• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD 4 Beta Thread

Teen Ape

I bet they're probably just testing to be sure they're Beta invite system is working so a couple of select got it that arent in IW...count on the Beta sign ups/downloads starting Sunday or Monday. Either way its good to know it'll be here by the start of next week atleast.

Stantron

nategc said:
i still don't have a harddrive even if i did had it

:( i depressed myself... i did get banned though

i guess lying that you have the beta is a permabanned in the charlieoscardelta forums.... :( :( :(

So you were lying to us too then?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
nategc said:
:( will you ever forgive me gaf :(

Sure thing. Let me lead you to our special forgiveness room. Pay no attention to the drain in the center of the floor, and keep looking forward please.

armubaba

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Oh lord I just got back from Superbad. Can someone fill me in? I'm freakin out.

Furious F5s, meh-gaton at charlieoscardelta, one dude has Beta via Friends and Family, one douche pretends he has it, armubaba cries and longs for somebody to hold him, and now we are at where we are now.

armubaba said:
Furious F5s, meh-gaton at charlieoscardelta, one dude has Beta via Friends and Family, one douche pretends he has it, armubaba cries and longs for somebody to hold him, and now we are at where we are now.
Oh... seemed like something was actually happening. Well then I'm glad I went and saw the movie.

armubaba said:
:lol great summery

Stantron

From fourzerotwo.com

Happening around the internetz today. Well, after hundreds upon hundreds of messages to my Xbox, and the interwebs catching on fire, here's the low down.

You will notice a lot of us here at IW playing the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Beta on Xbox Live. What does this mean?

Not a lot. Basically, it means that our team at Microsoft has done an amazing job of getting the Beta through Certification, and it is now on the LIVE servers. Which is why it was posted on the Xbox.com Marketplace Ticker.

This DOES NOT mean that it's ready for the public yet, which is where the first image comes into play, my gamercard. We're still doing internal stress testing on the Beta here at IW and with a very SMALL group of trusted friends and family.

Aka... we're currently in Friends and Family mode of the beta, where essentially the only people who have access are us here at the studio, and those we know personally so we can stress test it over Xbox Live. Keep in mind, this is the first time it's been on Xbox Live servers, so we want to make sure it works properly and is up to par before all of the community / world downloads it when it goes Live to the public.

Keep in mind, there is currently still no 'OFFICIAL' date on when the beta will go live on that, but it's getting closer. I've always said, once you see it on my Gamercard, you know it's close. So keep your eyes peeled on www.charlieoscardelta.com (when you guys aren't crashing it), and as soon as we're finished and know the date the beta will be available for Public (i.e. your tokens will be given out) then the Countdown timer will appear and I will be there to welcome all of you with open arms to the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare BETA.

Meanwhile, stay tuned to Charlieoscardelta.com for details on dates and times that it will be opened to everyone.

Thanks everyone for the hundreds of messages, I'll try to respond to who I can, but don't be offended if I don't get to you soon (ever) my messenger alone has crashed 12 times today from too many PMs.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Just to reiterate what fourzerotwo already posted on on www.fourzerotwo.com - COD4 beta hasn't started. We just got it through MS cert today, so its seriously only IW people + a handful of close friends. You'd be surprised at how few people actually have it on their 360 HDDs (I was #2! :D)

You don't need to be F5'ing CharlieOscarDelta every thirteen seconds for the next month to know when the beta is coming. We'll have a countdown timer, to avoid the "OMG IM GOING TO GO SEE SUPERBAD! PLZ DONT COME OUT!" stuff.

Yes, this will most likely result in all our webservers melting to the ground and our datacenter going up in flames - but thats for another discussion.

We know you guys want it really bad. We want you to have it. We just want to make sure that when you've all got it you can actually play. There can be a huge difference between devkits + retail kits and their respective Xbox Live networks, and we want this to go smoothly.

segarr

That's good information now why don't you put it on the front page of charlieoscardelta.com so everyone can see it?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DKo5 said:
Just to reiterate what fourzerotwo already posted on on www.fourzerotwo.com - COD4 beta hasn't started. We just got it through MS cert today, so its seriously only IW people + a handful of close friends. You'd be surprised at how few people actually have it on their 360 HDDs (I was #2! :D)

You don't need to be F5'ing CharlieOscarDelta every thirteen seconds for the next month to know when the beta is coming. We'll have a countdown timer, to avoid the "OMG IM GOING TO GO SEE SUPERBAD! PLZ DONT COME OUT!" stuff.

Yes, this will most likely result in all our webservers melting to the ground and our datacenter going up in flames - but thats for another discussion.

We know you guys want it really bad. We want you to have it. We just want to make sure that when you've all got it you can actually play. There can be a huge difference between devkits + retail kits and their respective Xbox Live networks, and we want this to go smoothly.

Good shit sir. This should be put in the Original Post. On that note im going to bed. Also do you know how many people we can expect in the beta?

segarr said:
That's good information now why don't you put it on the front page of charlieoscardelta.com so everyone can see it?

How about.. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Hide that shit somewhere on the site so only I can find it.

DKo5 said:
A little late you stupid jerk.
I'm just kidding. I love you with the conviction of 7 Arabian princesses.

armubaba

Well, now that that has been cleared up, and although I would have rather have had that bit of info earlier today, I am at peace.

The one thing I'm scared about though is the complete devastation this site will face come sign-up time. If it buckled under the pressure of tonight, which was pretty much an isolated event, I shudder to think what will happen to it when the exact time is released.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
We're not done upgrading the back end yet. Things will hopefully go smooth. If not? I'm just going to assume our offices will be firebombed :p

DKo5 said:
We're not done upgrading the back end yet. Things will hopefully go smooth. If not? I'm just going to assume our offices will be firebombed :p

Where are your offices? Specific address would be awesome.

DKo5 said:
... still not getting a beta key early ;D
Did I mention I am a Tasty Sailor?

Brimley1.jpg

Do you tango for Pancakes?

MaX_PL

Banned
KarishBHR said:
What exactly must I do to get into this beta? I signed up for the website... anything else

i want to know as well. i didnt sign up earlier because i thought the beta would be over by the time i got back from vaca. i guess it hasnt started yet though.

sankao

KarishBHR said:
What exactly must I do to get into this beta? I signed up for the website... anything else
That's all you need to do, sign up and when it's out you will automatically get it. No need to check charlieoscardelta.com again, ever.

Eric WK

From fourzerotwo.com:

Meanwhile, stay tuned to Charlieoscardelta.com for details on dates and times that it will be opened to everyone.

Does that mean that it will be a completely public Beta?

FatalT

Banned
ice cream said:
That would be amazing but also sorta annoying with all the 12 year old kids...

Excuse me? 12 year old kids? You're playing an online video game. There's going to be 12 year old kids in them all.

bjscott05

Here is an update on the status of the BETA:
Regarding the CoD4:MW MP Public Beta: later this week the countdown clock will be going up, and don't worry it's a short one! We've been hard at work on finalizing the details of the Beta, and we're excited to finally let you know when you'll be able to join!

Nice! :D

Joates

Banned
I would just like to whoever at IW decided it was a good idea to put the "coming soon" roll-over graphic on the beta page... FUCK YOU.

Seriously though, did they really need to make it a roll-over?

Top Bottom