• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

Raist

Banned
Photo Icon

85udcgx.png

Added the same transparency to all other ones.

Here's a rough preview of how it should look like.

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Hope you're patient enough, because this is definitely going to take a while xD

Firewire

Banned
Raist said:
Added the same transparency to all other ones.

Here's a rough preview of how it should look like.

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Hope you're patient enough, because this is definitely going to take a while xD

Dude that awesome!

Duo014

Don't mind what the other say speevy,
You're not the only fan of little Nemo the dream master :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Was one of the first games in my life :)

kensama

Between [modus][rager] and [raist] we have truely artist realise piece of art for our PS3.
Great job and continue on this way.

Speevy

Banned
Duo014 said:
Don't mind what the other say speevy,
You're not the only fan of little Nemo the dream master :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Was one of the first games in my life :)

Well I'm trying to use Paint.net because I don't have Adobe Photoshop. I have virtually zero talent in it, but I'm trying to make something cool, anyway.

snap0001.gif

snap0000.gif

nmking.gif

snap0060.gif

See, stuff like this deserves a theme. It's not a theme more than a few people would want or use, but I think it's worthwhile.

Raist

Banned
kensama said:
Between [modus][rager] and [raist] we have truely artist realise piece of art for our PS3.
Great job and continue on this way.

Well that's very kind but I'm far, far, far from being able to produce what those guys can :p

Anyway, here's the last main XMB icon - System Settings

6omgu12.png

And how they look like with the background (still a temp one, I'm thinking about modifying it a bit, dunno)

Time for sub-folders icons. I'm thinking of using much simpler stuff, the problem will be to make it match LBP's style, so I'm still not sure what to do exactly.

edit : MEH. Forgot the Users icon. :/

rager

Banned
Here is a killzone theme I am working on, it is only a test and I am not sure if it will work well but here is a taste.

kz2test.jpg

OkamiWallpaperLarge.jpg

I love your Okami theme, but I am using the above image with your Icons, IMO it looks more striking than your original background.

methane47

rager said:
Here is a killzone theme I am working on, it is only a test and I am not sure if it will work well but here is a taste.

http://mysite.verizon.net/jaigo/kz2test.jpg

Some constructive criticism: The Icons are too clean, they are too strong of a red.
Killzone's palette is largely muted colors.. darks, greys... While your red matches the flag I'm guessing.. The red and white mixture could use alittle dirtying or rust or something on it.. to get if the more rustic, delapidated look that Killzone strives for.

Just my humble opinion though... I can't wait to see what you come up with

Insane Metal

Gold Member
rager said:

kz2test.jpg

Dude, that loos AWESOME! Nice work! It´s one of the best themes I´ve seen :D

Hope it comes out together :D

Raist

Banned
Okay... halp D:

Wanted to make a preview of my theme on my PS3, and for some reason the wallpaper won't show up. I've just taken the .xml file from the sample theme, replaced the icons names by mine, same for the wallpaper (deleted two lines since I only have one wallpaper, but even with all three lines it didn't work)

What am I doing wrong ? :/

Speevy

Banned
m0dus said:
I'm creating a series of 'general' icons in prep for the next theme. I was curious which ideas have been gaining steam at this point?

Well so far we have a lot of PS3 games. How about Wii or Xbox 360 games?

I think probably everyone wants you to make a Mass Effect theme.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
If someone makes a kickass DMC4 theme with icons like the Ebony And Ivory etc i would be FOREVER GRATEFULL.

YYZ

Raist said:
Okay, here are the icons I've made so far for my LBP theme (yes, I'm super slow :p)

Videos - Music - Friends - Games - Network

86fhzed.png
72zvxb9.png
730fnv4.png
7xazf6a.png
87bafdi.png

Should be faster for sub folder icons... provided I find some ideas :lol
Hey, good stuff so far. Have you tried the theme without the boxes around the icons and without the XMB transparent outline thingy?

Raist

Banned
YYZ said:
Hey, good stuff so far. Have you tried the theme without the boxes around the icons and without the XMB transparent outline thingy?

Here's the latest version

I haven't changed the wallpaper yet, but it's a temp one. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the wallpaper appear on the PS3. It won't work <_<
And I just noticde that the Icon names are overlaying the icons images. Blah.

Still a long way to go xD

I think I'll make several wallpapers anyway.

Raist said:
I'm still trying to figure out how to make the wallpaper appear on the PS3. It won't work <_<

Not sure if it's releated, but originaly, mObus' MGS theme wallpaper wouldn't show up on my SD TV untill he added SD versions to the pack.

The best so far is the Okami one, it's just so awesome looking!

Other pics of my MGS4 theme, I'm thinking of changing the Otacon picture that appears on the settings by something more related to MGS4 but I have no idea what. I'd also appreciate any advice on how to make the theme better.

preview2.jpg

preview3.jpg

h3ro

m0dus, LOVE the Okami theme... quick question though, is there anyway you could upload the WP without the parchment scroll going down the right side?

Cool MGS4 theme GoncaloCCastro.

Here's the 1920x1080 version of the Mass Effect bg. Looks great with the light green Sample icons and font text set to "Pop". The currently selected vertical icons line up pefectly with the planet flare for a nice highlight effect and text falls within the dark field next to the characters.

Nif said:
Image size go:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/niflheim15/masseffect1920x1080.jpg

The space backdrop and renders I was using weren't that big, so I'll just upload the PSD in case anyone wants to change it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fdabdsjjggg

It sucks getting permission to distribute each one I find. :p You can get some good ones on Deviantart in the Wallpaper > Science Fiction section. I like the ones hameed has made.

masseffect-1.gif

7xdiyky.jpg

Raist said:
Very nice. This might look good with a simpler bg like the original 1920x1080 color versions of the red and purple icons. A bit redundant, but it would still work well.

On a related note, this thread is starting to become too good. You guys have me changing my themes every five seconds.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
I'm working on a theme and decided to test out compiling it. So far I just replaced a handfull of icons and everything works great there. I replaced the three sample HD backgrounds with three new ones and my theme just displays the wave default background.

Any special formatting for the jpgs? Mine are 1920x1080 - 72dpi, 24bit, I tried saving them as Bassline, Progressive etc...any ideas?

EDIT - Seems I needed to "Save For Web" in PS to get it to work (not sure if there's a difference in file structure/type there vs. saving it as a JPG) - or reducing the size to under 1MB did it.

Raist said:
Here's the latest version

I haven't changed the wallpaper yet, but it's a temp one. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the wallpaper appear on the PS3. It won't work <_<
And I just noticde that the Icon names are overlaying the icons images. Blah.

Still a long way to go xD

I think I'll make several wallpapers anyway.

Looks great. Screen's a little busy, though. There's that one background with just two sackpeople holding hands that has a cleaner look. Can't find it for you online unfortunately. Clearly, I'm useless. Keep up the good work!

methane47

shagg_187 said:
Done :)

Don't know how to capture preview screen so i made a mockup (which doesn't do justice to the actual theme though). Includes 3 different wallpapers.

preview-1.png

http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~jab4qd

Check it out and let me know what you guys think, like and dislike about it :)

wow.. thats pretty awesome... Did you use a pic of BM's utility belt for anything? I think that would be a cool "settings" icon.. although the one you have right now is pretty awesome

Top Bottom