• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

I rather listen to Johnny Cash(Folsom Prison LIVE)than any Hip-Hop record if I had the choice to only choose one.

whoah, +1 pretty hard there, didn't expect to hear one of my faves namedropped here, haha

also some of my top 10 hip-hop would absolutely break my top 10 overall

whoah, +1 pretty hard there, didn't expect to hear one of my faves namedropped here, haha

also some of my top 10 hip-hop would absolutely break my top 10 overall

Love Hip-Hop, is one of the genres I play the most and involved with as well. I also thank the genre for getting me into records and genre's(Crate digging)I would have never listen to. And for that, I wouldn't put a hip-hop record in the top ten. I discover so much gold, it buried the genre of hip-hop for me. The lyrics and production those original samples have are beyond what most MC's would write. You have rare cases of NAS, Public Enemy, Rakim and Cl Smooth, who made the sample shine beyond the original record. Not trying to compare the OG sample with the current song it was use. But I don't see how a Hip-Hop record to me, as a whole(The record usually has a handful of good tracks) would go against a Led Zeppelin album from top to bottom. From lyrics and production. Shit, most producers grabbed their drums, lol.

But, if we were doing "Top Ten songs" of all time(any genre)they will be at least two hip-hop tracks. Scarface-"Never Seen A Man Cry" Would be my number one song of all time. And two, Nas-"Life's A Bitch" In short, Hip-Hop records are meh to me, while some tracks stand the fuck out. On production and lyrics.

iavi

Love Hip-Hop, is one of the genres I play the most and involved with as well. I also thank the genre for getting me into records and genre's(Crate digging)I would have never listen to. And for that, I wouldn't put a hip-hop record in the top ten. I discover so much gold, it buried the genre of hip-hop for me. The lyrics and production those original samples have are beyond what most MC's would write. You have rare cases of NAS, Public Enemy, Rakim and Cl Smooth, who made the sample shine beyond the original record. Not trying to compare the OG sample with the current song it was use. But I don't see how a Hip-Hop record to me, as a whole(The record usually has a handful of good tracks) would go against a Led Zeppelin album from top to bottom. From lyrics and production. Shit, most producers grabbed their drums, lol.

But, if we were doing "Top Ten songs" of all time(any genre)they will be at least two hip-hop tracks. Scarface-"Never Seen A Man Cry" Would be my number one song of all time. And two, Nas-"Life's A Bitch" In short, Hip-Hop records are meh to me, while some tracks stand the fuck out. On production and lyrics.

I agree with this to some extent, but hip-hop's compositions have evolved; Producers aren't just grabbing a slice from a track, looping, then throwing a drum track in the mix. They're, at times, grabbing instrument slices from 5 or six different tracks and a vox slice from another, all while incorporating production elements of genres foreign to produce accompaniment that sounds unlike anything an acoustic arrangement could sound like.

It's that hip-hop was young, imo, and only recently has really become to show maturity in regards to accompaniment.

m3k

top 10

nas - illmatic
snoop - doggy style
wu tang - 36 chambers
tribe called quest - ummm cant decide if its midnight or low end
roots - game theory
roots - illadelphia halflife
big pun - capital punishment
bone thugs - east 1999
mobb deep - the infamous......... hmmmmmmmmm i think id change this for ice cubes amerikkka or death cert
raekwon - only built
ghostface - supreme clientele

Detox

He said he got the Harry Fraud album and now this:
iFM6cp9qwUB7G.png

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If I was to include non hip hop albums, probably only Rage against the Machine and Joni Mitchell would make an appearance in my top 10. Out of my top 50 I'd guess only 5 or 6 non hip hop albums would appear.

RJT

I don't think any non-hiphop would be on my top10... Maybe Sérgio Godinho, but that's it.

BTW, I also forgot about Atmosphere. Either Lemons or You can't imagine (probably the latter) would be top10 worthy. I don't like God Loves Ugly as much, but it's still a good album.

iavi

I don't think any non-hiphop would be on my top10... Maybe Sérgio Godinho, but that's it.

In no order, my personal top 10 includes only one hip hop release ( late registration), so that's where I agree with Shinobi. The rest is made up of four Michael Jackson releases (off the wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous) one Prince album (Sign O the Times) two game osts (Sonic Adventure 2, Nier) Protest the hero's Fortress, and Dir In Grey's Uroboros.

^that Fat Boys LP is dope.

HiiiLife

Son that 50 single has me so confused. I just don't know what I want from Em anymore. He's just always on one. Dude needs to chill the fuck out.

siddx

BTW, I also forgot about Atmosphere. Either Lemons or You can't imagine (probably the latter) would be top10 worthy. I don't like God Loves Ugly as much, but it's still a good album.

GLU is a really dark album. It clicks when you are feeling a very specific way, that weird mingle of anger, loathing for others, loathing for yourself, and severely reluctant and blunted optimism buried in a pile of bitterness.
Plus it has three of my favorite Atmosphere songs ever, the title track, Modern Man's Hustle and Shrapnel.
you can't imagine has Watch Out though, which makes me want to fight someone.

I actually threw together a three part best of collection from all of Atmosphere's stuff dividing into upbeat, angry, and more "emo" parts. I meant to upload it at some point but I didn't think there'd be enough people interested on here to justify the time it would take to upload 60 odd tracks.

Macca

In no order, my personal top 10 includes only one hip hop release ( late registration), so that's where I agree with Shinobi. The rest is made up of four Michael Jackson releases (off the wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous) one Prince album (Sign O the Times) two game osts (Sonic Adventure 2, Nier) Protest the hero's Fortress, and Dir In Grey's Uroboros.

^that Fat Boys LP is dope.
My man.

It'd be on mine too. Fantastic album.

IrishNinja

that LP is so awesome, even if it makes me mad hungry

ps late on this but anyone not recognizing Slick Rick as a legend in the game is encouraged to fall asleep at the wheel, fuck that hack reporter

siddx

that LP is so awesome, even if it makes me mad hungry

ps late on this but anyone not recognizing Slick Rick as a legend in the game is encouraged to fall asleep at the wheel, fuck that hack reporter

Tell me about it, especially considering how shitty all the pizza here in vietnam is. Lots of great food here, but sometimes I just want a good pizza or hamburger.

Esch

Banned
tbh theres no point in responding. he told that guy to suck his dick so thats a temporary wrap for his posting privileges

siddx

lol lames like that always end up hanging themselves with their stupidity.

Esch

Banned
lol lames like that always end up hanging themselves with their stupidity.

More like oversensitivity. its the internet mane, you cant flip out and lose your shit if people fling poop at you when you get up on that rant podium lol

siddx

More like oversensitivity. its the internet mane, you cant flip out and lose your shit if people fling poop at you when you get up on that rant podium lol

Especially if you get up there to the podium and start flinging shit first. People are so fucking dense, "why are they mad though?????"
Cause you are acting like a fucking asshole and not even in a funny way.

Esch

Banned
Luda going to college isnt weird, but him graduating and then going into a rap career is. A lot of guys drop out like Ye did and dedicate themselves to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom