• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazushige Nojima (scenario writer) wants Final Fantasy X-3 to happen

Myriadis

I loved X but with hind sight this is where the series started to nose-dive. Taking away flying the airship on the world map took away a lot of the fun of exploring for me.

X-2, I loved the dress sphere system but pretty much hated everything else about the game.

XIII pretty much killed my hype for the series and I didn't even bother with XIII-2 or LR.

I'm still interested in XV and that might pull me back to the series but I can't see me wanting to go back to Spira anytime soon.

Ever tried FFXII? I'm not a big fan of X and XIII (though I liked XIII-2), but I consider XII to be one of the best RPGs ever created.

No it didn't.Tidus revival makes absolutely no sense according to the world mythos.
He is a product of the fayth.A dream of the fayth produced by his father. just like the aeons and dream zanarkand and he cannot exist independently after the events of FFX and Yuna's final sending.They brought him back to make an artificial happy ending and satisfy mad fangirls. Trivializing FFX in the process.

??

Did you conveniently totally ignore the video I posted?

Whompa

She wears more suggestive clothing from her more traditional and tasteful attire from X but a "slut" is kind of going a little far lol.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Maybe slut isn't the right word but what they did to her was disgusting, made NO sense, and was obvious pandering to get a quick buck out of the skeeves. It really isn't surprising to see how a somewhat respectable, if boring character like Lightning is now twirling down stripper poles in a revealing cat outfit when you realize it's the same director as X-2.
The world isn't going to end. Fantastic. But no normal human would go from such a drastic personality and fashion change as Yuna did. It was a pandering game, with a god awful story (Shuyin looks like Tidus just because, wat) that totally ruined the original. Honestly, with all that in mind, it's no different as the constant crapola Compile Hearts is churning out these days. That hotspring and massage scene... jesus.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wow, somebody actually noticed! ^^
Also (more special credits spoilers):
Yuna breaks up with Tidus and one of the new characters is Auron's daughter.
EDIT: Some pictures.

Wow. I used to read shitty FF fanfiction in middle school and at one time thought about writing one myself. One of the characters I imagined was her. This is crazy.

Do you all think Yuna waited for Tidus or did she ride the "cock carousel" and eventually settled down in her thirties with some nice guy like Baralai?

Square2015

Why don't they channel all this "sequel" energy into starting FFXVI, and FFXVII (I mean we used to get three mainlines per gen). They could use the FFX model/engine to create a similar world (and a similar theme I suppose) if they have such an attachment to X.

Taruranto

d0wn.jpg

Man, for all the shit she gets here, Gaf produces the best Lighting stuff.

Plus, if the lead writer behind the two games really wants another game (to the point where he gets Square to produce an audio epilogue that's about double the length of Eternal Calm), then he probably has at least a fairly good idea of where the story will go.
I made this a point in the FFX/FFX-2 re-arranged OST thread. Just because the original writer/creator might have an idea of what to do doesn't mean it will turn out good. If that's the case, we call all excuse George Lucas for the asinine things he did with the SW franchise. And as far as Nojima is concerned, he's not flawless. He came up with a lot of the ideas in the FFVII Compilation, which overcomplicated the world as a whole, bringing in ideas and concepts that made the entire FFVII series of events a jumbled piece of crap(of course, Kitase and Nomura aren't getting off scot-free, as they are to blame as well for some of the idiotic ideas). While sometimes creators DO have good ideas for their stories, just by default, BECAUSE they are the creators doesn't mean they automatically know best. They can fuck things up if they really want to(LOL).

EDIT: Just saw the art.
While I think I like Tidus with a bandana(and Yuna with long hair and Auron's daughter look nice), the idea of Yuna and Tidus breaking up and the return of Sin shows that Square is grasping for straws regarding ideas. And if there was any obvious proof to what I said regarding a creator NOT always knowing what's best for their creations...well.....

A funny side note, I always suspected Nomura had that "type" of girl he shoehorned into the "main heroine" role, kinda like Tifa and Rinoa. Garnet, a non-Nomura heroine, also took up that "look". Funny to see, while knew Yuna was somehow fitting that look(though with shorter hair, her long hair art is a total spitting image of the Tifa/Rinoa look. Hell, she looks like Tifa and Rinoa there!

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Nooooo, why would they do this. The X story is over, why go back to it? Just concentrate on bringing us goddamn FF15 before 2020 instead and stop ruining your old entries.

Asd202

Nooooo, why would they do this. The X story is over, why go back to it? Just concentrate on bringing us goddamn FF15 before 2020 instead and stop ruining your old entries.

X story ended it with first game nicely, X-2 was a stretch not needed at all, X-3 idea is just stinking pile of shit.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
X story ended it with first game nicely, X-2 was a stretch not needed at all, X-3 idea is just stinking pile of shit.

Yeah they should have stopped at X storywise. X-2 kind of ruined the ending. And X-3 would be waaaay too much, especially with the current state of Square.

But yeah it's Square. So they'll do it. And it will suck. And there will be DLCs and bonus Lightning appearances and mobile companion apps with microtransactions and it will destroy every nice thing from the first game's story.

And that's one of my problems with SE. They never know when to stop. And they absolutely have no clue that they're continually ruining Final Fantasy. And that pisses me off since it's one of my favourite series ever.

Asd202

It's not needed but whatever. As long as it's not a sequel to girl power.

Sure with the new main character most likely being
Aurons daughter appering in the story from thin air lol.
Maybe they should go back to FF VIII and make a sequel with Squall lost brother or something now that would be cool -_-.

Glass Rebel

The only good thing X-3 would bring is the return of the best battle system. I don't know what price I'm ready to pay for that though.

I know it's tempting to demand a prequel with Auron, but seeing Square's previous trackrecord of prequels and how they retcon and mess with shit (see: Compilation of FFVII), I would prefer a sequel that is set some 20 years later. You play as Yuna and Tidus' daughter (or son), some new menace has surfaced from the past and must be dealt with. Both grown Yuna and Tidus are in your party, along with a handful of new characters, including Lulu and Wakka's son, who serves as the love interest of our heroine. Both Yuna and Tidus look more like Lenne and Shuyin, with Yuna having super-long hair (yessssssss please).

Think about potential here. The player would get to visit an evolved Spira, free of Sin's tyranny. Cities would have gotten bigger and bigger, technology would be more prevalent, and the world would be very interesting to explore once again, as it would be new. A prequel wouldn't give us that.

Sure with the new main character most likely being
Aurons daughter appering in the story from thin air lol.
Maybe they should go back to FF VIII and make a sequel with Squall lost brother or something now that would be cool -_-.

Do they explain how she came to be?

Any explanation would be bullshit, but I have to know/

Tidus and Yuna breaking up isn't that unbelievable guys.

First of all, it's Tidus.

Second of all, not many people stick with their "first loves" for life.

Third of all, he should have stayed dead anyway

Asd202

if they do make a FFX-3, i hope they establish a connection between FFVII and FFX

YES and make a crossover movie with SIN coming to FF VII world somehow with the VII crew dealing with it Advent Children style!
Okay I'll stop now :p

Tidus and Yuna breaking up isn't that unbelievable guys.

First of all, it's Tidus.

Second of all, not many people stick with their "first loves" for life.

Third of all, he should have stayed dead anyway

She's breaking up with to deal with SIN. If SIN is back so are summons so you know where this is going lol.

I hope that they explain it as her just being some girl claiming she's his daughter to get fame and fourtune, or is from Dream Zanarkand and has faulty memories because the fayth are weakened, and not that (ultra-pious and conservative when actually alive)
Auron
literally had a daughter he left behind and forgot about 20 years ago

Top Bottom