:
I agree with you to an extent, but I still think if you wish to discover all the nuances and easter eggs then maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't be following Killian's demos, interviews, any other type of media or discussion threads. Have some self-restraint and it'll be just like the Old Days, I assure you.

Point taken, but what's key to understand is that they weren't comments meant to be taken seriously. They were just nostalgia musings. It just turned into a big deal for some reason, possibly because I'm not that well liked around Gaming Discussion. I understand the times have changed, I'm spoiled for quick info just like the next guy.

Besides that, I largely only pay close attention to specific characters anyway, so there's bound to be plenty of surprises.

El Sloth

Banned
akilshohen said:
It's hard to avoid all the press, but I don't think it's gonna spoil the game as much as Dojo did for SSBB
Dojo didn't so much spoil SSBB as it did enhance it. Especially the GAF thread for it. Such good memories from my lurker days.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
akilshohen said:
It's hard to avoid all the press, but I don't think it's gonna spoil the game as much as Dojo did for SSBB
Spoiling fighting games? What? Aside from say a story you'd set your hopes way too high for, I didn't know it was tangible to have spoiled parts of fighting games. Were long passed the days of being surprised now that we have the internet. And all we have left is discovery of tactics that prolongues well after the release of the game, it's what makes the community thrive.

Platy

The only "spoiler" for a fighting game i accept is leaked lists.

I mean ... the person can choose to be surprised by character announcements.. i guess (made the super street 4 antecipation really boring =P)

enzo_gt said:
Spoiling fighting games? What? Aside from say a story you'd set your hopes way too high for, I didn't know it was tangible to have spoiled parts of fighting games. Were long passed the days of being surprised now that we have the internet. And all we have left is discovery of tactics that prolongues well after the release of the game, it's what makes the community thrive.
not spoiling story, more so every detail about the game. It seemed that Dojo left nearly nothing to be discovered when it was over. :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
dankir said:
And umm I thought there was going to be some balancing, Zero looks just as overpowered as he was in TvC, no hope for Magneto, Storm or Sentinel then??
Seeing this posted over and over again just ticks me off at this point. It must be coming from people who never played TvC and have only been exposed to it from tournament footage featuring Marn, because I can't see anybody who played the game seriously ever saying such things. Zero has some of the ugliest mix-ups and pressure in that game, but he has the 2nd-worst health and has to really work for his damage compared to other characters. He's probably top tier but I wouldn't say any character in that game is heads and shoulders above the rest.

Enk

makes good threads.
drohne said:

It only make the uphill battle for Arthur more difficult. Which coming from Arthur I guess should be expected. Wouldn't surprise me if when you're about to beat the opponent's last character they all ressurect and you have to fight them over again. Still doesn't phase me from keeping him on my team.

Espada

Caj814 said:
TRANSLATION NEEDED:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/mvsc3/

New blog post with google translator says that they'll reveal the rest of the characters in Jan but it's better to have a real translation if possible especially if it's stating otherwise. :lol

I'm just wondering what this is. It looks like a series of events in January, with the last one on February 6th.

If what that mechanical translation says is true, then it's possible that characters will be revealed at each of these. Along with other things like the remaining episodes.

You know, I wonder how the netcode will be for this. SF4 and TvC's input delay style is kind of ass if you don't live in a country with amazing infrastructure like Japan.
Not like I'll have any shortage of people to play with locally, but still.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
You know, I wonder how the netcode will be for this. SF4 and TvC's input delay style is kind of ass if you don't live in a country with amazing infrastructure like Japan.
I am already planning to drive 8 hours to Atlanta for a tournament in March because I know for goddamned sure that I'm not going to be getting a good experience from home.

Odinson

mvc3ptf.jpg

More info from the Viper Storm build from Kanta-Kun of shoryuken. http://shoryuken.com/content/marvel-vs-capcom-3-portugal-impressions-part-3-day-2-2989/#comments

AMATERASU
Weapon Switching with 2~2+Attack:
A = Reflector;
B = Glaive;
C = Beads.
Amaterasu's counter works the same as Wesker's (high, low, projectile) and it is a regular DP motion. Only works with the Reflector equiped. A and B show up with yellow effects, C shows up as green.
If Amaterasu activates her Mist Hyper (slow-down effect) and dies, the effect stays after she's gone, for it's normal duration

ARTHUR
As we said, GoldenArmor stays for around 15 seconds (I believe now it's somewhere around 12/13)
If you tag out while in armor, you keep it and, same as Dante, the timer meter stays exactly the same as it was when you tagged out.
Your assists are also GoldenArmor boosted.
Different level's of armor do have an impact on your keep-away
Arthur has no dashes at all. no ground dash and no air-dashes. No double jump either. At least while armored. Now that I think about it, should've tested a BoxerMode dash. [Editor's Note - Arthur has double jump at least in some of the videos, we'll see how this turns out]

CAPTAIN AMERICA
Someone asked if Charging Star is safe on block and I regret to announce it's quite the opposite. All versions were punishable by light attacks, with the C version being punishable by Hard attacks.
Cartwheel was not fully invincible, not even partially. Both hits and projectiles hit it clean.
No double Jump
His lvl3 is HCF+AB
My friend that played him on monday says he's disappointed with Cap and that he's weaker than his previous incarnations.

CHUN-LI
Kikosho has a large hitbox, some of it protecting her from the back. In other words, back hitbox

DANTE
Devil Trigger lasts 6 seconds (we counted form 86 secs till 80). Yes, it seems like a random number, I thought of that too.
Dante can tag out with Devil Trigger on, retaining it for all his assists. When he tags back in, the times (over the hyper bar) will be exactly the same as it was before he tagged out.

DORMAMMU
Someone asked if you can cancel Dark Portal into teleport, no you cannot.
Teleport (DP Motion) goes different places depending of the strength you use.
A = Goes back, I believe;
B = Goes towards, behind the opponent;
C = Towards, in front of the opp, I believe.
You can do 3 teleports in a row, without landing
You cannot combo after a Dark Portal if you teleport behind the opp
Floating Bomb xx DHC Into Trish's Round Harvest does around 25% chip, if I remember correctly
You can still do Floating Bomb xx KFC>Floating Bomb
You can generate an unblockable with Floating Bomb> B.Teleport

FELICIA
her charge-up move is still in the game. 2~2+C
One of her lvl1s is a timed Hyper where her little chibi duplicate shows up to help you on combos. At least that's what it seemd like. Think Astral Vision, except not as good. *apparently this was known, sorry*
Felicia does not seem bad at all. But I wonder how she'll fare against characters with good keepaway.

IRON-MAN
yes, UNIBEAM still beats Hadoken.

MAGNETO
Could not land Aerial Rave xx HyperGravitation xx MagneticTempest
HyperGrav seems to slow to combo out of anything.
No normals were Jump Cancellable on block. Sorry, I absolutely forgot to try it on hit.
Magneto still seems strong, but I suspect he's NOWHERE near as good as he was in MvC2
He drops good damage

MODOK
He's really fun to play as I think. I like him because everything he does is very different.
Mountain Dew (Green Glob) is 2B
HeadButt is Any+E
He has a little Bomb he releases's from below his chair that hangs about for a while before exploding. QCF+Any if I remember correctly, with each version having distance variations.
Analyzer Cube is QCB+Any, with each strength having a distance variation:
A = Close, low to the ground (not low hitting);
B = Medium Range, head-height (not MODOK's head, Magneto's head);
C = Fullscreen, medium height.
The air version of Analyzer Cube work differently with each strength too, even though all of them are right next to him, with the objective of being comboed into i believe:
A = Above MODOK;
B = Same level as MODOK;
C = Slightly below MODOK.
The Purpose of Analyzer Cube is to upgrade your Levels of Understanding. With each successful Analyzer you gain one level, and a flame ignites on MODOK's forehead. This flame grows until it's hue changes. (It's usually pinkish, when it reaches a certain size, it turns violet as a sign of Full Understanding). Having a higher LoU boosts up your attacks greatly (his Psyonic Blaster Beam Hyper grew to ridiculous size and damage after I tested it with lvl9). I believe using specials (Psyonic Beam and C.Shield, for example) take out 1 LoU.
You can stack up to 9 LoU's.
Aegis Shield (not really, it doesn't do damage, simply acts as an almost impenetrable barrier) is done with b+C and b+E. b+C remains the same size, while b+E will grow to a size so big depending on the LoU's that, as Seth Killian said, you will need to super-jump over them.
He has an aridash, 8-way, yes.
Clearing this up, he can both "fly" from his regular jump and use HCB+E to fly. HCB+E can be cancelled by repeating the command, jump-fly only cancels when he's close to the ground (he can control height, however it is not infinite)
Has a Command Grab Hyper that seems to power-up depending on his Levels of Understanding.

MORRIGAN
Same as Dante, Astral Vision lasts 6 seconds and is a 2~2+AB command.
Unlike Dante, her clone disappears if you tag out during Astral Vision.

SPENCER
Wow, had a lot of fun playing him actually. He was definitely not a character I was paying a lot of attention to.
His "Get Over Here!" chain acts as a projectile, so it cancels out one hit of any projectile
Someone asked if you can use his Grapple Hook assist as a tool to get people inside Thor's Command Grab range, unfortunately, it brings the opp to thor's feet (still out of command grab range anyways) and knocks them down.
However, Grapple Hook assist> Thor's MightySmash (DP+C) OTG xx MightyTornado works for considerable damage.
Ground series>E>Air Combo xx A.Grappling Hook causes a wallbounce that lets you follow up. I feel there was more potential with this combo, but I really didn't have time to test it out.

SHE-HULK
DP+ Any attack is her Sommersault move (FlashKick). Did not test how useful it is as an anti-air, but it seemed good.
QCF+Any is her Stun-inducing command grab. The range on this is noticeably better than Thor's. A = Close, Forward; B = Anti-air; C = Run+Grab (similar to abel's Breathless). yes, it is a command grab, and as such, it is not blockable.
j.2C Is her dropkick. Overhead, I believe.
Her FlashKick can be followed up with her run, simply by holding forwards after it. During her run, you can input different commands for different follow-ups:
A = Slide;
B = Clothesline;
C = C.FlashKick;
D = Sudden Stop (El Fuerte Style).
I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get her in "Track Stance", Make her command dash, anything, sorry, but I tried everything, Half Circles, Quarter-Circles, DPs, double-taps, nothing... except.
She's stiff, but seems relatively solid. I'd dare say she's... Thor, but better.I'm really not feeling Thor over She-Hulk.

SPIDER-MAN
Sorry, didn't get a lot on him. Just that he's fun to play, but I kept it fairly simple and as a result there's not a lot I can say about him. He's fast, that's for sure.
The fact that Maximum Spider doesn't fail after the first hit is a huge bonus for him
Web Ball is QCF+A
Web Swing is HCF+B, if I remember correctly
Web Zip is A+E
Pretty straight-forward Character. At least in my POV.

STORM
Did not play her as much as I should have, I apologize.
Cancelling an air-dash into a move does not move her further upwards as I've been told it used to.
You can do GroundTyphoons from the top of the screen.
You can still do 3 consecutive Lightning Balls from the air. Believe the input was RDP... not sure though.

THOR
Someone asked about his "finger-point" move. Couldn't find it at all... closest to that is his super-slow jab.
The character is not as bad as some might be thinking/I may have led some to think, but he's definitely slow and he'll definitely struggle. Our friend that invited us to play the game said he's something like Hakan. I think he meant there's SOME potential but you'll have to work VERY hard to make the most out of the character.
MightyTornado has a bad hitbox, it's nowhere near SuperSkrull's Inferno.

TRON BONNE
If you KFC Lunch Time, the servbots keep running and yes, it is easy to follow it up.
She seemed good, her normals were good and her command grab had nice range
Nice damage output and intake.

WESKER
Had even more fun playing him this time. The more I play him the more I feel that he has potential.
Teleport Informations: It's a DP Motion. They are not affected by the opp's position on-screen, same as Akuma's teleport.
A = Forward;
B = Backwards;
C = Up Forward.
His counter had a few surprises for me this time. I previously reported it does not counter projectiles, Boy was I wrong. Counter is a Reverse DP motion:
A = High Counter that leads to an auto-launch;
B = Low Counter that leads to a wallbounce GhostButterfly;
C = PROJECTILE COUNTER that leads into wallbounce Ghost Butterfly. In short, Wesker's RDP+C counters projectiles, it has a distinctive green smoke around his hand instead of the regular blue on A and B.
Command Grab = HCB+Any (With C causing a low wallbounce and chance to follow up)
Normal Health, not to low.
MaximumWesker xx KFC > Maximum Wesker works perfectly, I double checked and yes, it's an air KFC
MustangKick is not overhead.
Did not find any overheads.

X-23
She could combo out of A~B~C xx C.Hop by cancelling the hop into an air series and I believe from watching this video that she can do a lot more after that.
j.2C (dive kick-like) can be done instant. No height restriction.
You can cancel instant j.2C into (air)QCF+A and follow that up with a combo starting with A.
Again, just reminding you that j.2C is not an overhead, however I believe that (air)QCF+A is.
Super Fast character a whole lot of potential.

Top Bottom