• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2012 (Mar 05 - Mar 11)

Bruno MB

01./01. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.03.01} (¥8.190) - 90.133 / 745.907 (-86%)

The million-selling dream was nice while it lasted, anyway it will end up its run with 850k - 900k units, thats an outstanding achievement.

[3DS] Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai # <ACT> (Sega) {2012.03.08} (¥6.090) - 86.676 / NEW

Not bad but I think it had potential to debut with higher numbers, at least over 100k units.

03./00. [PS3] Street Fighter X Tekken # <FTG> (Capcom) {2012.03.08} (¥6.990) - 58.471 / NEW

14./00. [360] Street Fighter X Tekken # <FTG> (Capcom) {2012.03.08} (¥6.990) - 8.527 / NEW

[PS3] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) 86,000 / NEW
[360] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) 38,000 / NEW

[PS3] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 80.882 / NEW
[360] Super Street Fighter 4 (Capcom) - 28.454 / NEW

[PS3] Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Capcom) {2011.06.30} - 54.924 / NEW
[360] Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (Capcom) {2011.06.30} - 12.326 / NEW

[PS3] Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Capcom) {2011.02.17} - 67.187 / NEW
[360] Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Capcom) {2011.02.17} - 13.779 / NEW

[PS3] Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 <FTG> (Capcom) {2011.11.17} (¥4.990) - 22.436 / NEW
[360] Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 <FTG> (Capcom) {2011.11.17} (¥4.990) - ? / NEW

04./00. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam UC # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.03.08} (¥5.040) - 51.669 / NEW
05./00. [3DS] Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D # <ADV> (Konami) {2012.03.08} (¥5.980) - 38.374 / NEW
12./00. [3DS] Girls RPG: Cinderella Life <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.03.08} (¥4.980) - 9.519 / NEW

Mobile Suit Gundam UC bombed, it won't even manage to outsell the infamous Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight (146,199 ltd sales).

I guess the portable Metal Gear Solid 3 did it decently (though I'm not too sure), or at least above our (very low) expectations.

The Level 5 streak of success ended up a long time ago.

I remember an article from GamePro in 1997 where the editor was wondering where are al the third party games for N64. After a lot of thought he came to the conclusion that the reason we hear nothing for them is because they prepare a huge blowout at E3.

I'm still waiting for that E3.

My Vita E3 predictions right now:

-CoD, possibly Assassin's Creed reveals
-First-party reveals (Killzone, new Media Molecule IP)
-Nothing new announced of relevance to the JP market
-No significant new third-party Vita exclusives announced

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but after E3, Gamescom, TGS, and the months since, the easiest conclusion to draw is that the software just isn't there.

botty

Banned
i can't believe a game as captivating as Girls RPG did less than the Vita. Isn't this a reoccurring trend for Level 5?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Potentially bigger than anything else on the system, yes. They need to figure out local multiplayer though first.

There is NO local multiplayer. Just online one, saves are on servers. Confirmed from the developers themselves.

Maedhros

My Vita E3 predictions right now:

-CoD, possibly Assassin's Creed reveals
-First-party reveals (Killzone, new Media Molecule IP)
-Nothing new announced of relevance to the JP market
-No significant new third-party Vita exclusives announced

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but after E3, Gamescom, TGS, and the months since, the easiest conclusion to draw is that the software just isn't there.

Of course there won't be anything with relevance for jp market on E3. TGS is what we'll be expecting to see japanese games.

Mpl90

About Harvest Moon.
Comparison between third weeks

[3DS] Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin <SLG> (Marvelous AQL) {2012.02.23} (¥5.040) - 16.378 / 124.886

[NDS] Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness* (Marvelous Entertainment) - 24.925 / 126.265
[NDS] Harvest Moon: Twin Villages* (Marvelous Entertainment) - 13.616 / 80.719

*Famitsu, since at those times MC wasn't used to provide numbers for top 20, just for top 10

There is NO local multiplayer. Just online one, saves are on servers. Confirmed from the developers themselves.
I don't believe they confirmed no local, just "always online". I know it's Sega & Sony here but come on, I mean they can't really be releasing a handheld co-op dungeon crawl with no local play... can they?

nickcv

I don't believe they confirmed no local, just "always online". I know it's Sega & Sony here but come on, I mean they can't really be releasing a handheld co-op dungeon crawl with no local play... can they?

i don't think you can have "local with online" as in "just me and you in an instanced world"

you will be able to play co-op with a friend next to you thanks to the fact that both of you will be online... just like playing WoW with your brother in the room next to yours

jonno394

Well online subscriptions will be the source of their income over a lengthy period, so why negate that by letting them just play locally??

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If this were the Royal Rumble, 3DS just attempted to toss Vita over the top rope, but BY GOD! BY GOD, Vita hangs on! Vita refuses to be eliminated!!

magash

Alternatively SEGA might want to develop the local multiplayer version of Phantasy Star for the 3DS

I think its there, just not ready.
If it's not ready soon then it won't matter, because it won't remain there.

And like someone said upthread, if Sony's showing a 10% done PSO2 due in a year, it's not like "ready" is really much of a concern for announcing things from their viewpoint.

Meier

I really like Level-5 so I was hoping that Girls RPG would do better for their sake. Maybe it will have some legs.

Mpl90

As detailed in the video, the Vita and PC versions will share the same servers. Also, your character can be played on both systems. For this reason, the Vita version will be an online exclusive game, and its play data will be saved on the servers. Sakai noted that this is a great difference from past Phantasy Star Portable games, but remarked that you could say it's something they're able to try out because of the Vita.

http://andriasang.com/con08z/pso2_detailed/

Majine

Banned
Fake Kaz Hirai makes Twitter worth it:

Good news! Japanese Vita sales increased by 18 units last week! If this trend continues we'll catch up to the 3DS by the end of the century!

i don't think you can have "local with online" as in "just me and you in an instanced world"

you will be able to play co-op with a friend next to you thanks to the fact that both of you will be online... just like playing WoW with your brother in the room next to yours

PSO's not a real MMO though. Outside lobbies it is instanced in fact.

Well online subscriptions will be the source of their income over a lengthy period, so why negate that by letting them just play locally??
You'd still need the subscription since stats/data is all server side.

Alternatively SEGA might want to develop the local multiplayer version of Phantasy Star for the 3DS
Well yeah. At this point I think it's obvious the Alfasystem subseries will follow Monhun to 3DS. God Eater is probably headed there too imo.

nickcv

PSO's not a real MMO though. Outside lobbies it is instanced in fact.

You'd still need the subscription since stats/data is all server side.

Well yeah. At this point I think it's obvious the Alfasystem subseries will follow Monhun to 3DS. God Eater is probably headed there too imo.

sure, but still you need the subscription... you can say that you are "playing locally with you friend" but you cannot do that without being online...

imho local multplayer definition is "a game you can play with a friend next to you without the need of an internet connection"
while online multiplayer definition is "a game you can play with a friend where he is thanks to your internet connection"

PSO for vita force you to have online, so you don't have local multiplayer

muu

The fuck is this? Is Miku hated now she went Chibi or something?

There were over double the number of PSPs when Diva first hit. I was hoping for better but 80K is a strong start, and the quality of the finished product should result in long legs. The demo featured one of the more awkward songs to play through (low bpm, non-straightforward notes to hit) without a 1.5x/2x speed modifier that the full game contains, and the internet community's response to it was very negative. No doubt that had an effect on initial sales, as people went from day 1 to waiting for user reviews to pop up.

It takes a little more warming up to than Theatrhythm, but the game itself is solid. Pity they didn't include a DLC option.

jonno394

Will Konami be pleased with at best 250k - 300k units (MGS3D) sold worldwide? I don't think so.

Considering they killed the port by announcing and then releasing the HD release before this, I don't think they can blame anyone but themselves.

IIRC, initial reaction to MGS being released on the 3DS was pretty good, then they snuffed it all out by announcing the HD versions......

BadWolf

If it's not ready soon then it won't matter, because it won't remain there.

And like someone said upthread, if Sony's showing a 10% done PSO2 due in a year, it's not like "ready" is really much of a concern for announcing things from their viewpoint

And look how well that turned out for them.

Also, there is a PC build of PSO2 that is much further along which ppl can look at and set their expecations with for the Vita.

Going around showing a bunch of 10% or whatever complete games would be the more desperate move imo, especially if they are unique to the Vita and not ports.

Top Bottom