• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Freyja's Bundle is gone. Either out of keys for certain parts of the bundle or adding in the missing DS2 Shadow of Death DLC.

I waited and waited on that because I really only needed Darksiders II and I didn't even really like what I played of Darksiders 1 so I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $8 on something that would only increase my game count by 1 (+DLC). Guess I lost my chance and so far not regretting it

Brainsaw

Neo Member
It's WSDA + arrow keys. It's clunky but manageable. Clearly not the way it's meant to be played though. Since it's really short it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Hmm, that sounds awkward. Now I regret not buying a xbox360 wired controller with the console years ago (got 2 wireless instead) :s

How was I supposed to know there would ever be a game where kb+mouse was the inferior control scheme? :(

Edited because my phone ate a verb

Cheddahz

Banned
You guys really made my holidays wonderful and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to give away anything during the sale, I had to make to hospital trips during the holidays and I sadly had to put my dog to sleep, so money was a little tight. I thought I would make it up by doing this small giveaway, I know that it is not much, but SteamGAF is full of great people and I hope that if you win any of these games, you'll enjoy them!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starbound -- MB-A2A52E70DEB65B69 - Taken by Grief.exe. 93 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition -- MB-F7B9965F8CAD4B96 - Taken by Kiru. 1 entrants total.
Papo & Yo -- MB-F94E07FB79E00944 - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-E9EFD19C47470F97
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-38E7C0F7B142B949 - Taken by Eanan. 7 entrants total.

t1389297161z1.png

Backlogger

You guys really made my holidays wonderful and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to give away anything during the sale, I had to make to hospital trips during the holidays and I sadly had to put my dog to sleep, so money was a little tight. I thought I would make it up by doing this small giveaway, I know that it is not much, but SteamGAF is full of great people and I hope that if you win any of these games, you'll enjoy them!

Nice giveway

Edit: Sorry about your dog :(

louiedog

I'm just going to wait until the game is done this time. I always play Early Access games to completion and don't come back to them after the developer has finished updating the game.

I'm mostly the same way, but this is the kind of game I can play a bit of here and there and have fun. I won't sit down for a 2-3 hour session until it actually finishes. I have no interest in getting into early access for games that have stories or are a series of missions that would be best the first time you play them because I'd want that first experience to be more polished.

Grief.exe

Freyja's Bundle is gone. Either out of keys for certain parts of the bundle or adding in the missing DS2 Shadow of Death DLC.

Keys are gone.

Sorry to hear about that, losing a dog is a tough time.

Santiako

Some repeats I had, quick!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-3454D965CCB1D1BE - Taken by Vazduh. 8 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-E3F5537CBDCF7D85 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1389287351z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idling my Skullgirls cards because... damn they drop slow. Played almost 2 hours and didn't get a single drop. Idled for 15 minutes this morning before getting my first.

Saving up that card money to pick up Kingdom Rush. Got about $1 to go.

Hmm, that sounds awkward. Now I regret not buying a xbox360 wired controller with the console years ago (got 2 wireless instead) :s

How was I supposed to know there would ever be a game where kb+mouse was the inferior control scheme? :(

Edited because my phone ate a verb

You can get a wireless receiver for quite cheap.

Turfster

Sorry to hear about your dog, man, and the hospital trips.
Hospital trips are never fun.

morning peeps.

new weekly humble bundle today correct?

2 hours.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning peeps.

new weekly humble bundle today correct?

sorry about your dog dude...always a rough experience

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any SteamGAFfer in a CIS country able to help us out?

SKILkbh.png

Can Paypal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Sorry about your dog. :( I don't think my (well, technically it's my brother's) Alaskan Malamute is going to see another Christmas -- he's 15 this year and last January we had a bit of a scare that, fortunately, he bounced back from, but it was the first time that the fact he doesn't have long left really hit me. Honestly, even after he got better I still didn't think he'd live to see 2014.

Any SteamGAFfer in a CIS country able to help us out?

SKILkbh.png

Can Paypal.

If you're being serious I can ask my partner in crime.

r3n4ud

Idling my Skullgirls cards because... damn they drop slow. Played almost 2 hours and didn't get a single drop. Idled for 15 minutes this morning before getting my first.

Saving up that card money to pick up Kingdom Rush. Got about $1 to go.

Just picked it up myself with card monies. Feeeels good :)

Hopefully they bring over Kingdom Rush Frontiers as well...

jshackles

If you're being serious I can ask my partner in crime.

Seriously interested. I mean - it's a $200.00 piece of DLC for $0.99.

Dolken

Neo Member

I'm sorry to hear that. Loosing one's pet isn't easy.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Anyone know any good Fire Emblem style tactics games on Steam?
It took me this long to remember this game I saw that looked like a huge ripoff of Advance Wars—Future Wars.
It could be another Agarest (a.k.a. unredeemably shitty) for all I know though, so...

Anyone have a Steam code for Windosill?
$1 here, if you buy within the next hour and 45 minutes.

Got my PC all sorted out with the new kit I received this Christmas. So what do I decide to with it? Install more graphics mods for Skyrim of course!

Itsbeautiful.jpg

Now bring on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance!

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm trying to sell some cards and Steam is telling me that "Cookies may not be enabled on your browser. Check that all cookies are allowed by your browser or try logging out and logging back in"...but I'm using the Steam client, help?

I'm trying to sell some cards and Steam is telling me that "Cookies may not be enabled on your browser. Check that all cookies are allowed by your browser or try logging out and logging back in"...but I'm using the Steam client, help?
That's happened to me too. I've just switched over to doing that all in Chrome at this point. It's nice to have tabs for comparing ,and selling too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Valve broke something. Use a browser.

Edit: Beaten.

Turfster

Oh god tell me it's not broken again. Doesn't seem to be, here.
Are you using the mobile client? Do you have it open somewhere else in a browser?
If none of these, just refreshing the page should work.

Valve broke something. Use a browser.
They fixed what they broke yesterday, though.

I'm sorry for your dog.

aScaris

Here I am in a foreign country having an internet connection that can't support 144p playback on youtube and where I don't know anybody apart from the people at work. This means I actually have time to play some of my backlogged games I luckily downloaded before I left home! Currently I'm playing through XCOM, but I don't know where to go next. My available games are:

Rome: Total War
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (has to activate on GFWL... I don't think that's possible with my internet :D)
Deus Ex: HR (played it up to the first boss, but I don't know if I should continue..)
Dishonored (low chaos playthrough done, high chaos here i come! :D)
Hotline Miami
Civilization 5
Torchlight 2
Europa Universalis 4
La-Mulana (~10h into the game, dont know if I want to continue without a walkthrough though :D)
Spelunky
Volgarr the Viking
The Walking Dead

Help me SteamGAF!

jshackles

Special thanks to Hawkie! My Prey key worked! Thanks again!

That's one hell of a desktop screenshot. :p

Congrats on Prey, pretty awesome game.

This sometimes happens to me as well. I just close the client and open it again, usually takes care of the issue.

Brainsaw

Neo Member
Got my PC all sorted out with the new kit I received this Christmas. So what do I decide to with it? Install more graphics mods for Skyrim of course!

Itsbeautiful.jpg

Now bring on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance!
Can you recommend some? Searching the workshop is like trying to find a needle in a haystack :s Ftr, I'm not interested in mods that change mechanics (I prefer to play it as vanilla as possible first), but simply increasing graphic fidelity. So far I have Lush and the mod that changes town textures.

In other news, I jumped on the MGR bandwagon too. It peaked my interest when it was announced for consoles, but never bought it due to timeconstraints. The €15 (or 16, whatever) deal turned out too hard to resist though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom