• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2012 (Mar 05 - Mar 11)

Do we know what Konami expected from MGS3 3D?

I can't imagine them expecting more than 50 k Lifetime sales. Are those numbers including the snakeskin 3DS bundle?

Wow at MGS:3D - I thought it would be much lower, as did most people on these threads I think!

Vita above 10k, with barely an increase on last weeks. Should stay around there (even going below 9k it won't by much - and that hardly matters, just a number) for a few weeks, and maybe drop a bit more further down the line.
(well its not like anything is going to cause a sudden increase)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wasn't there an entire DS top ten at one point? Or was it an all-Nintendo one?

There have been various only DS top 10, and also Wii+DS top 10, and then a new joke was born. The "Ok, this is the only Nintendo top 10. Where's the real chart? " joke.

Kazerei

Banned
Drop off was very consistent over the past few weeks. But the funny thing about trends is, they don't last.

Code:
Sales	Change
 72479	-78%
 42648	-41%
 42915	+00.6%
 18361	-57%
 15219	-17%
 18942	+24%
 17141	-10%
 13939	-19%
 12309	-12%
 11186	-09%
 10023	-10%
 10041	+00.2%

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
MGS3D......what........ how did the HD collection do? And it's price 6000Y......lol

07./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition # <ADV> (Konami) {2011.11.10} (¥4.980) - 39.743 / NEW
05./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition # <ADV> (Konami) {2011.11.23} (¥5.480) - 61.192 / NEW

mclem

Regarding MGS3D: Dare I suggest that Sphinx might have actually been right? Could just be pure luck, of course. It's certainly done a lot better than I think many of us surmised (although the 50k being thrown around at the time will depend on whether it shows any legs)

smug

Banned
There is really no reason to bash the Vita.. as much as 3DS was bashed and all the doom and gloom threads about it... then a few months later it completely did a 360 and has been in utter dominance since.. It appears the Vita is suffering a similar fate and I expect it to do good in the long run. The 3DS is it's own monster (hunter ;)... japan LOVES their handhelds..It's almost cause for concern with regards to Wii U for Nintendo.. but I think they are hitting the mark with the controller.. good sales means more games...

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I can't help but think a lot of buyers are waiting to see if Sony pulls a 3DS on the Vita. Without really compelling software its always going to be tempting to pull a wait-and-see approach, especially if you're already happy with your PSP.

07./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition # <ADV> (Konami) {2011.11.10} (¥4.980) - 39.743 / NEW
05./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition # <ADV> (Konami) {2011.11.23} (¥5.480) - 61.192 / NEW
Wow. Matching Peace Walker HD is actually decent.

Maybe we can look forward to Peace Walker 3D, The Twin Snakes 3D and Sons of Liberty 3D after all. ;)

haadim

Wow... Xbox 360 is deader than dead.

Last place 2 weeks running.

Those reports of retailers pulling 360 off the shelves must not be entirely bogus.

Regarding MGS3D: Dare I suggest that Sphinx might have actually been right? Could just be pure luck, of course. It's certainly done a lot better than I think many of us surmised (although the 50k being thrown around at the time will depend on whether it shows any legs)

For it to launch at 38k and not get to 50k it'll have to have worse legs than tales games

JonnyBrad

There is really no reason to bash the Vita.. as much as 3DS was bashed and all the doom and gloom threads about it... then a few months later it completely did a 360 and has been in utter dominance since.. It appears the Vita is suffering a similar fate and I expect it to do good in the long run. The 3DS is it's own monster (hunter ;)... japan LOVES their handhelds..It's almost cause for concern with regards to Wii U for Nintendo.. but I think they are hitting the mark with the controller.. good sales means more games...

The 3ds had the promise of massive titles to come. Sony hasn't got much atm. Which is what's much more concerning.

Nintendo can always drop a Mario game when times are hard. Sony doesn't have that. They do still have the price drop tho. But they need to get some bloody games out first.

11./05. [3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.02.16} (¥6.090) - 12.811 / 112.344 (-41%)

Nice, finally passed 100K. Now to just see how long its legs will last and how long it will be before it gets a worldwide announcement

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

So it spun around and continued going in the same direction?

The 3DS picked up with a price drop and huge games.

Vita will get huge games announced at E3 and a price drop probably next year.

nickcv

Drop off was very consistent over the past few weeks. But the funny thing about trends is, they don't last.

Code:
Sales	Change
 72479	-78%
 42648	-41%
 42915	+00.6%
 18361	-57%
 15219	-17%
 18942	+24%
 17141	-10%
 13939	-19%
 12309	-12%
 11186	-09%
 10023	-10%
 10041	+00.2%

it's still to early to say that vita sales are finally stable, but damn i hope so for sony...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
12./00. [3DS] Girls RPG: Cinderella Life <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.03.08} (¥4.980) - 9.519 / NEW

Seems like Level 5 is starting to lose momentum, eh? :p

Third parties are continuing to do well in Japan on the 3DS, Sony really need a big name title in the Japanese market to get any sort of foothold. :eek:/

gogogow

The 3ds had the promise of massive titles to come. Sony hasn't got much atm. Which is what's much more concerning.

Nintendo can always drop a Mario game when times are hard. Sony doesn't have that.

Also, Nintendo were prepared, because you can't just release games whenever you want, they need to be in development and/or almost finished, just like MK7 and SM3DL. Sony otoh with their Vita heaven doesn't have much indeed or nothing at all.

Surprised by Vita results, nice to see it stayed above 10,000.

Before the Vita heaven event was announced I thought it would have struggled to reach 10,000. And after the event, I honestly thought it would dip under 9,500. I wonder if Sony sees Heaven as a success.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, Nintendo were prepared, because you can't just release games whenever you want, they need to be in development and/or almost finished, just like MK7 and SM3DL. Sony otoh with their Vita heaven doesn't have much indeed or nothing at all.

There is no possible way you can know that. E3 will probably be a huge blowout.

All the wow's put a WoW ad on my page, lol.

Vita still truckin above 10k. Would be nice to see a 3DS title not beginning with "M" with more than 50k sales debut though. When does KI release?

saichi

who is bashing VITA? commenting on how it is doing now is not bashing.

Also, VITA is doing much worse than 3DS at the same price point. However, it shows glimmer of hope this week with the increase.

Holy Shit, thats insane.

Holy shit

Holy shit X 3

All the wow's put a WoW ad on my page, lol.

Vita still truckin above 10k. Would be nice to see a 3DS title not beginning with "M" with more than 50k sales debut though. When does KI release?

So theatrythem, new love plus and harvest moon didnt all debut over 50k in recent weeks? And what about this weeks chart?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Surprised by Vita results, nice to see it stayed above 10,000.

Before the Vita heaven event was announced I thought it would have struggled to reach 10,000. And after the event, I honestly thought it would dip under 9,500. I wonder if Sony sees Heaven as a success.

With some posts you can't understand if they are sarcastic or not.

XOMTOR

I can't help but think a lot of buyers are waiting to see if Sony pulls a 3DS on the Vita. Without really compelling software its always going to be tempting to pull a wait-and-see approach, especially if you're already happy with your PSP.

* Raises hand sheepishly *

Yup, happy with my PSP for now (still have a few games in backlog) and there's nothing other than Gravity Rush that's calling out to me which isn't until June? So yea, basically waiting on a price drop or a damn good bundle.

Top Bottom