• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

Eusis

The Bill Clinton jokes were just too out there, though.
Funny how in hindsight a current joke that played with the angle that it was the far, far flung future actually could've worked out with the 4th wall left intact. Mostly intact at least.

Nice to see the songs were sorted out though, even if ultimately I never did go for the UMD.

vireland

Funny how in hindsight a current joke that played with the angle that it was the far, far flung future actually could've worked out with the 4th wall left intact. Mostly intact at least.

I asked Shigema about the timeline for LUNAR relative to our Earth over dinner in Japan sometime around the SEGA CD LUNAR 2 (Kubooka was there, too). It's future or future alternate timeline, because some of our history is in LUNAR's history as well, including the first Dragonmaster.

There was some indirect suggestion of that timeline in the English version at a few points, but the Clinton joke was just bad, bad, bad. I clearly remember putting it in. I was very tired at that point near the end of the project and it was a cheap joke to liven up the dialogue in that area that was a little boring. Little did I know how much it would liven the area...perpetually.

vireland

Pre-shipment final confirmation emails went out today to everyone who bought a copy, and the physical shipments start fulfillment late tomorrow or early Friday, so we're almost there!

Wereroku

Pre-shipment final confirmation emails went out today to everyone who bought a copy, and the physical shipments start fulfillment late tomorrow or early Friday, so we're almost there!

I got mine thanks for keeping at this Vic I will make a place for it next to my other Working Designs games. I really wish you could use that Saturn emulator that the Princess crown game has to get some of the saturn games out. I bought all of them at launch except Dragonforce and sadly that one is the hardest to get at a decent price. Anyway time for some more Class of Heroes.

vireland

If you ordered the CoH2 presale, these games should be showing up in your mailbox, if not already, then in the coming week. Some have already reported getting theirs. We will be done with all the domestic orders Monday or Tuesday, then we'll ship out the international orders!

If you ordered the CoH2 presale, these games should be showing up in your mailbox, if not already, then in the coming week. Some have already reported getting theirs. We will be done with all the domestic orders Monday or Tuesday, then we'll ship out the international orders!

what is the carrier? i assume it's not UPS as i didn't get an alert.

cyborg009

Banned
Hope I get mines soon. Also funny that were getting this now in middle of October when you compare it to the date the thread was made.

(02-04-2013, 08:24 AM)

On the other hand, bugs present in the initial psn release are fixed on the umd thanks to the delay, so on the whole I'm happier getting it now as opposed to then

Once it turns up I won't play it for a while anyway, since I'm all rogue'd out after Etrian4 - haven't even touched elminage yet

vireland

On the other hand, bugs present in the initial psn release are fixed on the umd thanks to the delay, so on the whole I'm happier getting it now as opposed to then

Once it turns up I won't play it for a while anyway, since I'm all rogue'd out after Etrian4 - haven't even touched elminage yet

Not just the bugfixes, but the English opening with song, which was the reason for the long delay in the first place - clearing the rights we thought we had already.

Oh, and the original Japanese opening song/animation is on there now, too. Hold triangle when the screen goes to black to load it to access it instead. Release triangle when the animation starts.

Also, the PSN Class of Heroes 2.0 that was put on the store 10/15 is identical to the UMD release, so download it if you have the earlier download with the Alchemy Recipe bug and missing opening animation.

Voliko

I am eagerly awaiting my copy! I love everything that this release stands for, and I can't wait to see what Gaijinworks does in the future.

NeededSleep

Just received my KS physical edition and certificate! <3 thanks Vic and team!

This is one is going in the display next to Arc The Lad the collection!

Can't wait to see what you have going on next!

I'm looking forward to getting my copy soon...

So uh, you all will be playing the game too, right?

When I first ordered it I wasn't sure if I'd actually play it much or not... but then I got the first CoH on sale a few months ago, and 30-something hours later I'm far into the game and quite like it now (once you make the right party and get past the unacceptably broken early hours, it gets better...), so yeah, I definitely will... though I might wait until I finish the first one first? That depends on how long the first game is, though.

Alexlf

Have international people received an email confirmation yet? Up here in Canada with nothing yet. Looking forward to digging out my PSP! (Not that I haven't already played over 100 hours on my vita)

vireland

Have international people received an email confirmation yet? Up here in Canada with nothing yet. Looking forward to digging out my PSP! (Not that I haven't already played over 100 hours on my vita)

International shipping doesn't start until Tuesday. We had to divide the orders up by type domestic (reg/ks/multi), canada (reg/ks/multi), and international (reg/ks/multi) to keep any kind of sanity and reduce the possibility for errors. Domestic was about 2/3rds of the orders and will be done Monday or early Tues, then international will begin.

Nekobo

Got mine last week! Thanks! The certificate and hologram stickers are a nice touch. Extra props for having both the English and Japanese OP, too. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store next.

Got my copy on Saturday.
Awesome package and certificate.
Since I'm already playing it digitally, this bad boy will stay nice and sealed.

Vic, you are a man after mine own heart <3

vireland

Got mine last week! Thanks! The certificate and hologram stickers are a nice touch. Extra props for having both the English and Japanese OP, too. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store next.

I decided that offering both openings was the least we could do after the ridiculously long time it took to straighten out the rights. In the end, it more than doubled the cost of the license and limited us to 3 years instead of a buyout, but after all the nonsense and fan's patience, I think it was money well spent.

Had a great deal of fun working on the certificate, too. There's lots of little details in the art to tie to the game, and some humor in there, as well.

Thank Christ I got mine. I had a feeling after all the delays and not getting it over the weekend mine would get lost in the mail or something. Ok, I'll officially stop bitching now.

I got my copy.

I did not support the kickstarter because I don't like the business model, but I did pre-order as soon as it was up. I appreciate the delay to get the "feature complete" version on the disc.

Really glad this was possible, and I look forward to any additional efforts from you folks Vic. I'm really enjoying the localization so far.

Double post but whatever.

Vic: Is it feasible to have the psn version of the game updated with a digital manual? It's super handy to be able to reference the character creation specifics when the physical manual is not immediately accessible. Especially for a game like this.

vireland

Double post but whatever.

Vic: Is it feasible to have the psn version of the game updated with a digital manual? It's super handy to be able to reference the character creation specifics when the physical manual is not immediately accessible. Especially for a game like this.

Probably not because the specs for the PSN PSP manual are *completely* different than the layout of a regular PSP manual and we'd have to re-do the whole thing. We didn't find that out until late in the process. We're trying to figure out some way to offer *something* manual-like for reference in the game for CoH3.

Probably not because the specs for the PSN PSP manual are *completely* different than the layout of a regular PSP manual and we'd have to re-do the whole thing. We didn't find that out until late in the process. We're trying to figure out some way to offer *something* manual-like for reference in the game for CoH3.

Is that so? There's a few games out there that literally have a scan of the physical psp manual dumped onto whatever format they use. Tactics Ogre is like that I believe. I'll check what else I can later.

Oh well. It's not like this is the only game that doesn't have one. There's also a large number of psp digital games that lack a manual completely due to being digital only. I'm satisfied with what we've got, but it's certainly a nice to have for future releases. Thanks for the response.

vireland

Is that so? There's a few games out there that literally have a scan of the physical psp manual dumped onto whatever format they use. Tactics Ogre is like that I believe. I'll check what else I can later.

Oh well. It's not like this is the only game that doesn't have one. There's also a large number of psp digital games that lack a manual completely due to being digital only. I'm satisfied with what we've got, but it's certainly a nice to have for future releases. Thanks for the response.

If you can give me some examples of other PSP games that did this, I can see what I can do, although the print in the CoH2 manual is very small to fit all the information in. I'm not sure if it would even be legible at PSP size.

Esura

Banned
Holy crap I forgot I even signed up for this and I just got the game in the mail. Was scared to open cause I didn't remember ordering anything that comes out any time soon until I saw "Gaijinworks" on it lol.

vireland

Holy crap I forgot I even signed up for this and I just got the game in the mail. Was scared to open cause I didn't remember ordering anything that comes out any time soon until I saw "Gaijinworks" on it lol.

Happens to me sometimes as well. The best kind of order. Like finding money in your winter coat pocket from last season when you pull it out for the current one.

I decided that offering both openings was the least we could do after the ridiculously long time it took to straighten out the rights. In the end, it more than doubled the cost of the license and limited us to 3 years instead of a buyout, but after all the nonsense and fan's patience, I think it was money well spent.

Does this mean that after 3 years, the game will get pulled from the PSN?

Top Bottom