• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 demo - 11/27/2012 (JAP PSN)

Gacha-pin

I think you're missing the point.

Kazuma let Haruka go and be an idol, because that's the kind of person he is, right? Then those guys are questioning the parenting skills of girls who become idols. Kazuma bristles because they're indirectly criticising him.

At least, that's how I interpreted what Gacha-pin said.
I checked the intro section of the demo on youtube. I found I droped a sentence or two. The conversation continues "Those parents use their kids to pursue their dreams that they couldn't make." and then Kazume went out the noodle shop with anger.

I think Kazuma knows Haruka's dream and knows how hard she is trying to make it happen. He would take the conversation between the guys as a criticism to her more than Kazume let her to be an idol.

It's just my speculation from the trailers and the demo, I guess Haruka's dream is not a typical teenage "I want to be a star someday" kind of stuff but she wants to be for some reasons...Asagao related maybe...

sidenote for those who don't notice, the main theme of Y5 is dream as the subtile of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_WE0EiAkc

1o8o0l.jpg

210qwq.jpg

334oxe.jpg

4ptqtm.jpg

5e3pf3.jpg

6zarwu.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/139/G013951/20121126004/

Tizoc

I just want to be assured that the Orphanage is fine and OK, and being looked after by Mikio and Nakahara.

Tizoc

Goodness, just this please. Haruka, was that with Kazzy's blessing?!

I think she has Kiryu's blessing. ...and I wonder if the orphanage is having financial troubles and Haruka is doing the Idol gig to raise some money?
Sure Kiryu could ask his Yakuza buddies, but knowing Kiryu, he's the kind of guy who'll want to solve his problems by himself.

Dantis

I checked the intro section of the demo on youtube. I found I droped a sentence or two. The conversation continues "Those parents use their kids to pursue their dreams that they couldn't make." and then Kazume went out the noodle shop with anger.

I think Kazuma knows Haruka's dream and knows how hard she is trying to make it happen. He would take the conversation between the guys as a criticism to her more than Kazume let her to be an idol.

It's just my speculation from the trailers and the demo, I guess Haruka's dream is not a typical teenage "I want to be a star someday" kind of stuff but she wants to be for some reasons...Asagao related maybe...

sidenote for those who don't notice, the main theme of Y5 is dream as the subtile of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF_WE0EiAkc

That makes sense. Pretty interesting too. Cheers for translating.

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Persona86

Banned
Nope but it's on my to-get list now for sure. Is Dead Souls worth looking into?

Only if you have low expectations, then you will enjoy it.

The gunplay can be confusing and crap in the beginning, but you get used to it and it actually gets pretty fun later on. The zombies can get a bit repetitive after a while, but what zombie games doesn't get repetitive?

Schlomo

As I expected, graphics are not that different from 3 and 4 overall. Better animations and lighting, but some really ugly low-res textures. And what were they thinking with that water shader?

I liked how the Kyabakura conversations are fully voiced now, makes that mode a lot more appealing.

IrishNinja

kazzy did the best he could raising her, man! he aint even sign up for that job

Have you played Y3? Because that is, in a lot of ways, even better.

Totonberi jr over here
it had a new area, that's literally the only thing that's better. maybe the challenge too

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Totonberi jr over here
it had a new area, that's literally the only thing that's better. maybe the challenge too
Yakuza 3 also has a cute puppy and Rikiya's pretty awesome, as well.
So when they both die, the game dies along with them.

Riposte

Y3 had the best music and a wayyyy better final boss. Harder too. I think I like Y3 more, but Y4 freshened things up.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Y3 had the best music and a wayyyy better final boss. Harder too. I think I like Y3 more, but Y4 freshened things up.
Agreed on the music and the fight itself from a pure gameplay standpoint. Everything leading up to that boss fight was also great, it's just the fact that the final boss was the final boss that was really underwhelming.
I wanted to fight the Black Monday guys!

Yakuza 3 also has a cute puppy and Rikiya's pretty awesome, as well.
So when they both die, the game dies along with them.

Goddammit, I haven't finished Yakuza 3 but for some reason I clicked on that spoiler anyway.
Can't deal with dogs dying, punches me in the gut every time. ;_;

Riposte

You know one thing that has always bugged me? Each game has that opening chime at the main menu and named sort of appropriately to the game. At least the first two were. The first one was "Roar of the Dragon" and the second was "Roar of the Twin Dragons". Should be obvious who these are referring to. Now Yakuza 3 is "Roar of the Dragon God". So... who is that referring to? Kiryu (did he level up? lol), maybe
Joji Fuma
, or
Mine (who has a dragon on his back iirc)
? Or maybe it means nothing. Btw, 4's is Roarless Dragon which I'm not sure means anything either. No idea what's the deal with Kenzen or of the End.

Persona86

Banned
Goddammit, I haven't finished Yakuza 3 but for some reason I clicked on that spoiler anyway.

I was actually going to warn people not to look at his spoiler, because I have been burned so many times by looking at spoilers without thinking haha, sorry too late.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You know one thing that has always bugged me? Each game has that opening chime at the main menu and named sort of appropriately to the game. At least the first two were. The first one was "Roar of the Dragon" and the second was "Roar of the Twin Dragons". Should be obvious who these are referring to. Now Yakuza 3 is "Roar of the Dragon God". So... who is that referring to? Kiryu (did he level up? lol), maybe
Joji Fuma
, or
Mine (who has a dragon on his back iirc)
? Or maybe it means nothing. Btw, 4's is Roarless Dragon which I'm not sure means anything either. No idea what's the deal with Kenzen or of the End.
Huh, I never knew about that. It seems like they just stopped caring after the second game.

I was actually going to warn people not to look at his spoiler, because I have been burned so many times by looking at spoilers without thinking haha, sorry too late.
I'm sorry, I should have labeled that as an actual spoiler after IrishNinja's fake one. :( It's all your fault Irish.

Persona86

Banned
I'm sorry, I should have labeled that as an actual spoiler after IrishNinja's fake one. :( It's all your fault Irish.
Haha luckily I've already finished Y3.
It's a nasty habit I have, for some reason my subconscious assumes it's a very minor spoiler, but usually when I look I find out the ending of a game I've yet to finish or how someone dies etc lol.

Persona86

Banned
Man or Woman?

018.jpg

Also there's a lot of new character pictures on the official site.

Who's this guy?

photo-1.jpg

And this guy looks like bad news.
photo-1.jpg

Most of the new character images seem like they have better graphics than the demo.

As I expected, graphics are not that different from 3 and 4 overall. Better animations and lighting, but some really ugly low-res textures. And what were they thinking with that water shader?

the exact same thing they did in Y4 ? it's like they didn't change it ..

maybe it'll be better during the day

Dariso

Neo Member
the exact same thing they did in Y4 ? it's like they didn't change it ..

maybe it'll be better during the day

It looks really horrible, really noticeable in the cutscene with the two guys at the end of the demo. The first part of Binary Domain(same engine i think?) also had really shitty water. At least the lighting looks like a nice improvement over Y4.

Man or Woman?

018.jpg

Also there's a lot of new character pictures on the official site.

Who's this guy?

photo-1.jpg

And this guy looks like bad news.
photo-1.jpg

Most of the new character images seem like they have better graphics than the demo.

they must have super hi-spec models for the cutscenes because that's been the case with every game

Top Bottom