• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mega-Cave Shooter Post, because they're totally awesome and sweet

Yes Boss!

I'm just still curious how the install disc actually works. Never really been clarified...and a few days ago somebody online mentioned that it only works when you have the actual Cave Shooting Collection discs (color silkscreens) in the system for the DLC to work.

Kainazzo

I'm just still curious how the install disc actually works. Never really been clarified...and a few days ago somebody online mentioned that it only works when you have the actual Cave Shooting Collection discs (color silkscreens) in the system for the DLC to work.

Haven't thought about that! I have a regular Futari that I can try that with this weekend, but I want to say it should work. If I understand correctly, the code on the Shooting Collection discs is exactly the same, as that way they would not have to be recertified.

As for how the disc works: you insert it, run it as a normal game, and it will prompt you on what DLC to install. By default it selects everything, so you can just confirm straight away. After that the DLC data will appear in the respective game folders and act just as if it had been purchased online. Far as I can tell, you can use the disc as many times as you want; it doesn't seem to be console locked or an otherwise 1-time use thing. You also don't have to have already played any of the Shooting Collection discs; the first disc I tried was the installation one and it worked fine.

It's odd though, the installation progress bar is white, and the majority of the background is too. It wasn't until it hit a black background graphic at ~80% that I knew it hadn't frozen on me. I don't know why they didn't think to make it any other color, though it looks to have been thrown together fairly quickly.

Also, after being sold out for some time, Play-Asia has some SDOJ SLE copies back in stock, though they bumped the price up. Do we know what the "unannounced" SLE bonus is yet?

Yes Boss!

Bump for Hype! SDOJ is less than four weeks away!!

I've avoided pretty much everything about the game (videos and stuff), but now I've started watching. What is the consensus on which character to pick? My gut says go for the chick in red since she has the best outfit.

Beckx

Oh, yeah!

I wonder if my credit card company will randomly decline P-A for fraud protection again. Will have to watch my order for signs of problems.

Tain

I want to know just about nothing, lol. I do near-blackouts for everything.

I'll totally look at an OT, though!

Oh, yeah!

I wonder if my credit card company will randomly decline P-A for fraud protection again. Will have to watch my order for signs of problems.

Did you call it in? My bank made placing spend notifications really easy, all I had to do was enter the exact dollar amount I expected to be charged.

Beckx

Did you call it in? My bank made placing spend notifications really easy, all I had to do was enter the exact dollar amount I expected to be charged.

Not yet, last month was very odd, they called us for fraud check but still declined the transaction (so, yay, CapitalOne!). I may try calling CapOne in advance, or switching the payment to Paypal a day or so before release.

Yes Boss!

Not yet, last month was very odd, they called us for fraud check but still declined the transaction (so, yay, CapitalOne!). I may try calling CapOne in advance, or switching the payment to Paypal a day or so before release.

Same thing happened to me and AmiAmi...my card no longer works there (debit) so now I'm just using paypal and have no problems.

SOME-MIST

I haven't really researched anything with SDOJ either, but I have watched a few gameplay videos..

the anticipation has been killing me.. and the awesome thing is that I'll be able to bring it to the Chicago Shmupsmeet the day after and learn from others who already know how to dominate it.

vall03

Still waiting for confirmation if SDOJ is region-locked. If it is, then fuck! Im selling my useless US console and buy an Asian one. Damn you region-lock!

SOME-MIST

I wouldn't make any rash decisions just yet, but I highly doubt that it will be region-free.

I was actually considering buying another new J360 just in case my current one craps out on me down the road and the price goes up.

Rumor for Ketsui PS3's LE bonuses from Shmups via Siliconera:

BulletMagnet said:
If it hasn't already been noted elsewhere, Siliconera says that the LE will contain a superplay Blu-ray (apparently an old one recorded in 2003) and two soundtrack CDs (one original, one arranged). It also says that the game itself includes "a faithful port of the arcade game with a bonus Extra mode", so if this is true it sounds like it'll be the same as the 360 version in terms of content.

Yes Boss!

Rumor for Ketsui PS3's LE bonuses from Shmups via Siliconera:

Sounding good. At booking over 10,000 yen for the LE I'm at least expecting something additional. Very high price point. On the game side I'm hoping for the ability to finesse the visuals a bit, maybe some more options. Not holding my breath, though. Ketsui on blu and region-free is good enough for me.

Kainazzo

I was actually considering buying another new J360 just in case my current one craps out on me down the road and the price goes up.

I am too. I have a Corona J360 that'll hopefully last a lifetime, but I have a feeling it's going to be near impossible to find a new one once they stop production. It's the only console I'm thinking of getting a replacement for, since there's no easy way to do a region free mod on them.

I just don't want to spend $500 on it >_<.

BOTEC

I am too. I have a Corona J360 that'll hopefully last a lifetime, but I have a feeling it's going to be near impossible to find a new one once they stop production. It's the only console I'm thinking of getting a replacement for, since there's no easy way to do a region free mod on them.

I just don't want to spend $500 on it >_<.

Personally, I'm not too worried about the Xbox 360 becoming rare, even after the 720 drops. It's not exactly setting the charts on fire any given week, but there is just enough of a loud market segment for retailers, especially the hardcore focused ones to keep it on shelves and sell through current, and any new stock for the foreseeable future. I don't see a Xbox 1 scenario playing out here.

Dodonpachi Saidaioujou is region-free!

dKXpXxy.png

https://twitter.com/cave_matsuri/status/332848254461034499

TcLOBfB.gif

meppi

TcLOBfB.gif

Perfect response! :D

Doesn't make a difference for me, but I'm glad everyone in this thread will be able to play it now. :)

Makes sense for them to go this way as well after Rising Star Games commented on how bad their sales were in the west and most likely wouldn't be doing new releases.

Yes Boss!

BOOM!

Makes both shooters released that day (and presumably Ketsui PS3) all good to go. Wish they had the foresight to do this years ago. Mushi No 1 all locked up.

Less than three weeks to go. ORDER EVERYONE!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Wonderful! Didn't really expect it.

Wow. I wonder what made them change their stance from recent releases? Maybe they had been hoping for western publishing deals, don't see any more on the horizon, and decided to go back to region free?

They explicitly said they were looking for an international publisher (and were actually hopeful for a release close to the Japanese date), but with basically no publisher willing to release STGs left, they probably found noone.

Edit:
Makes both shootes released that day (and presumably Ketsui PS3) all good to go.

What else releases that day? I haven't followed the games that closely lately, since I assumed everything will be locked anyway.

Wow. I wonder what made them change their stance from recent releases? Maybe they had been hoping for western publishing deals, don't see any more on the horizon, and decided to go back to region free?

Most likely culprit is all the story-heavy voice and anime they crammed into the Xbox360 mode for this game, which adds a lot to the localization bill.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit. That's awesome news!

Ahh, so hmmm, this is probably the first time a region-free Cave release was coming out and I had the opportunity to snag a LE. $113 is kinda a lot, though. Anyone know if the soundtrack is a full soundtrack or just a partial? I'd assume full since it's not like the soundtrack can be all that extensive.

Anyone know what all comes in the super LE? I'm not willing to drop that kind of money on a single release but I'm still interested in what all it's packing.

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiit. That's awesome news!

Ahh, so hmmm, this is probably the first time a region-free Cave release was coming out and I had the opportunity to snag a LE. $113 is kinda a lot, though. Anyone know if the soundtrack is a full soundtrack or just a partial? I'd assume full since it's not like the soundtrack can be all that extensive.

Anyone know what all comes in the super LE? I'm not willing to drop that kind of money on a single release but I'm still interested in what all it's packing.

The super LE sold out in a matter of minutes so comparing the editions is sort of moot.

Yes Boss!

I been playing Dodonpachi titles in the last week as my excitement grows for the new release. Mainly Dodonpachi PS1 and Maximum Bullet Simulator (after setting it down last january).

Still trying to clear 5C-E-D on MBS. Very close to getting done with 5C. Dropped to 79 on the leaderboards. Anybody know of any superplay videos of these levels?

BOTEC

http://i.imgur.com/dKXpXxy.png[IMG]

[url]https://twitter.com/cave_matsuri/status/332848254461034499[/url]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TcLOBfB.gif

Oh shit! CAVE are really pulling out all the stops to make this a hit seller. I hope it works out for them.

Yes Boss!

Anyone have an SLG mini? Would you recommend it for shooters on 360?

I would. I've been using it on my 360 and HDTV VGA input for Caladrius, Cyber Troopers and R-Type Dimensions for the last three weeks. Pretty indistinguishable from the SLG3000 other than the fact that there is no on off switch and scanline density adjustment. Well worth the $20. Another benefit is that I just leave it plugged into my HDTV in the back all the time and keep the 3000 hooked up to the DC.

Think I paid $23 after shipping for it.

I would. I've been using it on my 360 and HDTV VGA input for Caladrius, Cyber Troopers and R-Type Dimensions for the last three weeks. Pretty indistinguishable from the SLG3000 other than the fact that there is no on off switch and scanline density adjustment. Well worth the $20. Another benefit is that I just leave it plugged into my HDTV in the back all the time and keep the 3000 hooked up to the DC.

Think I paid $23 after shipping for it.

Thanks for the impressions. I think I'll set up an old PC CRT with my DC and 360 over a VGA switch and SLG.

Tayaya

There's a Chicago Shmupmeet? Did I miss it? I would kill for a chance to show off my completely lackluster shmuppy skills with other like-minded individuals in this area!

Top Bottom