• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4: The Angry Sea - 5 minutes of SP gameplay

jett

D-Member
Dull as fuck. Press the analog stick forward, press A to awesome. If you're going to make this brainless pap just don't even bother and put all your resources on multiplayer.

Nizz

So they're gunning for 60fps on the new consoles, huh? That's amazing :0

*edit So they're still doing the PC version with controller attached? Arghh... Hopefully it's representative of how the game will eventually run on the new systems.

The one big advantage the COD franchise had over the console Battlefield games (60fps) is null and void now. Both games should play smooth as hell now.

RangersFan

'eff sp campaign. stop trying to appeal to the cod and casual fans. true bf fans only care about mp. was ridiculous that most review sites used bf campaign to justify giving it equal scores to mw3 when it clearly deserved a much higher score. stop catering to them, cater to the base that already prefers it to cod.

Probably. This genre is creatively defunct.

that's what i dont get though. People seem genuine excited for killzone sp while it has the same scripted gameplay as etc CoD and Battlefield.

edit: Halo has the scripted over the top action as well.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I like how MP will have something other than just swimming to shore or riding onto the shore. But idk if this kills COD just yet.

When he shot the plane down onto the enemies. I kind of wanted more. It does look a hell of a lot better than BF3's campaign.

In COD you do more in terms of survival than BF. You're more geared towards feeling like you're in the game. Rather than watching it play out over each large scale battle.

B.O.O.M

that's what i dont get though. People seem genuine excited for killzone sp while it has the same scripted gameplay as etc CoD and Battlefield.

Setting makes a big difference. BF4 looks like..well a lot of other games. The environments etc are very similar.

Not gonna lie I found the COD stuff to be more interesting than this.

Naked Lunch

60fps on a console is a huge huge huge deal for Battlefield.
Now the net nerds are saying: "but at what resolution?"
heh.

The real deal question is: is it 64 players on console?

Riding a boat thru those huge waves looked cool as hell - esp if that translates to multiplayer. Boat riding in BF before has been a smooth and flat experience.

iMRkvGBSLVOGs.gif

jett

D-Member

Setting and art direction I guess, although KZ2 at least wasn't a scripted shooting gallery like CoD. Enemies actually do have AI. I don't know how Shadow Fall will turn out, but at least the director just said on GT that the level that will be shown at the conference will be "wider" with several paths to reach your objective.

drexplora

ill be happy if the single player portion of the game also serves as MP training.

If not would rather have it like BF2 where u can load up the MP maps with bots or alone or with a friend and practice and learn the maps. "Singleplayer".

edit: Halo has the scripted over the top action as well.
Killzone has much better AI than any COD or Battlefield. And Battlefield has a HUGE sandbox of weapons and vehicles and kit it can leverage into a campaign if the designers gave a damn.

COD looks as outdated as an old school arena shooter right now. A dog is sure as fuck is not going to cut it.

All of this is campaign only of course.

MoonLightWave, the jaggies in the gif could cut through steel.

Jesus... Wow this was very impressive!

A bit much scripted things, but gawddamn...

And yes, CoD looks really outdated now, with everything we've seen.

Killzone has much better AI than any COD or Battlefield. And Battlefield has a HUGE sandbox of weapons and vehicles and kit it can leverage into a campaign if the designers gave a damn.

COD looks as outdated as an old school arena shooter right now. A dog is sure as fuck is not going to cut it.

All of this is campaign only of course.

Killzone does not have destruction though.

Why must gameplay demos have slow moving cameras that look around super slow? Also why would you just run after a jet falling off the boat?

Top Bottom