• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

Looks like presales start Monday and go to the 8th of May. Regular Amazon for ordering but you have to order one at a time. They were NOT able to split the vouchers and physical product. Emails will go out soon too!

Since nobody seemed to oppose, I will email OR sometime today or tomorrow (I also want to get some thoughts together for Worlds of Magic) and go from there!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Looks like presales start Monday and go to the 8th of May. Regular Amazon for ordering but you have to order one at a time. They were NOT able to split the vouchers and physical product. Emails will go out soon too!

Since nobody seemed to oppose, I will email OR sometime today or tomorrow (I also want to get some thoughts together for Worlds of Magic) and go from there!

Awesome, so pumped for today now. Thanks for the info.

androvsky

So, uh... what was the ultimate solution to the intro problem? Is the intro still there, with just the Japanese song, or is there no intro at all?

MetalManTN

Neo Member
So, uh... what was the ultimate solution to the intro problem? Is the intro still there, with just the Japanese song, or is there no intro at all?

The forums over at gaijinworks have better info, but I believe the UMD is being shipped without the opening animation and the digital version will initially be without it, but people with the digital version will be able to redownload it for free after they add the animation back to the intro of the game. Apparently they are planning to add it back at some point for the digital version.

Hobbun

The forums over at gaijinworks have better info, but I believe the UMD is being shipped without the opening animation and the digital version will initially be without it, but people with the digital version will be able to redownload it for free after they add the animation back to the intro of the game. Apparently they are planning to add it back at some point for the digital version.

This is correct.

Gouf

Banned
I'm really confused by this kickstarter because from what I can tell, this is a game almost no one asked for. I'm a huge fan of Wizardry clones, I play just about everyone that comes out in english but the first Class of Heroes games is among one of the worst. Is the sequel so much better than its basically a new game?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm really confused by this kickstarter because from what I can tell, this is a game almost no one asked for. I'm a huge fan of Wizardry clones, I play just about everyone that comes out in english but the first Class of Heroes games is among one of the worst. Is the sequel so much better than its basically a new game?

Vic would tell you that it's quite better, and that each one is better than the last; it's mentioned a LOT in this thread, and he even goes into details, so look back in this thread itself to see a full answer to your question.

He's pretty hard on the first one himself, too.

androvsky

Okay, I'm confused. I thought he was having rights problems with the English version of the intro, but apparently it was with the Japanese version too? Is that why he didn't just put the original intro with the original song on there?

Speaking of being confused... first off, this isn't a kickstarter any more. Another, the reason it was originally a kickstarter and now part of this pre-order thing is that it's probably the best game he could get to do a kickstarter with. Japanese publishers aren't too hot on the whole idea, and the first one didn't do too well anyway.

That, and this is supposed to be a better game than the first, by general consensus even before the whole kickstarter thing. Not sure it's whole new game better, it's still a Wizardry clone, but now it's apparently a good Wizardry clone.

is this a pay now or when game ship?

This is from the Gaijinworks preorder page:

Vic said:
We expect complete fufillment of these vouchers with both physical and digital product in 4-8 weeks, although international and long-range shipping may delay delivery for buyers outside of the Continental USA. Your credit card will be charged for this digital voucher purchase in 1-3 days.

So the people who participated in the Kickstarter will get a special UMD cover right? How do they know who was apart of it? Cross referencing e-mail addresses?

Vaco6121

So the people who participated in the Kickstarter will get a special UMD cover right? How do they know who was apart of it? Cross referencing e-mail addresses?

Yeah, you have forward the email you get from kickstarter about the update to gajinworks, otherwise you will get the regular edition, even if you order from the kickstarter supporter preorder link.

They sent out a KS backer update email a minute ago that you have to forward to a certain address. So yeah, cross referencing.

Well, I'd forward the email now and try to get in touch with them to say you ordered the wrong one. If Vireland pops up in here he might be able to give you a hand.

Peagles

Wait, so I can only do one copy each time I check out, but I'm international. Does that I mean I have to pay $12 each copy to ship them separately? I was planning to buy at least 3 but sending 3 items separately via international post just seems... silly, not to mention expensive :(

Wait, so I can only do one copy each time I check out, but I'm international. Does that I mean I have to pay $12 each copy to ship them separately? I was planning to buy at least 3 but sending 3 items separately via international post just seems... silly.

It's a gift to customs. So they can charge you three times. :)

Peagles

It's a gift to customs. So they can charge you three times. :)

We only get customs charges if the value is over $400, so luckily I won't have to deal with that!

I also have a US address, but again, if they are going to all ship separately, it's going to cost me a lot to get them over here.

We only get customs charges if the value is over $400, so luckily I won't have to deal with that!

I also have a US address, but again, if they are going to all ship separately, it's going to cost me a lot to get them over here.

Oh wow... over here we get charged starting from US$29. I once had to pay like $29 in taxes for a $31 package.

(so Vic better marks this one down...)

This cross checking emails thing has me confused. My kickstarter and amazon accounts are linked to seperate emails, so cross checking that wouldn't work for me, is that going to screw me over?

Vaco6121

This cross checking emails thing has me confused. My kickstarter and amazon accounts are linked to seperate emails, so cross checking that wouldn't work for me, is that going to screw me over?

I would think that will screw over you over; I would PM Vic and see if he can get it sorted out for you.

boingball

Ordered the Kickstarter edition. Hopefully their verification process works.

I am not totally satisfied since
* The UMD version is incomplete (and more expensive than initially indicated)
* The digital voucher is for the US PSN Store and my Vita is running on my main (EU) account (I do have a PSP linked to my american account though)

I wonder how many of the ppl who claimed interest will now actually fork over money.

Nice to see the preorders are live.

If anybody who pledged to the Kickstarter can help me in purchasing a KS edition, I'll be grateful. PM me if you could.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Yeah, I'm in this boat. I just changed my Amazon e-mail to match my KS e-mail and...now I'm getting an error and can't place the order. Oy.

Quixzlizx

But the order page says that the codes will e-mail out separately.

The game will be shipped to your address on file with Amazon. The digital download code for the game will be emailed to you at the email address on file with Amazon.

But the order page says that the codes will e-mail out separately.

That's my fault because I was trying to cliff note what was on the forum, and it ended up coming out quite wrong.

He was not able to split the physical copy and digital voucher to get the UMD to contain the opening once the issue(s) was sorted out - Sony wasn't having much of that. We will still get an email separate from the UMD though.

KiTA

Ordered the Kickstarter edition. Hopefully their verification process works.

I am not totally satisfied since
* The UMD version is incomplete (and more expensive than initially indicated)
* The digital voucher is for the US PSN Store and my Vita is running on my main (EU) account (I do have a PSP linked to my american account though)

I wonder how many of the ppl who claimed interest will now actually fork over money.

The game is absolutely complete and people saying otherwise are being the SILLIEST of geese.

The video is a 90 second long reprint of the Japanese advertisement. You are missing NOTHING.

Again, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IZTaF84LQ

Doesn't CoH2 support Data Install, anyway? If so, a patch can add the intro in later on. And if not? Nothing of value is lost.

Besides, if you're a real collector, aren't you just going to use the digital code and keep the physical someplace safe?

I guess what I'm getting at is if we miss out on CoH3 because a couple people are mad at what amounts to a bad powerpoint presentation with a bit of JPop playing behind it isn't included in a 50+ hour Dungeon Crawler, I'm going to... pout I guess. Christ.

Proven

Okay, I'm confused. I thought he was having rights problems with the English version of the intro, but apparently it was with the Japanese version too? Is that why he didn't just put the original intro with the original song on there?

The issue is that they didn't have the rights to use the Japanese intro. So they made their own intro without the same Japanese song. But then the Japanese company that provided the original intro felt like the new intro was too similar to their own intro. Then other stuff too because for some reason there are one or two more companies involved.

So Vick is basically saying "Fuck it."

Cheerilee

The game is absolutely complete and people saying otherwise are being the SILLIEST of geese.

The video is a 90 second long reprint of the Japanese advertisement. You are missing NOTHING.

Again, here's the link:

Doesn't CoH2 support Data Install, anyway? If so, a patch can add the intro in later on. And if not? Nothing of value is lost.

Besides, if you're a real collector, aren't you just going to use the digital code and keep the physical someplace safe?
Buying two copies of the same game for box art is silly. It's not like your game even needs box art (it's being sold online, not off a shelf), and you still get one free box art anyways.

And collecting is silly. You're better off just buying gold or silver, because then you won't have to look very far to find a buyer if/when you decide to sell.

I guess what I'm getting at is if we miss out on CoH3 because a couple people are mad at what amounts to a bad powerpoint presentation with a bit of JPop playing behind it isn't included in a 50+ hour Dungeon Crawler, I'm going to... pout I guess. Christ.
I don't think people are saying they want to miss out on CoH3, they're grumbling that this fucking sucks. The person you quoted already bought the game, they're just expressing their lack of total satisfaction.

Carnby

Yeah, you have forward the email you get from kickstarter about the update to gajinworks, otherwise you will get the regular edition, even if you order from the kickstarter supporter preorder link.

Wait. Be crystal clear about this. Which email do I forward to who? I already preordered. Am I screwed?

Edit: I was under the impression that if you signed up for the petition that was used to gauge interest, then you received a special cover. I didn't donate money. I had no idea that was even happening. So it's just regular version for me then, right? Oh well, 2,500 copies is still pretty damn limited. I'm happy to have one.

Ramune

Awesome, got the email from Gaijinworks this morning! I'm getting two copies of the physical edition, and I'll trade one of them for a kick starter edition if anyone is interested in having both! Send me a PM and we can work out the details!
While it still is unfortunate that the UMD won't have the opening, supporting this will have hopefully positive ramifications for other possible PSP localizations....theoretically! *fingers crossed*

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Did my part, preordered. Thanks for everything Vic, can't wait to get my hands on this.

Raggie

Done and done. Hopefully the delay didn't mean there'll be less sales for the physical, I'm wishing they'd do one for CoH3.

Again, here's the link:

This.

You know what kinds of cuts are a problem? Professor Layton and The Last Specter missing the entire London Life RPG from the European version. Scenes and dialogue missing from so many games to the point it makes the story nonsensical at parts. Blood and pubs and whatnot removed due to censorship. This happens all the time. One shitty intro video missing is barely even worth a mention.

It isn't even a nice intro with animation exclusively made for it, it really is just a cut-and-paste TV ad.

Peagles

Wait, so I can only do one copy each time I check out, but I'm international. Does that I mean I have to pay $12 each copy to ship them separately? I was planning to buy at least 3 but sending 3 items separately via international post just seems... silly, not to mention expensive :(

Reposting in case anyone knows. Haven't had a Twitter response yet. I'd like to order asap but would be good to know this.

LegionX

That question came up earlier on the Gaijinworks forums, the below is vic's response

"The system we're using for this only allows for 1 item per order. You have to do it multiple times to get multiple copies. We considered doing consolidated shipping, but give that these literally can go anywhere in the world that calculation got really complicated, really fast, and we just went with the simplest Amazon Buy Button implementation. "

He's quite actively answering questions over there

Peagles

That question came up earlier on the Gaijinworks forums, the below is vic's response

"The system we're using for this only allows for 1 item per order. You have to do it multiple times to get multiple copies. We considered doing consolidated shipping, but give that these literally can go anywhere in the world that calculation got really complicated, really fast, and we just went with the simplest Amazon Buy Button implementation. "

He's quite actively answering questions over there

Stink :(

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ordered the Kickstarter version. I'm still not happy how it all turned out with the opening removed, but in the end it's not enough not to order. I supported the Kickstarter, I signed up when they gauged interest, would be stupid not to follow through now.

Nekobo

Ordered! Not a huge fan of first person, Wizardry type RPGs, so I hope the fun localization makes it worth while for me. Like someone else posted in this thread, this is more for supporting Vic's future localization efforts.

Top Bottom