• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm thinking about selling the Vita I picked up two weeks ago. What a major letdown.

I still got Gravity Rush and MGS coming in a few weeks for my Vita. i cannnot help but feel disappointed on the lack of care sony seemingly had. Maybe it'll look better on the show floor itself but the lack of focus on sony's part is bothersome.

I still got Gravity Rush and MGS coming in a few weeks for my Vita. i cannnot help but feel disappointed on the lack of care sony seemingly had. Maybe it'll look better on the show floor itself but the lack of focus on sony's part is bothersome.

then what? nothing for a loooong time. Sony really fucked up

ElNino

Contrary to everyone else it seems, I'm not selling my Vita.
There is no good reason to sell my Vita. I like playing it during my commute, and while I have games on my phone as well, they are not as enjoyable as the Vita. Even at home with the consoles (360/PS3/Wii), I have been playing Vita more often as my schedule has been very busy lately.

I actully have more games for the Vita than I do PS3 and I will probably buy more Vita games this year than PS3 based on what I know is coming, so I have no idea why I would consider selling it.

Reclaimer

Still hoping there was just a big fuckup when designing the Sony conf.

On the show floor, vita could turn out to have a decent presence. Looking forward to seeing more of Sly Cooper and Jet Set Radio.

KalBalboa

Banned
Neither am I. It gets a lot of play here and there are still a lot of games down the pipe that I want.

Little Big Planet & Gravity Rush are my two next must-haves. Hopefully PSone support will hit by mid-July...

After that? I'll need at least one carrot at the end of the proverbial stick. Retro City Rampage looks great too... but I need something to wow me.

Number45

I wasn't planning on selling mine either (I still play it occasionally, and my daughters do too)... but I have to admit to being pretty tempted by the HMV trade-in offer, which I could use for an iPad.

madmackem

I noticed there's a new folder on Vita store (EU) called ACCESS playstation. Any word on what it is? I would guess it ties into the PS+ expanding to Vita...

Edit: Screengrab

7155926465_54ea530624_b.jpg

Edit2:

Guess it's this thing...

Its just a video magazine thats out every week on the store.

is anyone really considering selling their vita? C'mon, I'm sure Sony have a lot of vita irons in the fire, maybe they just didn't want to fill their conference with so much awesome.

Hey, it's possible. :(

Still love my Vita, that won't change. But I don't think the platform has much of a future ahead of itself. We've pretty much been waiting since Japanese launch for Sony to come out of the gates swinging with Vita announcements and E3 was the place for that to happen.

Sony's own lack of support for the platform doesn't instill faith in me as a Vita owner. I suspect it doesn't do much for third party developers either. It was a ridiculous notion before but now it actually does seem possible that at some point they'll just go quiet on it and let it die out.

Vita is one of my absolute favourite game platforms ever and I really can't recommend one to any of my friends. Sony needs to do something about that if they wanted to rely on early adopters for word of mouth.

Midou

It's depressing because after playing the Gravity Rush demo, it feels like the Vita can provide some fairly full console-level experiences in terms of art direction, graphics, controls, sound, etc. I really wish they would have announced something worth a damn at their show.

DoubleTap

I bought it because I thought it had enough games to justify having one. With SFxT and PS1 support coming I have no reason to sell it. I kept my Saturn, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance SP and Micro. The Vita will be no different.

Setre

No chance in hell will I sell my Vita. I may be disappointed with Sony's showing but there are games coming I still want to play. I'm hoping the Vita Heaven event later this month will reveal more Japanese support for the system. If not there's still TGS. If there still isn't any support at either of those events I'll start to get worried, but I'll still hang onto my Vita.

Number45

What's the hmv trade offer??
They're offering £180 trade for the 3G model, which seemed decent enough to me (think it was £150 for the Wifi).

I should qualify that this isn't intended as a troll in favour of iOS gaming. I have very little interest in games for either my iPhone or the iPad.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have Mod Nation and Uncharted for sale. I'll post in the BST thread.

SkylineRKR

I'm not selling it before having played the English P4 The Golden, but I gave up on its future potential.

The Vita won't be an integral part of Sony's future plans and the Ps4, of that I'm quite sure. They weren't far off from Bernie Stolaring the fuck out of this little gizmo.

TGS will see some releases, inevitably, but I do not expect anything from Capcom (see Ex Troopers for example) and Square for some reason.

smr00

Banned
Although i got a great deal on the Vita w/ 5 games for $200 i am most likely going to sell it all for $300 on craigslist because yesterday showed me they don't give a shit about it or it sure as hell seemed like it.

I really like the system but it only has 1 game i enjoy and 1 game coming that interest me and it sucks because i like the system i just can't justify sitting on a $200 handheld for a total of 2 games, really really disappointed in sony for the lack of support they gave it and i will hold on to it till E3 is over in hopes that maybe they show off a few more games this week but as of now and it pains me to do it and say it but as of now i don't have a choice but to resell it because it's looking like the PSP, by the time games come out i care about it will be $150 new.

androvsky

Summer. I suspect they want to monetize it so even if you've bought PSOne games in the past on PS3/PSP, they might not work due to 'compatibility' issues.

Probably wrong, but there doesn't seem to any other reason for why it's taking so long.

Other reasons might include working on PSP compatibility, which is a higher priority and much more difficult, and just so happens requires all the same skills PS1 compatibility does; emulator experts and tons of QA people. And don't forget they probably want to coordinate with Japan, which not only has a lot of PSP titles, they have even more PS1 titles on PSN.

I'm annoyed at the delay too, but assuming Sony is going to charge for PS1 BC when they didn't for PSP, minis, or even TG-16 games is pretty silly.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Obviously I'm not bailing ship because the one thing I bought this system for, Dragon's Crown, is still coming, but this was the first year where I had an investment in a Sony platform, and my god, did the rug get pulled out from under me. I needed reaffirmation that my purchase was going to pay off in the long run.

I think I now know how devout religious people think because despite absolutely no evidence for a Dragon Quest 8 port, I believe in it. I sat down expecting it, and even after the curtains closed, I knew it was coming. Crazy.

That may come off as insulting to religious folk, and I apologise.

patsu

Other reasons might include working on PSP compatibility, which is a higher priority and much more difficult, and just so happens requires all the same skills PS1 compatibility does; emulator experts and tons of QA people. And don't forget they probably want to coordinate with Japan, which not only has a lot of PSP titles, they have even more PS1 titles on PSN.

I'm annoyed at the delay too, but assuming Sony is going to charge for PS1 BC when they didn't for PSP, minis, or even TG-16 games is pretty silly.

It's probably just the sheer amount of work needed to get "everything" in place. It looks like their coming batches of apps and services will include:

* PSOne Classics, more PSP compat titles
* Video: YouTube, Crackle, Hulu Plus
* RemotePlay games: Ico, God of War, God of War 2, Shadow of the Colossus.
* Cross-Play: Street Fighter x Tekken, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
* Cross-Controller: LittleBigPlanet 2. It's already active in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
* Cross-Save: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Sound Shapes, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
* Cross-Goods: Street Fighter x Tekken, Assasin's Creed 3: Liberation, Sound Shapes, LittleBigPlanet 2, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

When developers use all these platform services, Sony will need to provide support too.

Grinchy

Banned
Curious to see what the show floor looks like for the Vita.

They showed Sony's floor after the E3 conference, and it had a shit load of Vitas for demo purposes. I have no idea how many, but it was almost like an entire room space with lines of Vita kiosks. The conference itself was barebones for Vita, but I felt slightly better about it when I saw how big of a presence it had on the floor.

darkwing

They showed Sony's floor after the E3 conference, and it had a shit load of Vitas for demo purposes. I have no idea how many, but it was almost like an entire room space with lines of Vita kiosks. The conference itself was barebones for Vita, but I felt slightly better about it when I saw how big of a presence it had on the floor.

during the post conference wrap up I think I even saw a demo kiosk for Sine Mora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom