• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft shows Ori and the Blind Forest PC version at Xbox One stand

xbox-One-Ori-1-533x800.jpg

xbox-One-Ori-2-610x406.jpg

https://translate.google.com/transl...-namiesto-xbox-one-verzie-ukazoval-pc-verziu/

yeah. It happens a lot. Same for Arkham Knight with PS4 pads. It's just easier to make PC builds and more stable. Also prettier of course.

They should at least, for first parties or for stands like that, displaying a console, be running on actual hardware

Jito

Banned
Games are generally demoed on a PC at conventions. Nothing new or unusual, just click bait news articles.

There's no PC version of Forza 5 either, and it didn't stop them from doing that.

Do you seriously have no idea how game development works?

This happens everywhere. Its easier to pump out stable PC builds. Both new consoles are essentially just PCs. Its happened on both consoles.

kulapik

This is not new, guys.

Also this is a great way to notice you haven't seen Indie Game the Movie, so go do that now.

SparkTR

Do you seriously have no idea how game development works?

This happens everywhere. Its easier to pump out stable PC builds. Both new consoles are essentially just PCs. Its happened on both consoles.

No shit, which is why I said that wouldn't necessarily stop it from happening.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would only be news if you see Nintendo first party games running on PC.

It makes sense but they should make the game perform on computers with X1 specs, not GTX Titans as the link in that article points to. Can be misleading.

x-Lundz-x

Could easily be a Windows8 dashboard, there's barely any difference between both when the taskbar is hidden.

That background is without a doubt Windows 7. Still, kinda weird because I thought the Xbox One and Windows 8 shared OS tech.

This isn't a massive AAA game with new tech that is trying to be a technical stunner.

So I have no issues with this, it will run perfectly fine and look fantastic on Xbox consoles, especially given that it is also releasing on old tech like the 360.

Now say if Forza Horizon 2 was running on PC, that would be cause for concern.

kadotsu

Banned
The only thing I'm interested in is if these PCs emulate the XB1 dash, that would be kind of neat. The rest is standard game development.

I don't understand why this stuff is surprising to anyone. Game developers have been doing this for years, and indie developers are even more likely to have lead development on PC. It's just that everyone has a phone with a decent camera in their pocket now so we're seeing more of these pictures than we did in 2006.

Top Bottom