• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2013 [Up5: BioShock Infinite]

Elios83

So far I'm happy with the software sales numbers for Bioshock, Tomb Raider and Luigi. They're all great games I've really enjoyed playing.
Now waiting for hardware numbers...creamsugar? :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Twenty??? Are they really that behind?

They just started airing it uncut last December I think. One per week goes kinda slow, lol.

I don't see why it's a surprise. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations charted last March.

The series has always sold decently in America.

Interesting. I figured it'd be ultra niche because it's the intersection of two other niches (fighting and anime.)

Hiltz

I forgot that if Wii U sales continue to be awful, then it means third parties will have all the more reason to avoid supporting it. Obviously, this is going to have an impact on the software schedule for 2014 too. Iwata, those 1st party games need to be out now.

Ridley327

No sign of Monster Hunter? :(

MH3's first month was about 111k (feel free to post the accurate number, as I'm sure that's not correct) on a system that most people would describe as being extraordinarily popular. Now, I could be mistaken about the makeup of the Wii U audience as it stands right now, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and claim that it probably does not have 111k gamers interested in MH3U.

TheNatural

My Member!
I forgot that if Wii U sales continue to be awful, then it means third parties will have all the more reason to avoid supporting it. Obviously, this is going to have an impact on the software schedule for 2014 too.

I think that's already happened. The course is set, outside of Ubi Soft I don't think anyone is worried about making a Wii U version to lose money on.

antitrop

Yep, I love my Vita dearly but it's dead as dead can be.

I would trade mine straight up for a 3DS right now. It's probably the greatest lapse in gaming judgement I've ever had. I was a huge PSP fan, I was going on the good faith of that. I also loved my several iterations of DS, too, though.

AniHawk

luigi's mansion's worldwide sales defy what i think any reasonable person could have expected from it. no wonder it's so hard to find. i mean luigi's mansion?

TheNatural

My Member!
It's gonna be a small meal.

0106_jlsqu.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MH3's first month was about 111k (feel free to post the accurate number, as I'm sure that's not correct) on a system that most people would describe as being extraordinarily popular. Now, I could be mistaken about the makeup of the Wii U audience as it stands right now, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and claim that it probably does not have 111k gamers interested in MH3U.

No, but 3DS might. Thankfully MH3U was on two platforms.

Well if we take that Microsoft didn't sell >40% as they have for a long time, then we have a starting point of 391K to work with for Wii, Wii U and PS3 combined.

Maybe Sony PR will give an idea of PS3 (lol).
I think that's already happened. The course is set, outside of Ubi Soft I don't think anyone is worried about making a Wii U version to lose money on.
Warner still cares.
360 > 200K over WiiU.
Where's this coming from?

Daingurse

I would trade mine straight up for a 3DS right now. It's probably the greatest lapse in gaming judgement I've ever had.

Make that a 3DS XL and I might jump in too. I really don't play 3DS games anymore because I despise the ergonomics of my launch OG 3DS. Kid Icarus was literally unplayable for me because I was still recovering from nerve damage.

I am never buying Nintendo launch hardware again.
Unless you bring Smash or Pokemon at Launch.

Scum

For now, Vita!

Wii U still has some larger games coming out this Fall.

Now, if it didn't change much in the long term with 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash...
This right here. If the staple diet of titles show up and it all still goes pear shape, then yeah...

luigi's mansion's worldwide sales defy what i think any reasonable person could have expected from it. no wonder it's so hard to find. i mean luigi's mansion?

Go! Go! Luigi!!

So someone help me out. How did Tomb Raider ship 3.4 million if they didn't even sell 1 million on ndp?

Channel stuffing. SE can claim 3.4 million @ $60 as profit on their earnings reports. Later when they have to drop the price they'll be forced to take it as a loss. But it makes them look good in the short term.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
If Wii U really did around 60k this month, I don't think even someone like myself can find any way to spin that one.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Gonna need more than a 200k off ballpark! Pachter said 55k. If its back to that January woe level in a month with actual games, this party is OVER.

Top Bottom