• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 CFW & Homebrew Technical Help Thread -- morality arguments elsewhere

Jinko

MMaRsu said:
So you still can't backup your own games to HDD and play them from there? Man that is a bummer :(.

You can back them up no problem.

You can't run the games within Multiman (goes back to XMB)

Only a handful of games boot from XMB using PKG's. (no change)

Edit:- I forgot to mention I have a fat PS3, so maybe thats why I didn't brick my console :p

3rdman

MMaRsu said:
So you still can't backup your own games to HDD and play them from there? Man that is a bummer :(.
The BMs need to be updated to allow this...Someone is surely working on it and I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes possible very quickly.

MMaRsu

Banned
hackinblack Waninkoko
Well... I don't know if those problems are real or just jokes. As I said, some testers tried this and worked in both models.

so..

WORKS 100%!!!
Don't see the integrated multiman, but that could just be a weird translation problem (I don't speak spanish, only english and hebrew), anyways, APP_HOME/GAME IS BACK, and install package files is there without geohot! AMAZING!

Oddly, I'm on a slim!

Pooya

check the hashes before updating:
PUP MD5: 6eab7f1deea1ed46a1dc9924fd7080b3
PUP SHA1: 771e0f2431f15c7edd323899fbab810f32e35aba

thuway

miladesn said:
check the hashes before updating:
PUP MD5: 6eab7f1deea1ed46a1dc9924fd7080b3
PUP SHA1: 771e0f2431f15c7edd323899fbab810f32e35aba
For those of us that are stupid, what does this mean :-/.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
What if Sony reps are the ones who go around reporting "IT BRICKED MY CONSOLE DON'T UPDATE" on IRC and all the forums... that would actually be pretty smart.

jamaniek

Adam Prime said:
What if Sony reps are the ones who go around reporting "IT BRICKED MY CONSOLE DON'T UPDATE" on IRC and all the forums... that would actually be pretty smart.
This would be just a play for time.

Adam Prime said:

I think it is more likely someone else is working on a hack, will be posting it a bit later, and has a few people out causing a ruckus

MMaRsu

Banned
I think the people who bricked their Ps3's did something wrong obviously. I'm waiting for a patched update that already works 100%.

thuway

I might as well wait for someone to release a working Backup Manager and a working firmware before getting my dick wet. I'll wait.

Majmun

Yeah, I'm not touching this yet. Currently running geohot's 3.55jb firmware. Maybe I'll have to install the official 3.55 fw again before stepping over to waninkoko's cfw.

N.A

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
I think it is more likely someone else is working on a hack, will be posting it a bit later, and has a few people out causing a ruckus

Wutangrza released a CFW a couple of hours ago that has working peek/poke. It essentially has everything needed for a working backup manager.

It's best to just wait a few hours/days before updating and see how it all plays out.

xtop

http://twitter.com/#!/hackinblack

I recommend updating first to OFW 3.55, then to CFW 3.55. I'm sorry for all the consoles that have died, this was unexpected :S

i think i'd still wait

I do hope that people who get bricked consoles are civil about it. Everyone should be aware of the risks involved, especially at this stage.

MMaRsu

Banned
Confirmed 100% working on a Slim that had 3.40 factory installed.

-edited out the link srry-

Patched update :). So you don't have to do the diff stuff yourself. If anyone can test this out on a slim ? :)

Sorry for sharing the link!!!

Already read a couple of posts of bricks from people who just updated over geohots cfw. This happens all the time with the psp etc. People who don't quite know what they are doing, eager to jump on something and screwing things up.

Dambrosi

Banned
Yah, I'll wait a little more before taking the plunge, though I'm kind of glad I didn't install geohot's patch now (saved me a bit of work).

brandonh83 said:
I do hope that people who get bricked consoles are civil about it. Everyone should be aware of the risks involved, especially at this stage.
Indeed. Oh well, more PS3s sold in the next week, I suppose
looking on the bright side for Sony
:p

Second: just download the official 3.55 OFW and install it through the recovery menu. Full instructions on how to access the recovery menu are in a previous post.

iNvid02

you gotta update from the official 3.55 not geohots

still i wont be touching this until the guinea pigs have tried it for a day or two

kamorra said:
uhh... maybe you shouldn't post that here.

We post CFWs all the time... there is nothing wrong with wanting to run CFW or certain tools, and is allowed to be spoken about on GAF. It is just some people want to take things a different way, which is, of course wrong, not to be talked about on here

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Keyser Soze said:
We post CFWs all the time... there is nothing wrong with wanting to run CFW or certain tools, and is allowed to be spoken about on GAF. It is just some people want to take things a different way, which is, of course wrong, not to be talked about on here

The link contains modified Sony code. That's different than posting a a patch.

itxaka

Defeatist
thuway said:
Sounds like people in IRC are hoaxing it up. Is someone on GAF brave enough to try this on their slim?
Bricked mine. Fat 40gb. DO NOT UPDATE.
In other news, does anyone needs a modern esculture? Only 300 bucks! Lol

itxaka said:
Bricked mine. Fat 40gb. DO NOT UPDATE.
In other news, does anyone needs a modern esculture? Only 300 bucks! Lol
Man that sucks, is there zero way to fix the problem? what happens now when you boot it up?

xtop said:
guess he should have done this from the start
yes, rather silly to say that now after all things...

itxaka

Defeatist
Diablohead said:
Man that sucks, is there zero way to fix the problem? what happens now when you boot it up?

yes, rather silly to say that now after all things...
I think so. Oh well, sometimes someone has to be the guinea pig for this things, and i knew the risks involved :D

It turns on, yellow light then intermittent red light. No video or anything. Ill Try the service jig method tonight!

jamaniek said:
There's nothing he can do. :( It's called a brick for a reason.

You can "brick" both a PSP and an iPhone, yet there are ways to restore them if you know what you're doing. If it gives YLOD, I'm not sure what can be done though.

Top Bottom