• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Unconfirmed) Crysis 2 PC to ship DX9 only. DX11 to be added at unknown later date

I bought an 8800gt to play Crysis in DX10 when it came out. Now with my DX 11 capable 5770, If I would be playing Crysis 2, it would in DX9. I don't have words to describe this.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
markao said:
from review, German Magazine PcGamesHardware & my translation ;) , it will probably bring:

- Tessellation
- Faster post processing
- Highest shader level (screen space ambient occlusion and parallax occlusion mapping)

my favourite DX11 feature.

I also hope this patch will bring graphic options, decrypt .ini files and destroy mouse acceleration.

You can even leave "press Start to play" Crytek. Just fix everything else.

itxaka

Defeatist
eh...uh...eh..

ok. This game is looking worst every time there is news for them. The demo was pretty bad. But a directx11 patch?

Now tech people answer me,

1) shouldn't the game came with directx11 if the Pc was the main platform?
2) shouldn't the game came with directx11 if cryengine 3 supports it?
3) is this an indication of the game being made first and foremost for consoles and then making some PC add-ons?
4) no directx10 support? How that works? You can only have 10 or 11?

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I've been conflicted on whether or not I should buy this. This news is not helping at all. =/

MoFuzz

Deadman said:
Just dont buy it. I know i wont.
You're talking about a lot of the same people who lambasted the lack of dedicated servers in MW2 and still gulped down every last drop of IW/Activision's P2P load when the game was released anyways.

I've deduced that gamers are pretty weak in the knees when it comes to shit like this.

This is horrible, this means that there is virtually hardly any advantages over the online leak and the final release :/

The game is going to have lots of excuses for poor PC sales.

Lucius86

Banned
Who is worse - Bioware or Crytek? Both published by EA funnily enough....

I really am sad about this. It seems like PC gaming is getting more and more ignored.

Dreohboy

Uhm...

DAY ONE purchase still.

All this means is that the day one release will run fine on my 4870 that doesn't support DX11.

If true Crytek saved me $180 I was going to spend on a new Sapphire 6850 card just for Crysis 2.

I can't complain about that.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
pretty much this

da2ot-03.jpg

Waaghals

Dreohboy said:
Uhm...

DAY ONE purchase still.

All this means is that the day one release will run fine on my 4870 that doesn't support DX11.

If true Crytek saved me $180 I was going to spend on a new Sapphire 6850 card just for Crysis 2.

Spin Spin!

RedSwirl

On one end, this will give me more time to upgrade from my 8800GT. On the other end, the DX11 in this game is a lot of my reason for upgrading in the first place.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
jett said:
What would DX11 add anyway? Nicer shadows and AA? Some performance gains maybe? Does C2 even support tesselation?
I would assume that as directx 10 and 11 are a different branch to directx9, implementing directx 11 means implementing directx 10 and 11 features.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
itxaka said:
eh...uh...eh..

ok. This game is looking worst every time there is news for them. The demo was pretty bad. But a directx11 patch?

Now tech people answer me,

1) shouldn't the game came with directx11 if the Pc was the main platform?
2) shouldn't the game came with directx11 if cryengine 3 supports it?
3) is this an indication of the game being made first and foremost for consoles and then making some PC add-ons?
4) no directx10 support? How that works? You can only have 10 or 11?

1. Not exactly. The Witcher 2 comes to mind with this. But a game that is essentially built upon it's looks to have such limiting features on it's supposed main platform is extremely confusing.

2. It should, yeah.

3. It would seem that way after all these recent issues with the game.

4. I'm not sure myself on this one.

This is hilarious, in a horrific way.

What has Crytech done right so far regarding this game? I honestly can't think of anything at the moment.

Dreohboy said:
Uhm...

DAY ONE purchase still.

Same here. I have a GTX 260 Core 216 and it will max the game out at 1680x1050 and with over 30 fps - so I am happy about that - at least I won't have to run out and buy a new video card anytime soon.

Hylian7

Why finish making the game before release if you can finish it afterward, right?

I'll wait for a Steam sale.

modulaire

How about a small statement/post on the official site, Crytek?

They should seriously consider hiring new PR staff for their next project.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Ahahaha oh wow :lol Not that I personally was interested in Crysis 2 to begin with, but this is just shitting on their loyal PC audience

1-D_FTW

MoFuzz said:
You're talking about a lot of the same people who lambasted the lack of dedicated servers in MW2 and still gulped down every last drop of IW/Activision's P2P load when the game was released anyways.

I've deduced that gamers are pretty weak in the knees when it comes to shit like this.

Speak for yourself. I have a lot of PC-gaf on my friend's list and that game was avoided like the plague here.

But, please, feel free to post that screenshot where 200 members of the boycott group (with 1,000,000+ sales) were playing the game.

Joe Molotov

Gully State said:
I wonder if they'll have the audacity to release this as paid DLC...DX11 patch $10..

Of course not. They'll release "Crysis 2: Resurgence Pack" 4 awesome new MP maps
(also DX11 support)
for only $20! SUPER VALUE!!!

Top Bottom