• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York Knicks fire Derek Fisher after 1½ seasons, Kurt Rambis to be interim coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppleBlade

Knicks fan here. His hiring made no sense to me in the first place. I'm so sick with the obsession for known names and the aversion to rebuilding. If the Knicks would've rebuilt when it was clear that they should have (i.e. after the Ewing era) they wouldn't be stuck in this perpetual cycle of being barely a playoff team (if they have a good year) with boring rosters (the one or two stars and then a bunch average guys and unimpressive youth).

The biggest issue in New York are the people running the show. They need to forget about the big names and bring in some geeky hoop heads who know basketball. They need to stop trying to swim against the current and realize when it's time to rebuild.

Bubba T

Man, Carmelo really doesn't make his team better. I mean you can't even win games in the Eastern Conference??? What a fraud.

Scott's just there to fill the position until the Lakers make their roster move or win big in the lottery.

Players are not coming here, and those that are forced to , leave at the end of 1 season here. Lakers have tarnished and damaged their legacy so bad in the last 5 years, that I can not subscribe to what you wrote anymore. There are no roster moves:

No one wants to come here.

Ovid

It's hard to judge how good of a coach Luke Walton could be considering how crazy good the Warriors are. I have a feeling they made him look better than he actually could be.

It was a joke lol.

Fisher (instead of Kerr) could have guided the Warriors to a championship last year.

What I'm trying to say is that I agree with you.

Players are not coming here, and those that are forced to , leave at the end of 1 season here. Lakers have tarnished and damaged their legacy so bad in the last 5 years, that I can not subscribe to what you wrote anymore. There are no roster moves:

No one wants to come here.

As much as I hate it there will be some gigantic star that goes to LA at some point in the next 2 or 3 years.

watershed

Banned
Stephen A Smith says Jeanie Buss is cleaning house(Jim Buss gone along with Mitch) and Phil is going to LA.

Stephen A Smith lives in his own fantasy world. And Phil would do no better in LA than he has in NY. And I don't even think his tenure in NY has been terrible. He's taken a terrible team (their brief flirtation with making the playoffs the year he was hired was an illusion that hid how fundamentally broken the team was) and made them a bad team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Stephen A Smith says Jeanie Buss is cleaning house(Jim Buss gone along with Mitch) and Phil is going to LA.

6N3MDkn.png

Into

Trade Melo.

Just for once, NY Knicks, do the sensible and long term thing, trade this guy and get whatever haul you still can. Picks+young players. Build around the Zinger.

If they could get a top pick, they could land in a similar situation as the Wolves are in right now. KP+???

I am pretty sure no Wolves fans are missing those "golden days" of Kevin Love putting 20/10 each night and usually losing all the time.

Smart franchises in the NBA know when the gig is up. See Celtics fleecing Nets. There is no Knicks+Melo success story left to be told. They are not getting to second round ever again, let alone ECF. Thats not even a possibility.

watershed

Banned
Phil should have traded Melo when he first arrived in NY but he wasn't committed to the rebuild yet and was still seeking a fast track. Even now, Phil is trying to rebuild and win at the same time and it clearly isn't working. Trading Melo could have brought in some key assets. But now..I don't know about that.

Bubba T

Trade Melo.

Just for once, NY Knicks, do the sensible and long term thing, trade this guy and get whatever haul you still can. Picks+young players. Build around the Zinger.

If they could get a top pick, they could land in a similar situation as the Wolves are in right now. KP+???

I am pretty sure no Wolves fans are missing those "golden days" of Kevin Love putting 20/10 each night and usually losing all the time.

Smart franchises in the NBA know when the gig is up. See Celtics fleecing Nets. There is no Knicks+Melo success story left to be told. They are not getting to second round ever again, let alone ECF. Thats not even a possibility.

The Knicks haven't done sensible things since 1999.

Just pathetic. Lebron took a bunch of scrubs to the Finals (twice!) Dwade (back when he was truly Flash) carried the Heat to the playoffs with scrubs, and Bosh put in work to get the Raptors a playoff berth. This dude Melo can't even win games in the Eastern Conference.

He has a no-trade clause. They shouldn't have resigned him for the max and they certainly shouldn't have included a no-trade clause, but they did, and now they're stuck with him.

I'm sure there are some situations that Melo would trade his NTC for (Clippers, Bulls, Heat) but the trick is getting anything of value back from those teams for him. Clippers don't have shit to trade and I don't see the Bulls or Heat giving up good pieces.

Gigglepoo

I'm sure there are some situations that Melo would trade his NTC for (Clippers, Bulls, Heat) but the trick is getting anything of value back from those teams for him. Clippers don't have shit to trade and I don't see the Bulls or Heat giving up good pieces.

Melo for Blake!

Melo needs to go to a dumb team that thinks they can win right now. Like Houston.

Melo for Capela, Beverly, and a few picks, who says no?

Knicks fan here. His hiring made no sense to me in the first place. I'm so sick with the obsession for known names and the aversion to rebuilding. If the Knicks would've rebuilt when it was clear that they should have (i.e. after the Ewing era) they wouldn't be stuck in this perpetual cycle of being barely a playoff team (if they have a good year) with boring rosters (the one or two stars and then a bunch average guys and unimpressive youth).

The biggest issue in New York are the people running the show. They need to forget about the big names and bring in some geeky hoop heads who know basketball. They need to stop trying to swim against the current and realize when it's time to rebuild.

They did........then Melo happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom