• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2012 (Mar 05 - Mar 11)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So theatrythem, new love plus and harvest moon didnt all debut over 50k in recent weeks? And what about this weeks chart?

Even Miku, technically, doesn't begin with M. And it's in this very chart! XD

GCX

Then a few months later 3DS completely did a 360 and has been in utter dominance since.
Is this a secret meme or something? I've seen people using the "3DS did a full 360" phrase in at least 3 threads during the last week or so.

gogogow

There is no possible way you can know that. E3 will probably be a huge blowout.

You neither. And I know there's nothing that will help the Vita until maybe June with Persona 4 Golden, a PS2 port. Vita's sales are worrying, you don't think SCEJ would want to reassure Vita owners, potential Vita buyers that games are coming? I highly doubt E3 will have a huge blowout of Japanese Vita games. TGS more likely, but that's 6 months from now.

12./00. [3DS] Girls RPG: Cinderella Life <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.03.08} (¥4.980) - 9.519 / NEW
ibjtKJP2IT3HbE.gif

Good, good.

mclem

E3 will not be about games that will appeal in Japan imo.

Obvious announcement time for Japanese games would be TGS, that's in September, isn't it? Six months away.

Unless they create an event that's appropriate for announcing Japanese games in the interim, there's not going to really be any *venue* to announce titles until then.

It's been said a few times that the next big title that Vita has is the remake of Persona 4... what else is there until September that might be biggish?

With some posts you can't understand if they are sarcastic or not.
Serious post. If I was thinking about buying a Vita in Japan I'd be discouraged by the Heaven event. Sure, it was overly hyped up (some thought MH was coming) to map out upcoming games, but the lack of big titles and way it was presented just felt like a lame gesture on Sony's party. They recently said they would be doing more, so I wonder if the (slight) sales increase have them thinking it was a success.

I can't help but think a lot of buyers are waiting to see if Sony pulls a 3DS on the Vita. Without really compelling software its always going to be tempting to pull a wait-and-see approach, especially if you're already happy with your PSP.
Pretty much. You'd think Sony would tell devs, ' Ok, that's a wrap. Start making Vita games only'. Are first party games still being made for the PSP?

saichi

Obvious announcement time for Japanese games would be TGS, that's in September, isn't it? Six months away.

Unless they create an event that's appropriate for announcing Japanese games in the interim, there's not going to really be any *venue* to announce titles until then.

It's been said a few times that the next big title that Vita has is the remake of Persona 4... what else is there until September that might be biggish?

remember there are more VITA Game Heaven to come! I'm pretty sure there will be another one before TGS.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So it spun around and continued going in the same direction?

The 3DS picked up with a price drop and huge games.

Vita will get huge games announced at E3 and a price drop probably next year.

There is no possible way you can know that. E3 will probably be a huge blowout.

I remember an article from GamePro in 1997 where the editor was wondering where are al the third party games for N64. After a lot of thought he came to the conclusion that the reason we hear nothing for them is because they prepare a huge blowout at E3.

I'm still waiting for that E3.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I remember an article from GamePro in 1997 where the editor was wondering where are al the third party games for N64. After a lot of thought he came to the conclusion that the reason we hear nothing for them is because they prepare a huge blowout at E3.

Harsh. And realistic?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much. You'd think Sony would tell devs, ' Ok, that's a wrap. Start making Vita games only'. Are first party games still being made for the PSP?

Oh yes, piss off developers on the only system making them real money.

Also it wouldn't matter if Sony was still making first party games for the PSP as those did not sell very well this generation!

Celine

E3
was quite good for N64.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Ouch. Sad. I just can't imagine a company like Sony doesn't have a huge E3 planned for their new handheld. Last year they had the graphic up of all the 3rd-parties willing to make games for the system.

The only other confirmed notables are Gundam Seed and MGS HD Edition, both also in June. Trails of Blue FVE and Ys Celcita should probably come before September though, and I think Time Travelers is rumored for summer.

nickcv

Oh yes, piss off developers on the only system making them real money.

Also it wouldn't matter if Sony was still making first party games for the PSP as those did not sell very well this generation!

i agree, that's not a good idea.

Sony: "stop making games for the psp"
Devs: "ok, where's our 3DS dev kit?"

seriously you cannot force them, if they are not making many games for the psvita right now it's either because they don't think the platform is ready or because they don't have yet assets and engines for it.

Kazerei

Banned
03./00. [PS3] Street Fighter X Tekken # <FTG> (Capcom) {2012.03.08} (¥6.990) - 58.471 / NEW

How are those numbers compared to SFIV,MVC3 and other fighters?

Pretty good, I think? Here are some debut numbers for mainline titles.

Code:
Sys	Title			Week		Sales
PS3	Street Fighter IV	2009-02-09	84,937
360	Street Fighter IV	2009-02-09	36,455
PS3	Tekken 6		2009-10-26	120,304
360	Tekken 6		2009-10-26	26,341
PS3	Marvel vs. Capcom 3	2011-02-14	66,921
360	Marvel vs. Capcom 3	2011-02-14	14,736

I think the Vita is going to level off around here until some huge games come out and then they'll see a rise. I don't think a price cut is on the horizon... yet.

I don't follow this stuff TOO closely but the decline in the Vita sales were roughly what, 1k, per week and suddenly it "gained" units. But really it just didn't continue the 1k per week decline, perhaps an indication of leveling off.

Santiako

I think the Vita is going to level off around here until some huge games come out and then they'll see a rise. I don't think a price cut is on the horizon... yet.

I don't follow this stuff TOO closely but the decline in the Vita sales were roughly what, 1k, per week and suddenly it "gained" units. But really it just didn't continue the 1k per week decline, perhaps an indication of leveling off.

It gained 18 units, that's not an indication of anything.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
One Piece drop a lot as expected but the numbers were so good that it's able to obtain a great result also in its second week! Really curious about its LTD, of course it's a great success!

Good start for Hatsume Miku, another 3ds game that will easily surpass the 100K mark, also if I was expecting it to start a little higher.

Good start also for SF VS Tekken, instead not so good start for Gundam. Generally speaking very positive week for PS3's software.

For MGS3ds a lot of people were expecting even worst results, to me is just not awful but negative in any case. It's another demonstration of the actual Konami bad position in the market, in my opinion, especially with its most important (sales-wise) brand: MGS seems to be under "milking" process, considering HD collection, MGS3 bad porting, Vita collection...and the reaction of the market isn't encouraging them in this operation.

Good as usual MK7 and ML3ds, but also MH3G especially considering that next week (I think) there will be the release of the new bundles that could offer another mini-boost.

Good also Harvest Moon and Theatrythm still in top ten or really near to it.

Hardware-wise very good and solid performance from 3DS and PS3.

We don't know what may be announced for PSVita at E3/TGS this year.

Considering though the state of sales you'd think if Sony had some notable games in development, now would be a good time to announce them.

That they showed PSO 2 at 10% completion tells me they have nothing.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Pretty good, I think? Here are some debut numbers for mainline titles.

Code:
Sys	Title			Week		Sales
PS3	Street Fighter IV	2009-02-09	84,937
360	Street Fighter IV	2009-02-09	36,455
PS3	Tekken 6		2009-10-26	120,304
360	Tekken 6		2009-10-26	26,341
PS3	Marvel vs. Capcom 3	2011-02-14	66,921
360	Marvel vs. Capcom 3	2011-02-14	14,736

You say one thing, and the numbers say otherwise.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
We don't know what may be announced for PSVita at E3/TGS this year.

Considering though the state of sales you'd think if Sony had some notable games in development, now would be a good time to announce them.

That they showed PSO 2 at 10% completion tells me they have nothing.
Indeed, it would be absurd to wait for E3 or TGS to make some announcements when Wiva needs to some good news RIGHT NOW.

is Harvest moon 3DS the best selling title to date?

also, dem Mario legs. When they release the 2D one this year I expect it to destroy everything even more than SM3DL

Top Bottom