• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's hinting at some MEGAton-age next week

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Jirotrom said:
its ok...I'm sure all those Wii only console owners wish they were getting games like devil may cry and NG, but they aren't crying.

cuz DMC and NG not only known great Nintendo games, they were announced for the Wii too...

logic

MisterHero

RyanDG said:
I just got done posting this on my blog, but I think I know the last line...

??? ???? ????????????? ???? ??? ????????? ? ????? ? ??????.

??????? ???????? ??? ? ?????!

The bold part? Prepare Yourself For a Brawl!

:eek:

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Does Capcom even HAVE a decent fighting game team anymore? I highly doubt it'll be a new Street Fighter.

yurinka

I hope multiplatform SF4 (ps3,x360, wii, pc and psp), a SF1 HD remake (changing all the entire game), and a SF 3D action game with the Lost Planet / DMC4 engine.

But I'm very sad with Capcom's recent megatons so I supose is only SFHD footage.

BTW, they have a decent fighting team: ARC who did Basara X for Capcom and Guilty Gear for Sammy. ARC have a lot of members of the original SF2. Since they are a extern team, they can also work for Capcom of America or Capom of Japan.

Also for the character design, they have people like Udon and old SF artists still working in Capcom like Kinu Nishimura. I hope Bengus, Edayan and Akiman.

toneroni

yurinka said:
I hope multiplatform SF4 (ps3,x360, wii, pc and psp), a SF1 HD remake (changing all the entire game), and a SF 3D action game with the Lost Planet / DMC4 engine.

But I'm very sad with Capcom's recent megatons so I supose is only SFHD footage.

BTW, they have a decent fighting team: ARC who did Basara X for Capcom and Guilty Gear for Sammy. ARC have a lot of members of the original SF2. Since they are a extern team, they can also work for Capcom of America or Capom of Japan.

Also for the character design, they have people like Udon and old SF artists still working in Capcom like Kinu Nishimura. I hope Bengus, Edayan and Akiman.

I hope!

camineet

Banned
hey ever think that there could be a kiloton ? not as great as a megaton, but still big.

Street Fighter 4, Strider = Megaton

Street Fighter Alpha 4, Marvel vs Capcom 3, anything Megaman = Kiloton

TreIII

vala said:
Can you give me some names???

Not confirmed, but I believe that a number of those who made up the former "Team Red Beret" (who was in charge of such games like the Darkstalkers and SFA series) eventually went off to Arc Systems back around the turn of the millennium.

Meanwhile, others went off to other pastures. The original creator of SF went on to found Arika (SFEX), while some others went on to found Craft & Meister (Cho DBZ). The last guy that Capcom had was able to some how get out Capcom Fighting Jam, but after that, Capcom, quite literally, has NO fighting game development staff left.

So, if a "Street Fighter 4" was to happen, it probably would mean one of 3 things.

It would...

1) be another out sourced project, and probably would be 3D
2) be a product of Capcom USA; Final Fight Revenge for the Saturn says hello to any and all who want to see an example of how the USA division LAST tried to handle such a thing
3) not even be a fighting game, which may open the door to FF: Streetwise levels of "bastardization of a once proud franchise"

Whichever the case may be, I wouldn't be all that hyped. I'd be happier with a NEW 3D fighting game series (or a revival of Rival Schools, Power Stone, Tech Romancer, Star Gladiator, et al) that ended up being another out-sourced project, rather than try to grasp at straws with a Street Fighter 3D game that would probably end up being terrible.

Besides, to this day, I still don't understand why there's such an out-cry for SF. For pretty much every where else in the world besides the US, SF is of relatively little importance compared to the larger presence of SNK and Arc System-based fighters, as far as 2D fighters are concerned.

If Americans would just open their eyes, they'd see that most everybody else has predominantly moved on...Capcom, too, for that matter.

sprocket

Banned
I would like to see a lot of the cps2 fighters end up on PSN and XBL. hell even VC. The classic controller works great for the SNK games!

BitchTits

I'm expecting nothing, everytime it's the same 'I hope it's SF4', and it turns out to be nothing.

BUT, if there's a new SF movie coming out, there will be a tie-in game - So there's gonna be a new SF game sooner or later - just depends if it's one-on-one or a remake or whatever.

Cardon

Dascu said:
Harvey Birdman PS3.

Or maybe Castlevania...

Konami does Castlevania. Anyway I think the announcement for PS3 owners will probably just be a release date for DMC4 or something along those lines.

Dascu

Cardon said:
Konami does Castlevania. Anyway I think the announcement for PS3 owners will probably just be a release date for DMC4 or something along those lines.

Cardon
(Today, 08:43 PM)

:\

vala

TreIII said:
Not confirmed, but I believe that a number of those who made up the former "Team Red Beret" (who was in charge of such games like the Darkstalkers and SFA series) eventually went off to Arc Systems back around the turn of the millennium.
Just give me ONE name...

Meanwhile, others went off to other pastures. The original creator of SF went on to found Arika (SFEX),
Akira Nishitani (SF2 planner). He left Capcom 12 years ago.

while some others went on to found Craft & Meister (Cho DBZ).
Noritaka Funamizu (game designer, producer)
Kenji Itsuno (producer)
Yoshihiro Sudo ( producer)
Hiroaki Matsumoto (programmer)
Hard. Yas (programmer)

Not a big loss .

The last guy that Capcom had was able to some how get out Capcom Fighting Jam, but after that, Capcom, quite literally, has NO fighting game development staff left.

Hidetoshi "Neo_G" Ishizawa. He still works for Capcom.

You should try Arcade History and Mobygames for some references ...

yurinka

Or maybe Monster Hunter 3 for PS3 footage? Maybe Wii has a time exclusive and the PS3 version is delayed waiting better user base (PS3 price drops, AAA releases, etc).

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Probably a new PSN/XBLA downloadable SF... I doubt they'd attempt to bring it out on disc at this stage in the game.

And I'm going to keep posting about Breath of Fire till it happens. Ya hurr me?!

Dascu

John Harker said:
Probably a new PSN/XBLA downloadable SF... I doubt they'd attempt to bring it out on disc at this stage in the game.

And I'm going to keep posting about Breath of Fire till it happens. Ya hurr me?!
Breath of Fire 6: For Cellphones!

GrayFoxPL

EDIT: Posted in PSN thread!

Let's see how they feel at the end of next week about us.

Posted in MH3 thread?

OMG Monster Hunter 3: THE REAL GAME for PS3 confirmed!

But seriously if Capcom wants to redeem themselves in the eyes of PS3 owners after MH3 penis cutter megaton, then they must offer something BIG. Something like unvieling of DMC1 for PS2 or at least like Dead Rising for 360. Something jaw dropping and cool. A new and exclusive franchise.

Megaman Rocket Surfing for PSN won't cut it!

tehbear

GrayFoxPL said:
EDIT: Posted in PSN thread!

Posted in MH3 thread?

OMG Monster Hunter 3: THE REAL GAME for PS3 confirmed!

But seriously if Capcom wants to redeem themselves in the eyes of PS3 owners after MH3 penis cutter megaton, then they must offer something BIG. Something like unvieling of DMC1 for PS2 or at least like Dead Rising for 360. Something jaw dropping and cool. A new and exclusive franchise.

Megaman Rocket Surfing for PSN won't cut it!

I am used to expecting nothing on this front now. It won't surprise me if it'll be an underwhelmaton or worse.

tetsuoxb

TreIII said:
Meanwhile, others went off to other pastures. The original creator of SF went on to found Arika (SFEX), while some others went on to found Craft & Meister (Cho DBZ). The last guy that Capcom had was able to some how get out Capcom Fighting Jam, but after that, Capcom, quite literally, has NO fighting game development staff left.

This is not true. Hideaki Itsuno was involved with quite a few of the late 90s Capcom fighters and is now directing the DMC series.

GDGF

Soothsayer
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Christian Svensson
Capcom Entertainment Inc. - Sr. Director of Strategic Planning & Research

The guy who used to write for Gameplayers magazine? That's quite the step up. I remember when they wouldn't even let him out of the box.

Since it is a globe image and people are suspect of Lost Planet 2, it could very well be the announcement of Lost Planet Wars. I first saw artwork for the game a few months ago not via an event or something like that press related.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Ryu or Strider in Brawl.

(I'd love Ken to be in, but I guess he's not really as iconic...be a nice clone for Ryu, though)

GDGF

Soothsayer
Jackson said:
capcom isnt going to make a freaking website to announce a character for brawl...

Yeah, you're right. They'd have to devote and entire press conference for that. Carry on.

Top Bottom