• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Good horizontal assist that can cover Peacock. Maybe even Parasoul due to autoguard. Haven't really experimented with it, because it's something you can't experiment with except vs live comp.
Can it replace Double's flying butt slam assist? Does he have a gtfo me assist?

More Konami drama brewing... Mike will give everyone a run-down on it on the stream tonight.
I thought they were gone. :(

What. The. Actual. F........

Ok, allow to correct myself, PSN AND XBL.

Seriously Konami what the actual fuck

So basically, from Dec 17 the game will disappear from the stores until the console Slightly Different Edition is ready and passes certification. Best case scenario, it passes cert before winter break and it won't be gone for long, worst case scenario, we have to wait until AT LEAST mid January...

J-Tier

Somebody should put up a thread, this is pretty ridiculous. I couldn't catch the whole thing so I can't really do it.

Silky

Banned
Gonna put up the thread. Basically Konami is delisting Skullgirls from PSN/XBLA on December 17th because of licensing/rights issues, right? (Can't catch the stream.)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Could someone summarize?

I imagine it has something to do with Konami being one of the title cards on a game that they're not seeing any potential revenue for anymore? In combination with the inability to make on-the-fly changes to arcade games due to the limitations in place on the PSN and XBLA?

That really should be something sorted out in any previously written agreement with Konami.

Could someone summarize?

I imagine it has something to do with Konami being one of the title cards on a game that they're not seeing any potential revenue for anymore? In combination with the inability to make on-the-fly changes to arcade games due to the limitations in place on the PSN and XBLA?

That really should be something sorted out in any previously written agreement with Konami.

Actually they did comment that it made no sense because they'd still make money on every sale.

More Konami shit? Seriously?

tumblr_m2l2aeMJpX1qhkgk5.gif

Astarte

Holy fuck, if it weren't for them having the 2010 conference/releasing Revengeance I'd swear off them forever. I might as well do so now, now that they aren't bringing Tak Fuji around (at the very least tweet that he has cancer guys). Time to bumrush the shit out of skullgirls pc.

Kioshen

damn, lab zero just cant catch a break these days ever.

FTFY

Also if somebody wants to body me around until I knock the rust out feel free to challenge me on steam right now. Same handle on gaf. Nevermind I couldn't stay as long as I thought I could.

Ravidrath

Posted this in the other thread...

To clarify...

This was going to happen at some point, because the business relationship with Konami was dissolved to allow patches to move ahead.

The parts that are shady are:

- Filing the request without conferring with Autumn or Lab Zero to see if we could even transition in time

- Lying to Sony and to Autumn, saying the other said moving it back was impossible​

Their reason for doing this is because the lawsuit with Konami over DefJam Rapstar is over, and they're trying to stop dealing with Autumn forever as soon as possible. There's a lot of bad blood there.

That said, we are pretty forcefully requesting that the delisting be pushed back to 12/31 to buy us time, and I think we're going to get that.

We're going as fast as we can, but there's a lot that needs to happen:

- Get a new Communications ID for online service, which takes a few days since it must be issued from Japan

- Before we can do that we need to get an IP whitelisting issue sorted out with Autumn

- Set up the leaderboards and trophies again, since this will effectively be a "new game" as far as PSN is concerned

- Get everyone's existing purchases to carry over to the "new" version

- Get Autumn a publishing agreement for SCEE and other territories

- Get the latest build submitted and tested once we have the Communications ID and leaderboards, etc. set up​

If everything goes perfectly we MIGHT be able to avoid any downtime, but there is so much to do and so much of it is reliant on learning this stuff and waiting for IDs, etc. that I don't think we're going to be able to avoid any downtime in the US. Downtime in other territories will be all-but-impossible to avoid, just because we have to set up new publishing arrangements with those territories.

Yes, this sucks, but we're used to this kind of thing at this point. We shouldn't have to be, but we are. So we'll roll with it and once this incident has passed, there should be significantly less drama moving forward.

Also, just wanted to give a shout out to Shane, Roberto, Jonathan and everyone else at Sony that has helped us on this so far. We would be completely lost without them, and they've been a huge help in helping us navigate this minor crisis. Once this is resolved, we're definitely sending them tasty gifts of some kind.

Beta just got a 160mb update but the release notes only mention this:

- Peacock's plane (QCT+HK / 236+HK) now aims for the opponent's horizontal position when it is created, rather than following the same arc all the time. Far away it will aim up to fullscreen, but up close it will only come a tiny bit closer than the original path

Is there anything else or just updates to Big Band moves and animation?

Kioshen

Started to look around for stuff on Mrs. Fortune and I stumbled upon this little gem video of matches between KhaosMuffins and ClawsEncounter. Really good stuff in there. I now know what I was doing wrong when trying to do Parasoul's j.LK follow up after a cancel b.HK. I jumped toward instead of simply jumping up. Still lots of fast mixups and active playing in there.

Edit : Whoever proposed Poison Ivy color palette for Parasoul I salute you with all my heart.

Beats

Hmm, not sure if I can get more out of Filia in the corner.

j.HP, j.HK
j.HK, airdash, j.HP, j.HK
st.HP
j.LP, j.HK, Hairball H, airdash
j.MP, j.HK
cr.LP, st.MK, st. HP, DP super

It does 6.5k without the super and 8k with it. Having some difficulty getting it to work midscreen though.

Top Bottom