• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Xbox One S impressions from a lucky Norwegian

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
This is what the console should of been at launch. I want to get this but then again I wanna wait to sell my current X1 for a Scorpio.

Thats great news.

Sound comparisons are always hard because everything perceives sound differently and also there are systems with different sound levels out there (old ones, new ones, dusted ones ....)

But I was kind of sure the MS would not release a system which is louder than the old one, when they did got their good feedback about this fact :)
That is true and my ps4 is ofcourse allot older but it always sounded very loud in comparison to the xbox one. For gaming that was semi ok but this is the single reason why I use Plex and Netflix on the Xbox One because in movies or series it just really annoys me..

So far in glad with the console. Going to sell that one when Scorpio hits but this is a really nice stop gap

Saiyan-Rox

One good thing I love about this console is the physical push buttons and not the touch sensitive ones.....The amout of hate I have for those is great.

Still holding off on the 500GB Model as I have no use for a 2TB HDD in it at all....still no UK release for that?

SOR5

Ooh ooh ooh I wanna do it.

If nobody has any objections I vote etta to do it

Also all applicants should file a sample XB1S OT thread and what they bring to the table, show your previous OT experience and a list of hilarious timeless thread titles

etta

my hard graphic balls
So I need title suggestions for the OT.
"Xbox One S |OT| Smaller, sleeker, sharper"

How soon should we start pestering MS to make a Scorpio + Bluetooth enabled Elite controller? I'd hate to trade an elite for a regular controller. Babies toy!

Lima

Jeah I know.. In my defence shops here got crazy with deals on Xbox One games. Plan was to go full digital on every console but because of the deals I have like 15 Xbox One games on disk

I don't mean go digital. I mean who the fuck uses that slow ass internal hard drive on the Xbox One.

Put the games on a fast external to get quicker load times and you wouldn't need to reinstall games when switching consoles.

I don't mean go digital. I mean who the fuck uses that slow ass internal hard drive on the Xbox One.

Put the games on a fast external to get quicker load times and you wouldn't need to reinstall games when switching consoles.
Fair but what is the point of a 2Tb when you just buy an external hdd. Plus you have a device more so this takes far less space and is only one time a mess to set up.

SOR5

So I need title suggestions for the OT.
"Xbox One S |OT| Smaller, sleeker, sharper"

"Xbox One S |OT| Smaller, sleeker, water cooler"

"Xbox One S |OT| Flaks for the memories"

"Xbox One S |OT| The S doesnt stand for Scorpio"

"Xbox One S |OT| These are speed holes, they make the console faster"

"Xbox One S |OT| Be all Braun and no brains"

"Xbox One S |OT| A 4K in the road"

Caayn

Just needs to be in black now and I'm sold.
If only this was real
Black would be nice too

e5TVk0b.png

Just got done trading my shit at gamestop. They just opened and told me they probably wouldn't be able to give me cash. I said nu-uh, they knew I wasn't fucking around and folded. I got $150 cash for 6 PS4 games and 4 XBONE games. That should pay off the XBONE-S I have pre-ordered at Best Buy. America, fuck yea!

artsi

Hopefully I can buy the new controller soon, I've needed a separate controller (aside from DS4) for my PC for a long time and the built-in bluetooth is perfect feature addition.

Tall Paul

Great to see a few early impressions of the S, got the 500GB on pre order but as we don't seem to have any idea when that will hit the UK I'm tempted to trade OG against the 2TB...I know I should wait...but..its new...and.....that's it!!

Sirolf

Noice.
Can you try any BC games and see if there is any improvement?

My provider's connection is a bit flakey right now and i don't have physical 360 games anymore.I'm downloading Alan Wake so i will try that asap.

Top Bottom