• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Pre-Season |OT| Nobody won more with less than Lebron. Maybe Phil Jackson

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
college basketball is for white people or states with better college teams than pro teams

Oregon, North Carolina, etc.

What? Nobody gives a fuck about Oregon college basketball. You couldn't be further away from the truth if you tried.

J. Bravo

Well I like college basketball because I'm 40 minutes from one of the best programs in the nation, and going to games is super fun. The environment is absolutely amazing, topped maybe only by the Chiefs' recent success at Arrowhead. That place was bumpin' against the Raiders.

I still love the NBA, but I don't really have a team I love to watch or root for, simply because there isn't one. I watch pro ball because the players are (obviously) way more talented and the level of the game is much higher, but I'm more emotionally invested in KU doing well, which means I'll watch college ball before watching an NBA game.

Is college ball actually going to be watchable this year?

They're going to call less charges this year so there might be less paint congestion and flopping so the super teams like Kentucky won't be that bad to watch (after a few months of Calipari teaching them how to play like an actual team).

thekad

Banned
Oh wow ESPN ranked Melo only #15 in their ranking. It's slightly up from last year, but I thought they would do something dumb like ranking him in the top 5.

Real talk though, Lebron is right about Pierce and KG being hypocrites.

Glad to see Kidd got his jersey retired.

Will James Jones ever play 30 min in a regular season game? Please let it be so.

hypocrites? the celtics were trying for a championship the year allen left. the celtics right now are rebuilding, that much is very clear. the organization have exhausted all their options and even let the coach go. allen left despite getting offered more than twice what the heat was offering him, and despite the fact that it was the heat who beat the celts for 2 years straight.

and now james, who has nothing to do with it, wants to say something? where was he when he left the cavs? oh right, he was busy saying, "i mind my own business." now who's the hypocrite?

The point is, he could have stayed in Boston and he didn't. He decided to go chase rings instead after criticizing Ray for doing the same thing. So much for loyalty.

Fuck Garnett.

he wanted to stay in boston, and it took a 90-minute phone call from pierce to convincel him otherwise.

since the celts were trying to rebuild, they would have traded kg but kg has a no-trade clause. what can the organization do? nothing. kg leaving was what the celts organization hoped for.

next time, do some research.

hypocrites? the celtics were trying for a championship the year allen left. the celtics right now are rebuilding, that much is very clear. the organization have exhausted all their options and even let the coach go. allen left despite getting offered more than twice what the heat was offering him, and despite the fact that it was the heat who beat the celts for 2 years straight.

and now james, who has nothing to do with it, wants to say something? where was he when he left the cavs? oh right, he was busy saying, "i mind my own business." now who's the hypocrite?

The only way that the Celtics would have had a chance to compete if is KG had the greatest season ever for a guy in his 18th NBA year. There was almost no chance of that so I don't know if you really call the Celtics' offseason push last year to be "trying for a championship" since it seems more like "wild delusion."

If KG found a genie in the summer that gave him his 2004 ability back and healed Rondo's ACL, the Celtics would have been competing this year as well and the odds of that happening probably weren't much worse than the odds of the Celtics competing last year.

The Celtics didn't want KG or Pierce anymore. They'd have kept them if they wanted to take a massive paycut and then retire after they were truly done, and they might've stayed if Doc Rivers stayed too.

I'm not going to hold that against them.

The only way that the Celtics would have had a chance to compete if is KG had the greatest season ever for a guy in his 18th NBA year. There was almost no chance of that so I don't know if you really call the Celtics' offseason push last year to be "trying for a championship" since it seems more like "wild delusion."

If KG found a genie in the summer that gave him his 2004 ability back and healed Rondo's ACL, the Celtics would have been competing this year as well and the odds of that happening probably weren't much worse than the odds of the Celtics competing last year.

the celts had barbosa, rondo, courtney lee, sullinger (who was great), bass, etc. they had a very good bench.

also, allen was the celts' first choice. they guaranteed him a big sum of money, which meant they wanted him. so obviously the celts can only do so much with a plan b at hand. at that time, rondo wasn't injured. no one was. by the end of the season, rondo, sullinger, and barbosa were all injured. kg was playing through pain, but he still played and he was leading the nba in rebounds before the celts got kicked off.

obviously they were going for a ring. only ignorant people would call it otherwise.

the celts had barbosa, rondo, courtney lee, sullinger (who was great), bass, etc. they had a very good bench.

also, allen was the celts' first choice. they guaranteed him a big sum of money, which meant they wanted him. so obviously the celts can only do so much with a plan b at hand. at that time, rondo wasn't injured. no one was. by the end of the season, rondo, sullinger, and barbosa were all injured. kg was playing through pain, but he still played and he was leading the nba in rebounds before the celts got kicked off.

obviously they were going for a ring. only ignorant people would call it otherwise.

The Celtics were only good in 2012 because KG had a legendary year that was going to be impossible to replicate. Their only moves were adding bench guards, bringing back a disappointing tweener coming off heart surgery, and drafting a fat big man with major back issues. They were considered good by many, but I think it's completely fair for Ray Allen to think that they weren't going to be good or that the Heat would be much better.

all of those guys except rondo suck. maybe courtney lee is okay when he isn't whining about how otis smith traded him 5 fucking years ago.

and ray leaving was good for boston in the long run since he was trash in the 2011-2012 season and paying him would've likely resulted in an albatross deal.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Oh wow ESPN ranked Melo only #15 in their ranking. It's slightly up from last year, but I thought they would do something dumb like ranking him in the top 5.

They're still on that bullshit where they think Griffin is better than Aldridge smh.

I'm guessing just by skimming the last few pages of the thread that there aren't many (or any) Cavs fans around here. Would I indeed be the only one? I mean, we have Jesus Bynum now! Whenever he's ready to play, that is.

dalVlatko

I'm guessing just by skimming the last few pages of the thread that there aren't many (or any) Cavs fans around here. Would I indeed be the only one? I mean, we have Jesus Bynum now! Whenever he's ready to play, that is.

I'm here!

* First an opinion: No one has definitively said this, but I’m getting the sense Andrew Bynum could return to the court for the season opener Oct. 30 against the Brooklyn Nets in a limited role. If not in time for the opener, soon after.

* Of course, that’s assuming Bynum doesn’t suffer any setbacks. He hasn’t yet. The Cavs keep giving Bynum guideposts in his recovery and he keeps hitting them. Team personnel seemed pleased to sort of show him off to the media Wednesday by allowing him to play in a 3 on 3, half-court scrimmage in front of reporters. I wasn’t there (smashed up the car driving home from Tuesday’s game in Canton, took the day to talk to 147 people from the insurance company) but from all accounts, Bynum looked great. He's down to his playing weight, as I wrote during the game, so the last step seems to be a return to practice.
Believe.

The way I Isee all the boston big 3 drama is taht it seems like boston management wanted to blow up the big 3 from the time it was apparent they are too old/beat up to win it all. Rayray was just the 1st one to notice it, and bolted once the chance to leave was there or he will be at the mercy of a shitty team is willing to trade for him. Go end your hof career with a legit contender or to the highest bidder. Can't blame ray for doing that. Cannot argue the fact ray was right. Kg pierce probably now understand as to why ray did that. And I kinda disagree that kg and pierce are hypocrites, when they said what they saud to ray, all they think about was ray left us for the team that was beating us. If Kg and pp knew beforehand that they are about to get traded a season after I doubt they will say those things they said.

I'm here!

Believe.

Nice. I'm hoping with Mike Brown being back this team will actually play some defense. Who knows, maybe we'll be lucky and they'll improve enough to possibly grab an 8th seed.

I live in DC now and will be seeing them play both times they come to town, but still hoping to make it out to the Q at some point. If I've got the money I might try to swing the Bulls game after Thanksgiving.

Who better to appreciate knock-off Jordans?
tumblr_mub3aupk5q1svyq1ho2_250.gif

benjipwns

Banned
The ESPN Insider projections for the playoff teams:
1. Heat: 54-28
2. Bulls: 50-32
3. Nets: 50-32
4. Pacers: 49-33
5. Pistons: 49-33
6. Hawks: 45-37
7. Knicks: 37-45
8. Raptors: 37-45