• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Launching Spring 2013 On Xbox 360/PS3 [Officially Confirmed By Rockstar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
Spring is perfect for me. That'll give me enough time to play Halo 4, and clear out my backlog.

But I was already going to preorder GTA V, as GTA IV is my Game of the Gen. So good

netBuff

Of course they are right, because it's fucking obvious.

That doesn't make much sense, the poster in the first post can't reasonably be folded into a cube. I don't think advertisers require people at stores to do handicraft work to put their promos together.

The geniuses over at GTA Forums found out what this is supposed to be:

29-10-2012-02040-final_promo_box.jpg

Are you for real? Why would you fold a cube that way? Structurally very questionable.

GlamFM

Banned
That doesn't make much sense, the poster in the first post can't reasonably be folded into a cube. I don't think advertisers require people at stores to do handicraft work to put their promos together.

Are you for real? Why would you fold a cube that way? Structurally very questionable.

It´s not a poster but a print proof. Probably a part of the box the cubes came in.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

1, 2, 3, and 5 all face outward and are the same orientation vertically.

What doesn't make sense about it?

Derrick01

Banned
Surprising because GTA 4 dlc is still in my opinion the best in terms of value. I loved those dlc packs and didnt feel ripped off from my purchase

They were definitely worth the price but as we know now DLC is best in terms of paying users the closer it is to the game's release and Lost and Damned was famous for taking so damn long to come out. In 2007/2008 MS was still in their "buy everything to bury Sony" stage when they paid out the ass to get the DLC. Now that we're late in the generation and almost everything sells better on 360 they don't have to pay $50 million to get an advantage.

Marleyman

Banned
Spring is perfect for me. That'll give me enough time to play Halo 4, and clear out my backlog.

But I was already going to preorder GTA V, as GTA IV is my Game of the Gen. So good

This is pretty much me. My most anticipated game this generation by far; can't fucking take the wait but I know Rockstar will pull out all the stops.

O fucking K. Apparently I didn´t fucking get it and so fucking did a lot of fucking other people here. We´ve been fucking speculating for half a fucking dozen pages now.

Sorry for fucking spotting the obvious.

Fuck count = 7. I would take a breather ...

My question. Why do these leaks not have more info? Where's the completed box? Where is the other stuff if this is the package those cubes came in? If people are taking the time to take a picture and post this, why not make it more legit and show what else their may be?

It's been over a decade since I worked in a game store back in college but all this shit comes with precut boxes and an instruction sheet (which was hilarious being it was just a cube) and other things. Not sure if stuff has changed but it just seems weird. It's not like posting pictures of this stuff is "wrong" or "illegal".

GlamFM

Banned
Fuck count = 7. I would take a breather ...

My question. Why do these leaks not have more info? Where's the completed box? Where is the other stuff if this is the package those cubes came in? If people are taking the time to take a picture and post this, why not make it more legit and show what else their may be?

It's been over a decade since I worked in a game store back in college but all this shit comes with precut boxes and an instruction sheet (which was hilarious being it was just a cube) and other things. Not sure if stuff has changed but it just seems weird. It's not like posting pictures of this stuff is "wrong" or "illegal".

i was just trying my best to "outfuck" kvn.

Box could have landed in the trash while the cubes are still hidden away. Just speculating.

i was just trying my best to "outfuck" kvn.

Box could have landed in the trash while the cubes are still hidden away. Just speculating.

Ah, lol.

Could be. But basic economics points away from it being packaging (but as I mentioned, haven't actually worked at a game store or retail in general for a long time) but I couldn't see them wasting that much money for printing in color on packaging. Most of the time it's a plain cardboard box or wrap because the consumer will never see what it comes in and most of the time you don't want to pull attention to what is being shipped.

All speculation of course but 1) that isn't the way those pre-cut advertising cubes are created and 2) nobody would spend that much money for printing the packaging that it ships in.

But who knows, the reason I'm usually in these threads is because speculation is fun.

Hindle

Banned
About the GTA 4 DLC. The Ballard of Gay Tony is the best game Rockstar have made this gen IMO. It was a blast, with the tank missions and parachuting.

Edit, awesome final mission as well.

AOC83

Banned
I don't think Nintendo is serious about taking a big chunk (if any chunk at all) of the hardcore market.

They´re obviously not, look at the hardware, look at the games and look at their online. I don´t get why some people are so easily fooled by the marketing. And when i see the whole package i´m not really surprised that there won´t be a GTA port for this platform.

Squire

Banned
They´re obviously not, look at the hardware, look at the games and look at their online. I don´t get why some people are so easily fooled by the marketing. And when i see the whole package i´m not really surprised that there won´t be a GTA port for this platform.

This thread could've really used you over the weekend.

Goodlife

Can you please tell me more information about the hardware and the online?
I think I've missed some details.

Fjordson

Whoa. Loving those two new art pieces if they're real.

All the art (again, if these are real) is all so colourful, looks fucking awesome. Very different vibe from IV.

Jawmuncher

About the GTA 4 DLC. The Ballard of Gay Tony is the best game Rockstar have made this gen IMO. It was a blast, with the tank missions and parachuting.

Edit, awesome final mission as well.

Yeah Ballad of Gay Tony was the GTA4 game we should have had from the get go.
If anyone ever wants to play GTA4 they need to just buy the episodes disc.
Screw the main game when you can just play the 2 DLCs which are superior to it in every way.

lefantome

these one looks real!

I hope the previous one si fake, the character looks like shit(as it did in trailer1) and I don't want to care about dogs.

Very surprising that they're pushing another numbered sequel in the same console generation. I hope that it's very different to GTA4, if only for the sake of variety. Either way, you know it's going to be top quality on most levels.

jackrubyn

Wow. Quad bikes, jets, bicycles, dogs, mountains, RDR style deserts and unbelievable graphics. I will be dissapointed (and honestly surprised) if this doesn't turn out to be my new all time favorite game.
GTA IV came close but ultimately felt too cramped, grey and monotonous.
RDR came even closer, but I sort of missed the cars and felt slightly boxed in when I realized you couldn't climb the mountains or bypass the invisible barriers around lakes and ravines and such.

Fjordson

Two interesting notes:

the tweet that Jason linked is already long gone and that picture only shows PS3 logos (unless I'm missing a small Xbox logo in a corner or something). PS3 EXCLUSIVE!

PaulLFC

Two interesting notes:

the tweet that Jason linked is already long gone and that picture only shows PS3 logos (unless I'm missing a small Xbox logo in a corner or something). PS3 EXCLUSIVE!
Why would they have Xbox logos on a PS3 boxart placeholder?

clear31

Very surprising that they're pushing another numbered sequel in the same console generation. I hope that it's very different to GTA4, if only for the sake of variety. Either way, you know it's going to be top quality on most levels.

i think its cool they get to finish out this console gen and begin work on the next gen without having to feel they have to rush it out

GTA 4 was my fav game this gen, i'm really anticipating 5

paischtu

Neo Member
Reminds me of SA. Can't wait for the new information. Probably gonna pre-order this one for Xbox, my PC is too weak and well it'll probably be released 2-4 weeks after the Consoles on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom