• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited signups for Class of Heroes 2 [PSP] physical release [goal reached]

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm sorry if this question has been asked multiple times already, but is it going to be possible to purchase more copies than we put ourselves down for in the signup phase? I only put myself down for one but I have a friend who somehow didn't hear about the signups until they were already closed and is begging me to buy a copy for him if I can. It's fine if that's out of the question, of course.

Eusis

We're not removing the opening with the song if there's any way to avoid it. I can't imagine it will come to that. We knew we didn't have rights to the Japanese voice (which we therefore didn't use), but this is the first time a cover of a Japanese song with English lyrics (the usual way I do it) has caused a problem. Pretty sure it's down to communication error with a new Japanese partner. Annoying, but I feel it will be worked out and the game will go out as currently approved and waiting for release.
I wonder if things simply changed over time? I was dumbfounded when it was pointed out in the thread about what Wyrdwad said about dual audio that lately for anime they'd need to send the translated lyrics back to Japan for approval before they could be used as subtitles for opening/ending songs, and so many have opted to just leave the subtitles for those out.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I'm sorry if this question has been asked multiple times already, but is it going to be possible to purchase more copies than we put ourselves down for in the signup phase?
Yes.

And since there have been some questions about it upthread; the preorder link will be publicly available. You don't have to have backed the Kickstarter or signed up for the mailing list in order to buy a regular physical copy of the game.

The more the merrier! Tell yer friends.

vireland

I'm sorry if this question has been asked multiple times already, but is it going to be possible to purchase more copies than we put ourselves down for in the signup phase? I only put myself down for one but I have a friend who somehow didn't hear about the signups until they were already closed and is begging me to buy a copy for him if I can. It's fine if that's out of the question, of course.

Yes, the voting was basically just a survey to make sure there was enough interest to proceed to a preorder. Once presales are open, you can buy as many as you want. The only limit is the Kickstarter supporter version. To buy that cover/disc, you had to be a supporter of the deluxe kickstarter that didn't fund last year.

vireland

I wonder if things simply changed over time? I was dumbfounded when it was pointed out in the thread about what Wyrdwad said about dual audio that lately for anime they'd need to send the translated lyrics back to Japan for approval before they could be used as subtitles for opening/ending songs, and so many have opted to just leave the subtitles for those out.

Erm...I'm just going with the idea that this is a communication error in a new process with two companies (four, really) that haven't dealt with each other before. The fact that we're able to do all the development with no needs from them once we have the source amplifies the isolation a little. The language barrier does the rest. We'll get it worked out, and if we get the minimum fan support it looks like we're getting and we can move to the next, it won't be a surprise late in the game for Class of Heroes 3.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yes, the voting was basically just a survey to make sure there was enough interest to proceed to a preorder. Once presales are open, you can buy as many as you want. The only limit is the Kickstarter supporter version. To buy that cover/disc, you had to be a supporter of the deluxe kickstarter that didn't fund last year.

Great to hear. Is there also no limit on how many Kickstarter versions a supporter can purchase, or are those limited to one per supporter? I was a backer for the CoH2 CE and he'd be ecstatic to get the variant since he's huge into old Working Designs variant discs.

vireland

Great to hear. Is there also no limit on how many Kickstarter versions a supporter can purchase, or are those limited to one per supporter? I was a supporter and he'd be ecstatic to get the variant since he's huge into old Working Designs variant discs.

Currently there is no limit for KS supporters on the KS support "thank you" version, either. If people get crazy, we might think about it, but generally I'm of the "more the merrier" mind, expecially for fans that have supported us all the way.

cj_iwakura

Currently there is no limit for KS supporters on the KS support "thank you" version, either. If people get crazy, we might think about it, but generally I'm of the "more the merrier" mind, expecially for fans that have supported us all the way.

Will the clearing up of this mean you have to wait for Sony approval again, or is that over and done with?

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Great that we've got all of that ironed out. It'd be unreasonable to sacrifice potential profits just to ensure the relative "scarcity" of one version over the other so that's fine as well. I'll see if anyone else I know wants a Kickstarter version and hopefully I can net you a few more sales.

vireland

Will the clearing up of this mean you have to wait for Sony approval again, or is that over and done with?

Nope. The digital version is approved and ready to go. They physical has to be submitted on a different format (disc), but since it's the digital version with a different part number, that won't be a problem. We just literally need to clear this rights issue on the Acquire side and we're ready to roll again.

The only way we'd have to re-submit to Sony is if we were forced to take the opening out completely, and I don't see that happening. It's a thermonuclear option. I'll do everything I can to avoid it.

cj_iwakura

Nope. The digital version is approved and ready to go. They physical has to be submitted on a different format (disc), but since it's the digital version with a different part number, that won't be a problem. We just literally need to clear this rights issue on the Acquire side and we're ready to roll again.

The only way we'd have to re-submit to Sony is if we were forced to take the opening out completely, and I don't see that happening. It's a thermonuclear option. I'll do everything I can to avoid it.

That would be pretty ridiculous, so I hope it doesn't happen. Heck, even Magic Knight Rayearth's OP survived, and it was basically the same song.

vireland

That would be pretty ridiculous, so I hope it doesn't happen. Heck, even Magic Knight Rayearth's OP survived, and it was basically the same song.

With a LOT bigger licensors. This is annoying, but small potatoes compared to the fights we had on MKR to resist the awful names they wanted for the main characters at the last minute Anemone, Blaze, and I forget the other. Awful.

Eusis

Erm...I'm just going with the idea that this is a communication error in a new process with two companies (four, really) that haven't dealt with each other before. The fact that we're able to do all the development with no needs from them once we have the source amplifies the isolation a little. The language barrier does the rest. We'll get it worked out, and if we get the minimum fan support it looks like we're getting and we can move to the next, it won't be a surprise late in the game for Class of Heroes 3.
Yeah, I shot that thought off kind of prematurely since I couldn't help but think of how things that didn't seem to be a big deal years ago apparently can be now. But you ARE the one actively involved here so hopefully it's exactly as you say.

KiTA

In other news, the Class of Heroes devteam is making a new Wizardry-clone, Mind ≒ 0 (Read as: Mind Approximately Equal To Zero).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/1...-working-on-dark-stylish-rpg-mind≒0-for-vita/

It looks like it's a modern setting RPG with set Player Characters, but you summon "MIND"s, which are... animated dolls that have Class of Heroes class/races. No, literally, they're felpur, Celestias... Some of them look like they literally reused the CoH art.

Takao

Banned
In other news, the Class of Heroes devteam is making a new Wizardry-clone, Mind ≒ 0 (Read as: Mind Approximately Equal To Zero).

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/1...-working-on-dark-stylish-rpg-mind≒0-for-vita/

It looks like it's a modern setting RPG with set Player Characters, but you summon "MIND"s, which are... animated dolls that have Class of Heroes class/races. No, literally, they're felpur, Celestias... Some of them look like they literally reused the CoH art.

Kita, I know it's early but you should read the text carefully. The attached screenshot IS of Class of Heroes. Mind Zero seems more Persona-esque. Unless there was a second scan?

edit: There was a second scan!

In case anyone was wondering why preorder links didn't go live this week is because it is on hold due to the licensing rights of the translated opening to the game, which we all knew about.

Gainjinworks' website provided an update yesterday:

The small bit of good in this delay is that the physical release will now be much closer to the digital release. The physical+digital presale links are also on hold. The manufacturing details are worked out, but we've decided not to open the presales while we're uncertain about when this rights issue will be resolved. We're working hard to get it in the rearview mirror, but it hasn't happened yet.

For those curious about whether or not we'll see what the UMD art labels the standard and Kickstarter versions will look like, Vic commented on that as well:

Also, some fans have asked about the UMD labels for the two different physical versions. Each art type will have a special UMD label with distinct art, but we're keeping the UMD labels a secret until you have the game in your hands.

Wow, it's like Working Designs didn't even exist.

That's very true. I didn't even think about that at all when I read it.

I didn't email them or post a comment because I didn't know what was best to do at that moment, but I will email them once the release date info comes around to see if they will update some info or something...at least on this game.

Besides, I imagine that it would be mutually beneficial all things considered.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Just finished my playthrough of COH1. The delay gave me the extra time to finish it but now I'm without a COH game again. Oh well, Soul Hackers is coming out Tuesday.

Peagles

Weird to see that almost 2 months has passed since the sign up drive

Yeh. At first I was like, put me down for 3! Then I was like, oh crap I'm in between jobs, will I be able to afford it when orders open? Then I was like, ooh new job. Then I was like, I hope I get my first proper pay before orders open! Now I've been there 6 weeks, hehe.

d+pad

It's going to be interesting to see how much this delay impacts the final order numbers for the physical release of the game. Surely the hype has died down a lot, and it doesn't help that we've heard barely more than a peep from Vic since the sign-up drive ended :|

MetalManTN

Neo Member
Yeah, I've been waiting patiently, but this is getting ridiculous. Change or omit the freaking intro song and give us the bleeping game. Let's go! Hurry it up!

Eusis

It's going to be interesting to see how much this delay impacts the final order numbers for the physical release of the game. Surely the hype has died down a lot, and it doesn't help that we've heard barely more than a peep from Vic since the sign-up drive ended :|
Well, at least it's out of the shadow of Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers at this rate. I'm starting to wonder if that random thought of mine really IS indicative of what went wrong, it seems like this snag's more of a problem than it sounded.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, I've been waiting patiently, but this is getting ridiculous. Change or omit the freaking intro song and give us the bleeping game. Let's go! Hurry it up!

If he can clear up the issue, the already submitted version is ready to go. If not, they'd have to remove it, put something else in it's place, and then re-submit, which, in itself, would take time.

Let's let him fight the fight as long as he's willing; there's more than enough gaming out there to occupy one's time while we wait.

Even though I'd love to have paid, and have the game on the way, my biggest annoyance right now... is that Vic would even have to go through such an issue! To be so close, and then to be denied over such a thing... at least all WE have to do is sit and wait. He's actually going through things over this.

cyborg009

Banned

He's been active over twitter... well a little bit.

Clov

Despite all the delays, I'm still up for a physical copy whenever the preorders open. It's going to end up being a great collector's item for sure; not to mention the game itself seems pretty fun too. :p

KiTA

If he can clear up the issue, the already submitted version is ready to go. If not, they'd have to remove it, put something else in it's place, and then re-submit, which, in itself, would take time.

And cost a very large amount of money, I believe.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And cost a very large amount of money, I believe.

Yeah. If so, that's even worse! Would be a shame to have to pay to take out a quality piece of work, and toss it into the "Do not use EVER!" Bin :( I really hope everything can be worked out, for everyone involved (I wanna hear "Lemia" Sing!)

khaaan

I'm actually kind of okay with the delay. A lot of expenses came along and grabbing multiple copies of this game would have stretched me.

KiTA

I wonder if, in the case he has to resubmit the game for approval without an opening video at all, or with the Japanese opening video instead...

Well, I wonder if he has to resubmit it for approval, if Sony charges any money for that. Does Sony charge money for the approval process or anything? I heard Microsoft does for their download store but wasn't sure about the Sony one.

cj_iwakura

I wonder if, in the case he has to resubmit the game for approval without an opening video at all, or with the Japanese opening video instead...

Well, I wonder if he has to resubmit it for approval, if Sony charges any money for that. Does Sony charge money for the approval process or anything? I heard Microsoft does for their download store but wasn't sure about the Sony one.

I've heard the PSP is pretty much open-season at the moment, though I could be wrong.

Top Bottom