• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Probably something like 4 months until Eliza is geared up to go.

5 months I'd bet, as December is typically a slow month for getting stuff done in game development.

Big Band finished in December w/ production of Eliza starting January. Eliza in the beta in April, completed in May. Then we get Robo-Fortune, then Beowulf. Overall, everything by the end of 2014.

Kioshen

5 months I'd bet, as December is typically a slow month for getting stuff done in game development.

Big Band finished in December w/ production of Eliza starting January. Eliza in the beta in April, completed in May. Then we get Robo-Fortune, then Beowulf. Overall, everything by the end of 2014.

If all goes according to keikaku because let's face it ... nothing goes according to keikaku in skullgirls land :(.

Roubjon

BZeJOKkCIAA_Yuk.jpg:large

Oh man, it's happening!

https://twitter.com/kinucakes/status/402941568111222784/photo/1

Ravidrath

How do you guys handle the labor on animations? Big Band is definitely your priority, but do you allow animators to take breaks from him to work on Eliza, or...? I'm always curious about how all the management stuff goes down in a studio.

We've been doing pre-production on Eliza for a couple of weeks now.

We do the really important stuff in-house, like the walks and idles. For everything else we just do the keyframes, and then use our contractors to finalize the animation and clean-up.

All of Big Band's pre-production stuff is complete, and is being finished up by contractors now, and put into the game by Mike and Earl. So the internal art team has moved on to Eliza.

We've been doing pre-production on Eliza for a couple of weeks now.

We do the really important stuff in-house, like the walks and idles. For everything else we just do the keyframes, and then use our contractors to finalize the animation and clean-up.

All of Big Band's pre-production stuff is complete, and is being finished up by contractors now, and put into the game by Mike and Earl. So the internal art team has moved on to Eliza.
Fascinating. So if you had to estimate a split on how much is done in-house animation-wise vs. how much is contracted out, what would that split be? Why do you go through contractors? Does it save a lot of money?

Ravidrath

Fascinating. So if you had to estimate a split on how much is done in-house animation-wise vs. how much is contracted out, what would that split be? Why do you go through contractors? Does it save a lot of money?

Total animation? It's probably like 20% done in-house.

And, yeah, we use contractors because it's much cheaper and faster. If you've seen our guys animate on stream, each frame takes a long time. So we have to split the work up as much as possible to get it done in a reasonable amount of time. And contractors are much cheaper per-frame than our salaried guys.

HHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

My goddess is finally almost here aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Careful now - I'd be surprised if we had her out before April.

Total animation? It's probably like 20% done in-house.

And, yeah, we use contractors because it's much cheaper and faster. If you've seen our guys animate on stream, each frame takes a long time. So we have to split the work up as much as possible to get it done in a reasonable amount of time. And contractors are much cheaper per-frame than our salaried guys.
Fascinating! Do you ever feel a loss of quality, or a need to go through several revisions to get the contractual expectations up to your standards?

I have seen one of your animators work on stream. It was for Big Band's idle animation. I had it going on the side for like...3 hours. It was 3 hours of slightly adjusting lines and playing the animation over and over. Props to animators, because I do not have that kind of patience. It gave me a new appreciation for all the art in this game.

alstein

None yet outside of undizzy/IPS changes. Pretty sure nerfs are coming though.

And Based Lab Zero just brought A Train assist back.

FloatOn

I played just a bit of story mode over the free weekend and it nearly convinced me to buy it.

I'd like to see more characters added before I dive in though. So it's encouraging to hear that more are in the works.

Any chance that Brain Drain and Vitale Medici might make it in?

Any chance that Brain Drain and Vitale Medici might make it in?

I doubt it for most of the Medicis, as they're largely generic mobsters, and the important ones don't appear to be capable fighters. They're an important background faction though.

Brain Drain is a fantastic design, but LZ would have to secure funding for any more characters post-Beowulf. And by that point, I would wager that they'd either be thinking about a totally new Skullgirls title or a different IP. But that's my uninformed opinion.

I bought this on Steam after the free weekend, I really liked it quite a bit. What
character(s) would be considered the easiest to pick up and play? I am a fighting game noob, but this one really charmed me and couldn't resist a purchase.

I bought this on Steam after the free weekend, I really liked it quite a bit. What
character(s) would be considered the easiest to pick up and play? I am a fighting game noob, but this one really charmed me and couldn't resist a purchase.
Cerebella, Parasoul and Peacock. I think Squigly will be the easiest of the DLC characters. Keep in mind that peacock at a mid-high level or up is a bitch to play.

Kioshen

Wow the first video is crazy, I didn't knew combos could be this long.

You could triple that length in 1.00 so thank goodness MDE reeled that a little bit.

Cerebella, Parasoul and Peacock. I think Squigly will be the easiest of the DLC characters. Keep in mind that peacock at a mid-high level or up is a bitch to play.

It's funny because that's the team I played before I got distracted with Warframe and Hearthstone. After a 2-3 month break from fighting games I'm itching to get back in there.

Is your Parasoul combo still valid Solar or I should look up something else for MDE ?

Kioshen

Which Parasoul combo, I could check.

I should have been more specific but it was SolarPowered that left a bnb somewhere in the thread when Dahbomb got on the train. If you have something lying around that you could share I'm all ears because I'm wiping the table clean and starting over combo wise. I might even dump Cerebella for Double even if I really like the character. Peacock and Parasoul seem to synergise better with Double.

No I know you meant him, I was just saying I could check for you.

Haven't played in a while, but I think what I was using was indeed one that SolarPowered posted but I forgot the exact commands.

TheOGB

Banned
Lord have mercy, they added a music test to the game yesterday?!
That'd be a megaton if I didn't already have the soundtrack. But still!

Anony

well, i used the sweetfx injector
put FXAA and CRT filter on
looks way better (has more personality now)

this stuff should really be 'builtin' or included, it's literally a free upgrade in video/graphics department

Anony

jMOD7l0.png

cy4QtCL.png

if you take a look at the character outlines in the second picture, you can see some anomalies, which was what i was referring to about weird upscaling that they're doing, it's fixed with FXAA
(which shouldnt be needed)

Top Bottom