• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's hinting at some MEGAton-age next week

rakka

Jackson said:
capcom isnt going to make a freaking website to announce a character for brawl...

they didn't make a website. it's a simple countdown on their community portal, which has been around for a while now.

Splatt

Maybe this so-called "MEGAton" is somehow related to Resident Evil PSP?

or

GOD HAND AND OKAMI GET A SEQUEL BITCHES!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Splatt said:
Maybe this so-called "MEGAton" is somehow related to Resident Evil PSP?

hmm...if it was a all new resident evil main game it would be a megaton...

I'd crap my pants if the announced Mega Man for Brawl and a new Mega Man game for Wii (Mega Man Legends perhaps). I also would like it if they announced Resident Evil 5 for PC, but did a better job of it than RE4.

Aggelos

Splatt said:
Trough the power of the Gray Skull, both God Hand and Okami will get a sequel. So shut up.

To say nothing of the fact the 2 masterminds (Mikami Shinji, Kamiya Hideki) behind those games work for Platinum Games currently....

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd love it to be Street Fighter 4, but if that was on the cards why would they have gone ahead with the HD remake of 2?

SF4 would totally eclipse that and render it quite redundant.

Splatt

Aggelos said:
To say nothing of the fact the 2 masterminds (Mikami Shinji, Kamiya Hideki) behind those games work for Platinum Games currently....

But... but... the power of the Gray Skull! ... ? :(

rakka said:
they didn't make a website. it's a simple countdown on their community portal, which has been around for a while now.

As much as some people want to think that Brawl is the be all and end all for some reason, Capcom invented the damned fighting game (for all intents and purposes).
They have more than enough capability to do their own fighting game without having to resort to a countdown for a character for someone else's game.

(That being said I think Megaman would be a perfect addition to Brawl)

Nash said:
I'd love it to be Street Fighter 4, but if that was on the cards why would they have gone ahead with the HD remake of 2?

SF4 would totally eclipse that and render it quite redundant.

Because the HD remake will hit long before any Street Fighter IV would hit, it serves to get people hungry for a new Street Fighter also better than almost any ad campaign would and also working with HD sprites is a great way to get experience for doing a new HD 2D fighter.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
OokieSpookie said:
Because the HD remake will hit long before any Street Fighter IV would hit, it serves to get people hungry for a new Street Fighter also better than almost any ad campaign would and also working with HD sprites is a great way to get experience for doing a new HD 2D fighter.

But the HD remake is a Western pet project right? Despite the rights being given to the US arm of Capcom, I really doubt anyone would seriously go ahead with a US developed SF4. The experience in fighting games just isn't there. So this HD experience is probably not relevant to a SF4.

Also a lot of demand for a new SF is to see it updated in resolution. The HD remake coming out long before a SF4 would diminish that. Even more so if they screw up the gameplay of 2 in the process, which isn't out of the question.

I just think the HD remake is at odds with a SF4, unless (tin-hat time) the whole remake thing has been cover to gauge interest and reaction to a new high-res SF and it's all been done with SF4 in mind.

Nash said:
But the HD remake is a Western pet project right? Despite the rights being given to the US arm of Capcom, I really doubt anyone would seriously go ahead with a US developed SF4. The experience in fighting games just isn't there. So this HD experience is probably not relevant to a SF4.

Also a lot of demand for a new SF is to see it updated in resolution. The HD remake coming out long before a SF4 would diminish that. Even more so if they screw up the gameplay of 2 in the process, which isn't out of the question.

I just think the HD remake is at odds with a SF4, unless (tin-hat time) the whole remake thing has been cover to gauge interest and reaction to a new high-res SF and it's all been done with SF4 in mind.

I can agree with that

fyfrdu.jpg

believe

_dementia said:

Definitely.
EA is going to take a break in their bid for world domination and buying everything up to completely stop production on their new Marvel fighting game to hand the rights back over to capcom to produce a new MvC

FUCK YOU EA!!!!!

Top Bottom