• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

Too bad she can't magically teach him how to fight.
That's right Shin, that takes years of discipline and effort and some sense of self-worth you dirty, suicidal, dead, pretty boy, pansy!

Um. You'll have to excuse me. I have the sudden urge to print out a picture and gnash it up in my teeth.

LOL!

I'm still hoping for sexy girl Paul. :D

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah, well If I don't get to at least see concept sketches of my giant praying mantis, I'm blaming the guy in that infuriating button-up shirt, and all that junk wrapped around his arm!

And when I'm done with Miguel, I'm blaming Shin! Even if he doesn't show up either, it's still his fault for even being an option.

I'm having so much fun with Kazuya, I know one combo but I don't know any others that does much damage.

Kazuyas are the worst....
kazuyas8ssuy.gif

This and lasers all the time.

These invincible moves are the most stupid idea in the forever. Clean hit? Well try again I was spamming invincibles. It forces you into being passive and playing the waiting game. Yet the lasers force you to be active and not wait around.

The most abusive classless character I played against. Oh and of course King grapple-combos how do I get out of those?!

DerZuhälter;71266881 said:
kazuyas8ssuy.gif

These invincible moves are the most stupid idea in the forever. Clean hit? Well try again I was spamming invincibles. It forces you into being passive and playing the waiting game. Yet the lasers force you to be active and not wait around.

The most abusive classless character I played. Oh and of course King grapple-combos how do I get out of those?!

I don't like invincibility moves as much as you do. I barely use his laser. Even if I do use it like I did yesterday, players could easily dodge them if they're good. I don't spam his invincibility move a lot because I could get punished if my opponents block it.

Raonak

Banned
sorta forced into playing this because my ps3 can't play blurays anymore.

warming up to it. I like booting it up, playing a few rounds, then be done for the day.

/kaz player before it was cool. totally forgot he could even transform. and barely use the iframe move. mainly because im still playing it like TTT2. meaning all my aerial combos are ending way too quickly, because i keep forgetting theres no bound.

Manbig

DerZuhälter;71266881 said:
kazuyas8ssuy.gif

The most abusive classless character I played against. Oh and of course King grapple-combos how do I get out of those?!

That Paul player just randomly mashing buttons in front of him is just as bad. Could have easily just stood there, blocked that shit, and killed Kaz for it.

This is not proof that invincible moves are bad for the game. This is only proof that the players are terrible at this game.

DEATH™

That Paul player just randomly mashing buttons in front of him is just as bad. Could have easily just stood there, blocked that shit, and killed Kaz for it.

This is not proof that invincible moves are bad for the game. This is only proof that the players are terrible at this game.

Paul tried to do df2 punish after the invincible but whiffed, then the second one is a missed input. It happens...

Don't be judgmental DansGame lol

Agreed. Typical case of people not understanding the game and blaming some mechanic.

After playing TTT2 this game is a walk in the park. People online are absolutely horrible for the most part. I've never spent a dime and play all I want thanks to them.

Manbig

DEATH™;71341706 said:
Paul tried to do df2 punish after the invincible but whiffed, then the second one is a missed input. It happens...

Don't be judgmental DansGame lol

So he misses a whiff punish attempt and then throws out a 2 jab right after? Too much dial a combo mode for that guy. Even if it happens sometimes, that still doesn't prove that invincible moves are bad for the game. Next time he should whiff punish with something that has more range.

On another note, I was rolling with my HellNeoGAF account a bit this morning and ran into a few lvl 50s that decided to join the room. This on guy named something like "SpeciaSauce89" was particularly obnoxious. He managed to get a W on me because he didn't expect his constant random ducking. All I needed was one match to get that read though and proceeded to take his tickets with my 0 stat Jack vs his high stat characters. Such a joke.

Doomshine

Agreed. Typical case of people not understanding the game and blaming some mechanic.

After playing TTT2 this game is a walk in the park. People online are absolutely horrible for the most part. I've never spent a dime and play all I want thanks to them.

If anything he was lucky that he didn't get hit with an electric instead.

Pachimari

Thanks, watching. :)

Summary:

- They have a lot of updates coming.
- Go to Twitter and express what you want in the game and they'll try make it happen.
- Other costumes getting added toward the end of July in new update.
- Can't say much of Tekken X Street Fighter but it's still in development.
- Hwoarang's face is updated too.
- It's not easy to convert the Tekken games to PC.
- It's hard for them to gauge which classic costumes have been the most popular from Tekken 1-4, so let them know which ones you want to get back on Twitter.
- It's difficult to port the console characters to the Arcade, because it would take a lot of funds.
- Namco Bandai are not fond of giving you a free local Versus mode you can play all you want. But it might be possible if you pay for items etc. They would like ideas.
- They might do a video tutorial series instead of implementing a mode, maybe team up with Level Up Your Game again.
- If Tekken Revolution isn't downloaded 2 million times Harada is going to be fired.
- Currently developing 3 projects nobody knows about.
- No time for Tekken X Gran Turismo. ;)
- One of Harada's secrets projects will likely be announced in 2014 and we will be surprised.

Pachimari

It really sounds like these "circumstances" as to why they can't reveal a release date for Tekken X Street Fighter has to do with them discussing a next-gen version.

I thought they were gonna show concept art for the 3 candidates from the character poll, what happened with that?

I just noticed her new face. It's much better than in prior games. In fact, I think all of Revolution's faces are better.

Eh, new face looks too much like Asuka. Her face model that launched with TR was perfect for the whole androgynous character type.

Edit: Woulda preferred if they kept costume edit and just sold us parts. I guess it's easier on the netcode this way though.

GrayFoxPL

I'm pretty amazed they bothered to remake faces because frankly the changes are cosmetic. I must squint my eyes and have that: "Not sure if..." moment.

Sayah

1.Shin Deadmiya
2.Tekken Force Stripper
3.Salomon

I'm betting these are the results.

The fish will probably be more competent fighter then Shin. :pP

Shin is the new king of the Iron Fist Tournament. You must bow before him.

King of the Special Kids Tournament - maybe.

New outfits:
Special ED helmet
Lunchbox with Thermos
Short bus ticket

*drops mic*

I can't stop laughing.

Ticket system is basically

Use 1 ticket to play (regardless outcome)
Get 1 ticket for a win

So unless you earn tickets outside this, you break even.

Some events (like the first) gave a few each day, as well as at certain thresholds (levels, wins, GP etc).

There's a FAQ around here somewhere.

GrayFoxPL

I never earn tickets though even though I win most of the times in ranked and player matches. You have reach a certain amount of wins or something don't you?

If you have one ticket (gold bar one) and you use it, if you win you get one ticket. So if you win, you'll play forever.

Game also gives you tickets for certain things like.
Clear arcade mode 10 times
Clear arcade mode 30 times

Number of wins, I can't exactly remember but I think it's 10, 30, 60, 100 wins each.

Mesharey

I will pay for versus mode, I like to play fighting games with my friends a lot more than playing online or arcade mode.

Jin Kazam needs 30.000 gift points, right?
Any other way to unlock him faster? :(
Hwoarang too?

The character you unlock at each gift point threshold is completely random. I'd theorized that you could delete your save file and try again if the first, quick unlock isn't the character you want but I don't think anybody's tried that yet.

Manbig

Dunno if anyone else here watches the Avoiding the Puddle video podcast, but RIP mentioned that power is getting a pretty big nerf in this patch.

Top Bottom