• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's hinting at some MEGAton-age next week

Excerpts from their SFHD blog. Brian is the blog moderator and Rey is the producer for SFHD. Seems like they're hinting at something big over on the SFHD blog.

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/digital.php/2007/09/26/flying_dictators_new_art#c3702

Comment from: Brian Dunn [Member]
@Patrick,

....... with a lot of projects under development - some major, some minor, some announced already, some yet to be announced (we have a Gamer's Day coming up in the middle of October where we are going to drop some big bombshells - you've been warned).

.... everyone at Capcom knows all the fans are extremely anxious for a NEW SF game, believe me. That's about all I can say about that...

Comment from: Rey [Visitor]
Well, I can testify, that what's coming is a megaton bomb! You will not be dissappointed.

There are multiple bombshells coming. We have our Gamer's Day event in London next Wednesday (10/17), but there will be announcements and things starting to come up on Monday (10/15) and continuing all week.

Keep an eye on capcom-unity.com because we'll have all the big news there.

hmmmm....I wonder what the big news is going be?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
That fits with what they said a few weeks ago about London announcements "blowing people's faces off" or something like that.

ManaByte

Gold Member
It'll go like this...

::Street Fighter theme plays::

Fanboys faint.

::Footage appears on screen, high res sprites CPS3 level animation::

Fanboys soil their pants.

::Footage ends with the Wii logo::

Faces blown off.
with shotguns

RyanDG

Everything I've heard so far is that there may be quite a bit of crying coming from Street Fighter fans in regards to their announcements. I hope what I've been told is wrong, but I am hearing a lot of talk about a third person action adventure game starring Chun Li to coincide with the release of the movie.

Dante

What's with all the megatons su[pposedly coming up:

This

They hinted at this weeks On The SPot will have one

Sony Big Bang

Kojima Reports.

RyanDG said:
I hope what I've been told is wrong, but I am hearing a lot of talk about a third person action adventure game starring Chun Li to coincide with the release of the movie.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Opus Angelorum said:
Would Street Fighter IV really be classed as a megaton?

How could it not be? However, I'm just going to wait for Street Fighter IV: Super Turbo Pimped Out Incredible Megaton Ultra Final Exclusive Limited Collector's Edition.

THAT will be the one to own -- fosho. Actually, I've got my money on a sequel to Dead Rising.

To be fair, I don't think Capcom said the TGS announcments were big. I hear it was some other website that sensationalized them. And I may be wrong, but Capcom did say thier big stuff was coming in October.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
dhalsim unlockable in re5 plz
imagine that scene where chris punches the zombie, except dhalsim does melees from like fifteen feet away

So this is the Capcom event they talked about at TGS right?

The lack of Monster Hunter 3 here would cause many people to loose their lives at my hands Capcom.

DELIVER.

RyanDG said:
Everything I've heard so far is that there may be quite a bit of crying coming from Street Fighter fans in regards to their announcements. I hope what I've been told is wrong, but I am hearing a lot of talk about a third person action adventure game starring Chun Li to coincide with the release of the movie.

Ah crap. Haven't we already experienced Death by Degrees with Nina from Tekken? What's the difference (besides Chun Li's thighs)? This has bomb written all over it, and it hasn't even been announced yet.

Rhindle

There is nothing Capcom could conceivably do that would qualify as a megaton.

other than teh Splorgenboard announcement

RyanDG

Opus Angelorum said:
Are you fucking kidding me?

I wish I were... But there is a silver lining. Despite this rumored Chun-li centric game being in development for "next-gen consoles", there are supposedly other Street Fighter projects in the works for next year.

My source is a little dubious and the rumor is unsubstantiated as of now, but after seeing it pop up independently on a few other sites after I was told about it, I'm beginning to wonder if its legitimate.

Top Bottom