• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's hinting at some MEGAton-age next week

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Yea whatever game they're gonna announce, its gonna be for the Wii cuz its cheaper to dev. for...

....yes im still pissed

Atomspike said:
super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-20070607012438919.jpg

see any difference?

Horrible art confirmed.....what's with the HD caracthers? There's something very wrong with them.....

Kintaro said:
Many words come to mind when I think of SF2. Compelling characters, story, and backgrounds are NOT some of those words.

likable characters, distinctive backgrounds, and easily recognizable music describe SFII. SFIII: Third Strike is a million times better, but the characters, backgrounds, and music are all pretty inferior by comparison.

There's not a single theme I can easily get in my head and it's hard to remember who's level is who's.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Yea whatever game they're gonna announce, its gonna be for the Wii cuz its cheaper to dev. for...

....yes im still pissed

Yes because if wii doesnt have games you troll and if it has you cry, well i hope you cry for much much longer then......

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
sprocket said:
Akuma is the best upgraded fighter yet .

Have you seen the one of Vega's Psycho Crusher? I like that one the best so far.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
camineet said:

Street Fighter III (or it's improved iterations) was technically one of the best 2D fighters ever. but it sucked. it didn't capture the imagination of gamers everwhere like SFII did. I'd also say that's NOT because gaming had firmly shifted into 3D by 2007. 2D gaming was still going strong. Capcom didn't deliver compelling characters, story, backgrounds or music as SFII did. just IMO. laugh all you want.

its because of arcade culture going down the shitter, not the actual game itself. What other fighting game has "captured the imagination of gamers everywhere" since SFII anyway? I laugh because if you go to any major or minor tourney, 3s is pretty much the biggest game with the most competitors. It did its job. It provided a solid ass fighting system where people are still playing the shit out of it almost 10 years later.

shoplifter

haunts said:
its because of arcade culture going down the shitter, not the actual game itself. What other fighting game has "captured the imagination of gamers everywhere" since SFII anyway?

I'd completely agree here. In 1992-94, you could find a SF2 machine in any arcade in the US. By the time '97 rolled around, they were beginning to go into their decline, most either closing altogether or being filled with your typical Dave & Buster's crap. By the time 3rd Strike came around, -every- arcade within 45 miles around me had closed or converted to the D&B model.

We had three arcades in Athens my freshman year ('96) at OU. By the time I graduated in 2001, they were all closed. All we were left with was an UMK3 machine and World Cup Soccer pinball at the student union.

Even here in Columbus, the best arcade in town (The Flamingo on High Street, which was -busy as hell- in the mid 90s) had closed by '99.

haunts said:
its because of arcade culture going down the shitter, not the actual game itself. What other fighting game has "captured the imagination of gamers everywhere" since SFII anyway? I laugh because if you go to any major or minor tourney, 3s is pretty much the biggest game with the most competitors. It did its job. It provided a solid ass fighting system where people are still playing the shit out of it almost 10 years later.

WTF dude, you are making sense. Get that shit out of here. Speaking logic and making sense is against the TOS.

Jirotrom

~Devil Trigger~ said:
k

1187165720330.gif

edit: I dont care what game the Wii gets, its the game the other console did'nt get.
its ok...I'm sure all those Wii only console owners wish they were getting games like devil may cry and NG, but they aren't crying.

chun li's thighs said:
Well...there's a clock now on www.capcom-unity.com

What the fuck... youv'e got to be kidding me. This better be Street fighter 4 or at least Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
P90 said:
Not on a SDTV!

Notice how DVDs are low def, yet show a lot more detail than say, a 320x224 image on the same SDTV? Higher resolution source will still improve a downsampled image.

Plus the detail takes away from the charm of 2D sprites.

What crack are you smoking and did you bring enough for the rest of GAF?

Firestorm

Guys guys there's a message in the clouds what can you make out

No I'm kidding but I assure you people are probably looking for something.

JoeFenix

Lost Planet Colonies.

We know it's coming, it's been on retailers listings for early next year for the last six months.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
JoeFenix said:
Lost Planet Colonies.

We know it's coming, it's been on retailers listings for early next year for the last six months.

I think we have a winner.

Although, maybe Zombie Planet, the sequel to Dead Rising? :D

besiktas1

Hmmm my sources
the man in my dream.. I think he was Japanese, I don't know though, he could have been South Korean, but I'm going with Japanese
say these.

Street Fighter 4 - All platforms - (Whored out to everything yes N-gage 2.0 too, Online, HD for next gen consoles. Will be awesome)

Phoenix Wright Trials HD - XBLA & PSN - (hd episodic of trials, all fully animated, fully vocalized, fully making me assplode)

Onimusha 5 (wtf are we up to?) - PS3 - (Mangod will say it is the best thing of the show, that is all my source said)

Dead Rising 2 - Xbox 360 - (Set in an airport, improved save system, no time limit)

Lost Planet 2 - Xbox 360, PS3 - (What you'd expect from a sequel, improved graphics, emphasis on online)

MegaMan New - Wii - (Uses waggle, wiifit board and zapper)

RyanDG

I just got done posting this on my blog, but I think I know the last line...

??? ???? ????????????? ???? ??? ????????? ? ????? ? ??????.

??????? ???????? ??? ? ?????!

The bold part? Prepare Yourself For a Fight!

RyanDG said:

Funny, I see "Foolish tittyjob eat a horse!"

Zeed

Banned
RyanDG said:

MEGAMAN IN BRAWL CONFIRMED

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh? Now they got a countdown?

I never fall into the surprise hype, but this does really look to be something significant...

carlnunz

Does anyone think there will be more wii related announcements?

I doubt it, if you look at Capcom's upcoming release schedule its definitely loaded up on Wii titles:

Wii:
Wii Love Golf
Devil Kings 2
Monster Hunter 3
Zack and Wiki (Buy it)
Umbrella Chronicles
Harvey Birdman: attorney at law

PS3:
Devil May Cry 4
RE:5
SF2:HD

360:
Devil May Cry 4
RE:5
SF2:HD

PS2:
Harvey Birdman
Devil Kings 2
Moto GP 07

DS:
Megaman ZX Advent
Phoenix Wright 3

PSP:
Harvey Birdman

As much as I'd love that Dead Phoenix to Kid Icarus thing, Okami, or the MM legends 3 on Wii, I think Capcom has blown its (admittedly wonderful) load already with Wii announcements. I bet its RE: PSP, and some new stuff for 360/PS3. And probably another dozen DS megaman titles.

Top Bottom