• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's hinting at some MEGAton-age next week

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
What IPs do they own that are MEGATON worthy?

[Nintex]

Megaman in Brawl, or Ryu in Brawl... "something Capcom in Brawl."
SF4 doesn't seem likely yet, especially with SF2HD around the corner. Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 for 2008.

RyanDG said:
Bionic Commando
Strider

^ These are megaton-esque in my mind. ;)

Agreed. I'd also like:

Planet Harriers
After Burner Climax

I just want Planet Harriers finally ported to a home console. After all this time, I've never had a chance to play the true sequel to Space Harrier 2, and that's a damn shame. I'll also throw in After Burner: Climax

Shepherd said:

66ljwo7.gif

Firestorm

Shepherd said:

Depends on what they do with them, but:
- Street Fighter
- Mega Man
- Resident Evil
- Devil May Cry
- Ace Attorney
- Breath of Fire
- Power Stone
- New crossover with SNK
- Viewtiful Joe?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Give me some Mega Man Wii Capcom..do it!!!

RE4 style Wii game is also needed, but I'll give Capcom a bit more time to announce that one.

Firestorm

Well, SFIV on Wii without waggle might make people happy. After all, it could be on DS or cell phones. If Capcom doesn't want to go HD, Wii without waggle (or optional waggle) would be the way to go.

Milkman said:
Relax, guys. It's Star Gladiator Trois.

Hey. I liked those games. I wouldn't be upset if that was it.

But Bionic Commando done right. Hmm.. That would be sweet. But it better damn well have you going up against a reborn Hitler again, and I want that head explosion redone with full HD video, you hear me Capcom?

sankao

Why would they announce SFIV while the HD remake is not even out yet ? That would kill the sales.
My money is on some new RE5 footage and a DS or Wii game. Maybe a DMC4 demo if we are really lucky.

TreIII

beelzebozo said:
VIEWTIFUL JOE

that i can get behind

Agreed.

Brings up an interesting question though...is ALL of the former "Team Viewtiful" with Clover/Seeds/that-new-name-that-I-don't-want-to-say-because-it's-lame, or did any or all of them go back to Capcom?

After all, whether Clover had a spell with it or not, it's still Capcom's franchise. All it would take is just for some competent team to craft a new game, and try and get Dee Bradley Baker and crew to come back for one more go-round...right?

But all that aside, I would like nothing more than for Capcom to contribute their own solid offering to the retro-loving that the DS is getting lately. Strider, Bionic Commando, Final Fight, Gargoyle's Quest/Demon's Crest or hell, friggin' TIGER ROAD and/or MAGIC SWORD?!

THAT would constitute mega-ton. But more than likely, it's probably just going to be that lame Chun-li game.

tribal24

Banned
hmm i seen this thread before but yeah everytime capcom makes a announcement we get a new cellphone game that we will never play so-_-

Superblatt said:
Agreed. I'd also like:

Planet Harriers
After Burner Climax

I just want Planet Harriers finally ported to a home console. After all this time, I've never had a chance to play the true sequel to Space Harrier 2, and that's a damn shame. I'll also throw in After Burner: Climax

We are talking about Capcom here my friend, not Sega. Both of them are equally awesome so I can see how you would mistake one for the other.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This is the 4th time we've had a "Capcom is going to announce Megaton!!" thread in the last month :/

Varth

This is the 4th time we've had a "Capcom is going to announce Megaton!!" thread in the last month :/

Well... 4th could be the right one, since Capcom is actually having a press event (this Wednesday? EDIT: no, next one), and seemed pretty confident about it. There should be something for everyone, but I don't know if all the unveilings will be equal in size.

My bet (without anything to support it, mind you)? Dead Rising 2 multi, Onimusha PS3/multi, Bionic Commando Reborn PS3, couple games for Wii (Rockman whatever? Dunno really). Basically, all their TGS lineup is coming out of the bermuda triangle it fell into.

Should they fail me, some heads will roll ^^

grandjedi6 said:
Capcom + megaton announcement in a thread title should be bannable at this point. :/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SFIV = megaton? Maybe if they got the right people behind it, does anybody who worked on any of the original games still work at Capcom?

Top Bottom