• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom's hinting at some MEGAton-age next week

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Opus Angelorum said:
Would Street Fighter IV really be classed as a megaton?

Depending in how it turned out and what platforms it was on, it would be either the greatest thing in the history of anything or the biggest gaming disappointment ever.

MisterHero

Street Fighter IV a seperate mode in Smash Bros. along with a 2D Nintendo vs. Capcom

Though the price will be $90, it will be the godliest of fighting game releases.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Street Fighter IV: The Next Dimension.

A 3D beat-em-up single-player adventure that truly brings Street Fighter into the Next Generation of Gaming(TM).

*sigh*

CAPCOM WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TGS DISAPPOINTMENT. BLAME THE OBSCURE, SHITTY AUSTRALIAN SITE FOR PULLING THE "THREE HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS" CLAIM OUT OF ITS ASS.

CAPCOM WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TGS DISAPPOINTMENT. BLAME THE OBSCURE, SHITTY AUSTRALIAN SITE FOR PULLING THE "THREE HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS" CLAIM OUT OF ITS ASS.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
The only possible megatons:

1. RE5 exclusivity (either to PS3 or 360)
2. Phoenix Wright for Wii
3. Powerstone Online for PSN/XBLA

There is truly little else that can be perceived as a "megaton" by the gaming community. Capcom, at least in its current state, has nothing to announce that will genuinely shock me. It's not a Square-Enix in that regard -- no matter what they announce, even if it be the possibilities listed above, it still cannot generate the amount of attention everyone is expecting.

CAPCOM has already been exhausted of their "megaton" (aka: DMC4 multiplatform).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Superblatt said:
Little Nemo: Dreamaster, The Adult Years

My favorite NES game.

Bring back Little Nemo or Demon's Crest and I'll let off a megaton in my pants.

dirtmonkey37 said:
The only possible megatons:

1. RE5 exclusivity (either to PS3 or 360)
2. Phoenix Wright for Wii
3. Powerstone Online for PSN/XBLA

There is truly little else that can be perceived as a "megaton" by the gaming community. Capcom, at least in its current state, has nothing to announce that will genuinely shock me. It's not a Square-Enix in that regard -- no matter what they announce, even if it be the possibilities listed above, it still cannot generate the amount of attention everyone is expecting.

CAPCOM has already been exhausted of their "megaton" (aka: DMC4 multiplatform).
Damn it. Why'd you have to say that? Now I'm going to get my hopes up. :(

Crushed

Fry Daddy
nightside said:
eeeeew...X_X
It will have a very deep and emotional story, as provided by cinematic cutscenes, advancing the legendary tale this is the Street Fighter canon.

so chun li gets kidnapped by ninjas and ryu goes to fight the ninjas and a bunch of guys show up and make cameos and bison's involved but it's not really bison he's being controlled by alien demon ghosts or something and you have to fight the super alien demon and he's got lasers and he can transform into a monster and then you and ken shoot him with hadoukens and he explodes while saying "noooooo" and then everyone laughs the end

nightside

It will have a very deep and emotional story, as provided by cinematic cutscenes, advancing the legendary tale this is the Street Fighter canon.

so chun li gets kidnapped by ninjas and ryu goes to fight the ninjas and a bunch of guys show up and make cameos and bison's involved but it's not really bison he's being controlled by alien demon ghosts or something and you have to fight the super alien demon and he's got lasers and he can transform into a monster and then you and ken shoot him with hadoukens and he explodes while saying "noooooo" and then everyone laughs the end

please...stop it:lol

Enk

makes good threads.
Mega Man: You Know, Let's Just Start Over From 2 and Pretend That Other Stuff Didn't Happen

I can only wish (though I really liked 3). Just bring Megaman 2 to Live, PSN, or VC, spruce up the graphics a bit (aiming for the original art style as opposed to Powered Up's), and add a deeper level editing system. If that ever happened I will never buy another game again as that will be the Holy Grail for me
of course that's a big,fat lie

MisterHero

so chun li gets kidnapped by ninjas and ryu goes to fight the ninjas and a bunch of guys show up and make cameos and bison's involved but it's not really bison he's being controlled by alien demon ghosts or something and you have to fight the super alien demon and he's got lasers and he can transform into a monster and then you and ken shoot him with hadoukens and he explodes while saying "noooooo" and then everyone dances with Mikhaill Gorbachev

fixed

Calcaneus

There's no way this is Street Fighter IV, no way in hell.

I'm trying not to show my excitement, Capcom smells this shit and then gives is bullshit like SF2THD.

it's obiously a capcom character in SSBB

I won't say Megaman Legends 3 because I don't want to be disapointed again...

MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3 INAFUNE, PLZ

Calcaneus

Lets consider how awesome it would be for Dhalsim to be in Brawl. He would make a very interesting character for that type of game.

R-User!

ManaByte said:
Street Fighter 4 - Wii exclusive w/ waggle controls.

You're INSANE!...

...but just insane enough that I think that you may just be a genius! 0_o

*imagination meter EXPLODES!*

MisterHero

R-User! said:
You're INSANE!...

...but just insane enough that I think that you may just be a genius! 0_o

*imagination meter EXPLODES!*
Lol... I bet the first thing that everyone thinks of is waggling hadouken. :D

Not that I would mind. :D

luffeN

next gen power stone with online battles, OH MY GOD ! that would be cool
oh, and i thought the street fighter IV 3d cel shading comment was nice :D

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Resident Evil 2 on Wii with RE4 gameplay" wish in this thread yet.

I'd love to see a major announcement centered around the 20th Anniversary of Rockman though.

Mindlog

Looking forward to it and I'm hoping all the announcements are as multiplatform as possible so we can avoid the inevitable "It's not on my platform so I'll nitpick stupid crap" critics and stick to talking about the game :D

Top Bottom