• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: The Angry Sea - 5 minutes of SP gameplay

RoKKeR

Looks absolutely ridiculous. 60FPS on consoles is a megaton, honestly. And it's amazing to think that BF's campaign has looked more impressive than CoD's so far.

Can't wait to see the MP reveal later today. Still can't get over that 60FPS...so great!

spuit*11

Banned
Seems they were running the PC version at the Xbox conference.

13708866258386oujr.png

Divius

Even though it looked quite nice, showing scripted SP gameplay is not something I want from a Battlefield game.

DTKT

What is with all that gushing over 60 FPS. The actual gameplay part looks like the same boring stuff as Call of Duty or the BF3 campaign.

Now, boring stuff is going to look even smoother.

holy fuck at those graphics outside the big ship. Best I ever seen (yes i know it was PC footage) Particles and material were flying everywhere. Jets were breaking apart (not scripted as you could shoot them.)

Lulubop

They said they were going to show the game running at 60 fps, not the Xbone version running at 60fps. As we can see the game was running on PC.

It'lll be interesting to see if it'll run at that on Xbone.

Here's my problem with DICE and BF4. Stop showing singleplayer footage..In fact stop developing singleplayer altogether. I don't understand why they insist on developing such creatively bankrupt singleplayer and showing off this crap especially given how dynamic their multiplayer is.

Wickerman

What is with all that gushing over 60 FPS. The actual gameplay part looks like the same boring stuff as Call of Duty or the BF3 campaign.

Now, boring stuff is going to look even smoother.

We get it all FPS are the same. Sorry, but some of us still enjoy playing them.

The graphics during the boat scene looked insanely good.

Wooooow. I know it is scripted but that jet falling was amazing. Ugh looks like it will be time to upgrade the old PC soon.

Makoto

Here's my problem with DICE and BF4. Stop showing singleplayer footage..In fact stop developing singleplayer altogether. I don't understand why they insist on developing such creatively bankrupt singleplayer and showing off this crap especially given how dynamic their multiplayer is.
"The intense and deep singleplayer campaign will have all of the Battlefield moments players have come to know and love about the franchise."

*scripted setpieces*

I don't think ya'll know what makes a Battlefield moment, devs.

gaf: every other fps : OMG look at that singleplayer!

then when DICE shows off some amazing setpieces. gaf: blah blah it is crap.

the hate is ridiculous.

here is a memo for you all, uncharted singleplayer is also scripted. Basically every singleplayer game is so i dont know why battlefield gets flak for it.

Donos

then when DICE shows off some amazing setpieces. blah blah it is crap.

the hate is ridiculous.

here is a memo for you all, uncharted singleplayer is also scripted. Basically every singleplayer game is so i dont know why battlefield gets flak for it.

People love Battlefield for the multiplayer. Give me the setpieces they showed for mp and i'm happy. Have over 200 hours in BF3 but still not finished the SP.

Boat scene looked very nice. Want that water in a mp map.

then when DICE shows off some amazing setpieces. gaf: blah blah it is crap.

the hate is ridiculous.

You comparing BF3's singleplayer to Uncharted's? Did you even play BF3's singleplayer? They're not even comparable. But I digress, my point is that BF's signature strength is in its dynamic interactions in large scale multiplayer. Show that off...not some derivative singleplayer...I don't hate scripted cinematic games (love it when it's done right). But DICE has never executed the latter well..

to this day i have never even hit the start button for singleplayer in a battlefield game. neither has anyone i know. who are these people that care about bf singleplayer?

kitch9

Banned
60fps is great.

What is the res, I'm guessing its 720p?

Res wasn't mentioned, it was 720p.

Sad if so.

Pathetic.

*Edit* Lol, it was the PC version, jesus.

dhonk

That sliding plane is much more important than the guys shooting at me.

confirmed, playing as call of duty dog

RoKKeR

Not sure why the SP is getting bombarded, it looked a hell of a lot more interesting and fun than CoD Ghost's showing yesterday.

RedSwirl

Are we sure that's running on an Xbox One. That could very well just be a PC running a 7990 with an Xbox One controller connected to it. I'll wait for confirmation.

You comparing BF3's singleplayer to Uncharted's? Did you even play BF3's singleplayer? They're not even comparable. But I digress, my point is that BF's signature strength is in its dynamic interactions in large scale multiplayer. Show that off...not some derivative singleplayer...I don't hate scripted cinematic games (love it when it's done right). But DICE has never executed the latter well..

DICE did just fine with Mirrors Edge and they admitted BF3 singleplayer was not good. But right now BF4 SP looks already more interesting.

I watched COD die, right then and there.*

Ghosts is a great name now, in retrospect, as COD just continues to go through the same motions, rattling the same chains in its own haunted purgatory.

TitanFall took the torch and ran with it though

Jackpot

Banned
60fps. At least that will correct the idiots who thought CoD's terrible graphics were a necessity for smooth framerate.

Arksy

Frostbite 3 is an amazing engine and DICE's sound production is second to none.

I get chills just thinking about the sound effects in the subway map of BF3.

Top Bottom