• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Xbox One S impressions from a lucky Norwegian

aaronwt

How did you manually enter HDR mode?
wondered that myself since nearly all TV's have to receive a HDR signal to do HDR!
You go to the picture modes and select the "HDR" mode. I have a Sony UHD TV. An 850C.

When watching HDR content it switches to this mode automatically. My XBOne S is working fine with HDR and UHD BDs. But I will still be using my Samsung K8500 as my primary UHD BD player.

I really like the 30%+ reduction in power. And I'm using the vertical stand. I had never placed any of my game consoles vertically before. I might do it with my PS4 now too.

I still need to give my info to MS to get the free Kinect adapter. That is really my only complaint right now. I can't stand navigating the XBOne S UI with the controller. I had always used Kinect before. It is so much faster using Kinect to naviagte than using the controller.

aaronwt

Any news on how loud the console is compared to original and ps4?

Tempted but I need to save money for psVR, but could put Xbox into new bedroom and put this under TV in living room.

It's only slightly louder but still quiet. The original X1 was very quiet but like any device with a fan, I could hear it in a quiet room. FOrtnately when using any device the room is not going to be quiet.

The loudest I've heard the XBOne SLim is when playing back a UHD BD. The disc transport is louder with a UHD BD than a BD. But nothing like the first gen PS4 systems which have a superloud disc transport.

aaronwt

This is so fucking fake. That guy tried to create an illusion that Xbone S is smaller in height. Which isn't

???? there is no illusion there. It's pretty obvious the XBOne S is higher/thicker than the PS4. It's right there in the picture. You can see that the height of the XBOne S is higher than what the PS4 is. Not sure what you are looking at and why you think the picture shows otherwise.

The base of the XBOne S is black not white. Looking at the base height plus the height of the white area is higher that the PS4 below it.

Top Bottom