• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaza aid fleet attacked by Israeli navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Empty said:
45% of people living on the gaza strip are children under the age of 15, why should they be punished so severely for an election result from 2006?
Have you learned nothing? god killed the first born children of those who opposed his chosen people. he's just doing it again!

Video from the ship Sfendoni recorded by a Greek reporter working for the site of one of my favorite reporters. Don't expect any actual video though, it's mostly sound and it's the only thing the reporter could save. But you can hear the IDF shitheads shooting when their ships were approaching and before boarding the ship at 1 min.

http://vimeo.com/12285010

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
soul said:
from all these testimonials it seems Israel killed around 200 activists, when in reality only 9 are reported dead. please use logic before posting :lol

Indeed. We all know that the reality is that the boat was full of heavily armed terrorists who drew the poor innocent IDF soldiers there under false pretences and then viciously attacked them as they came in peace, forcing them to retaliate in fear of their lives.

Shitty misrepresentation of what's being claimed, meet shitty misrepresentation of what's being claimed.

soul

iapetus said:
Indeed. We all know that the reality is that the boat was full of heavily armed terrorists who drew the poor innocent IDF soldiers there under false pretences and then viciously attacked them as they came in peace, forcing them to retaliate in fear of their lives.

Shitty misrepresentation of what's being claimed, meet shitty misrepresentation of what's being claimed.

please watch videos of the raid and re-read your post. They were definitely not innocent; they were armed and prepared from the start to kill the SEAL's.

The SEAL's were only equipped with a personal piece in case of need, they were not even planning on using it. The activists even had gas masks and night vision googles for crying out loud...

KRS7

Can we just give the Palestinians some better land somewhere else? Every single picture I've seen of Gaza makes it look like a shithole. Let the Israelis have it. There are many places in the world that are much better. Send them there and give each person $100,000 to start a new life. I would take it if I were them. It will cost the world about $600 billion (6 million Palestinians in Palestine x $100,000 each). Or about the annual military budget of the US. And we could also do it the other way too and pay the Jewish people to leave, I don't care. It would cost about the same amount. I think the Palestinians would take it first since their condition seems worse. But I have lost all faith that either side could live peacefully with the other. I am sure the peace would be worth the cost.

soul said:
from all these testimonials it seems Israel killed around 200 activists, when in reality only 9 are reported dead. please use logic before posting :lol

Yes, it's hilarious that ONLY 9 are dead.

It's this mentality that you bring to the table and the rest of your government which has marginalized Israel in the world.

It's much easier now to understand why the Palestinians are launching rockets into Israeli territory if the only Israelis that they interact with are scum such as yourself.

soul

KRS7 said:
Can we just give the Palestinians some better land somewhere else? Every single picture I've seen of Gaza makes it look like a shithole. Let the Israelis have it. There are many places in the world that are much better. Send them there and give each person $100,000 to start a new life. I would take it if I were them. It will cost the world about $600 billion (6 million Palestinians in Palestine x $100,000 each). Or about the annual military budget of the US. And we could also do it the other way too and pay the Jewish people to leave, I don't care. It would cost about the same amount. I think the Palestinians would take it first since their condition seems worse. But I have lost all faith that either side could live peacefully with the other. I am sure the peace would be worth the cost.

best solution ever confirmed. problem is the Palestinians will never leave the land since they claim this is their home, obviously so are Israelis.

soul

happyfunball said:
Yes, it's hilarious that ONLY 9 are dead.

It's this mentality that you bring to the table and the rest of your government which has marginalized Israel in the world.

It's much easier now to understand why the Palestinians are launching rockets into Israeli territory if the only Israelis that they interact with are scum such as yourself.

Hah, I was not laughing at the dead; I was laughing because each testimonial tells the story of another person shot in the head or throw off the flotilla, with so many stories there should have been at least 200 killed.

Salazar

happyfunball said:

No, it would still come down to infantile bigotry and murderous malice - a frame of mind and motivation I can recognise, but to which I stop short of granting the credit—the admission to spheres of reasonable action—of understanding.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
soul said:
Hah, I was not laughing at the dead; I was laughing because each testimonial tells the story of another person shot in the head or throw off the flotilla, with so many stories there should have been at least 200 killed.

Or maybe, just maybe, some of these testimonials are talking about the same people, and it's just a whole big piling up of eyewitness reports of the same people being killed? Or does that one not fit with your world view?

KRS7

soul said:
best solution ever confirmed. problem is the Palestinians will never leave the land since they claim this is their home, obviously so are Israelis.

If I was living in fucking bombed out shithole with limited food, water, and medical access. And my choice was to continue to live in squaller, fight and probably die for this little piece of middle eastern hell, or GTFO of dodge with a fat paycheck. I know what I'd do.

soul

iapetus said:
Or maybe, just maybe, some of these testimonials are talking about the same people, and it's just a whole big piling up of eyewitness reports of the same people being killed? Or does that one not fit with your world view?

It would if the story was the same, each time someone storms in, throws someone off the boat, unleashes dogs, etc etc. Not the same stories, different persons. Sorry but ever since the first Intifada and the lies the Palestinians have gave to the press I do not believe a word they say. reference: pallywood

Pimpwerx

Aaron said:
Why should the people who voted be punished? Because they made the 'wrong' choice in the eyes of the rest of the world? That's not democracy. That's a cruel joke.
"I've said it once and I'll say it again, democracy doesn't work." PEACE.

jorma

is now taking requests
soul said:

So the more witnesses we hear from, the less credible their story is? Because every time they mention the deaths it adds to the alleged death toll?

That's the essence of your claim here.

soul

KRS7 said:
If I was living in fucking bombed out shithole with limited food, water, and medical access. And my choice was to continue to live in squaller, fight and probably die for this little piece of middle eastern hell, or GTFO of dodge with a fat paycheck. I know what I'd do.

You are a crazy person then, your mentality sucks. Learn from what Israel have done back in 1948; The Palestinians should stop shooting missiles, stop buying arms with the money you should get food with, stop building bombs to use on buses and hotels, stop building tunnels to move terrorists across the borders and start improving your life by repairing buildings, invest in education, try and achieve true peace, etc.

What I'm saying is that the Palestinians should work towards bettering their way of life instead of trying to bomb the other side. Once that happens I assure you Israel will lift the blockade and everything will be better, as an Israeli who served in the military, no one here wants bloodshed.

jorma

is now taking requests
soul said:
You are a crazy person then, your mentality sucks. Learn from what Israel have done back in 1948; The Palestinians should stop shooting missiles, stop buying arms with the money you should get food with, stop building bombs to use on buses and hotels, stop building tunnels to move terrorists across the borders and start improving your life by repairing buildings, invest in education, try and achieve true peace, etc.

But you are IDF - or so you say - that means you are the counterpart to hamas soliders and hizbolla. Their mentality is your mentality.

Pimpwerx

soul said:
It would if the story was the same, each time someone storms in, throws someone off the boat, unleashes dogs, etc etc. Not the same stories, different persons. Sorry but ever since the first Intifada and the lies the Palestinians have gave to the press I do not believe a word they say. reference: pallywood
Wow! But you'd believe the IDF? Did you think about this at all?

It's very obvious who's wrong and who's right here. If the IDF was even remotely innocent, there would be other video that would support them. There isn't. They've only released their edited video while burying/destroying/confiscating any other independent video. Are these the actions of a party that is innocent? Answer that honestly.

The guilty can be accused of varying crimes, but they all act the same. The hiding of evidence is proof of evidence. PEACE.

soul said:

So whose land is the occupied areas from your point of view?

soul

jorma said:
But you are IDF - or so you say - that means you are the counterpart to hamas soliders and hizbolla. Their mentality is your mentality.

The I.D.F. stands for "Israel Defense Force". What we do is defend our country from terrorists who wish to kill us. Do you know what the agenda of Hamas is? Read up a bit, when elected they wrote and kept announcing in public they want to kill all Israelis, banish them from this land and conquer Jerusalem.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
soul said:
start improving your life by repairing buildings, invest in education, try and achieve true peace, etc.

Shame that there's a bunch of militaristic thugs who won't let them have building materials, then, isn't it? Sucks to be them, right?

soul said:
The I.D.F. stands for "Israel Defense Force".

That's alright, then. Because nobody ever calls their organisations anything misleading. George Orwell who?

jorma

is now taking requests
soul said:
The I.D.F. stands for "Israel Defense Force". What we do is defend our country from terrorists who wish to kill us. Do you know what the agenda of Hamas is? Read up a bit, when elected they wrote and kept announcing in public they want to kill all Israelis, banish them from this land and conquer Jerusalem.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly the sort of thing i would hear from any hamas soldier, only vice versa. Your mentality is their mentality.

soul said:

What I'm saying is that the Palestinians should work towards bettering their way of life instead of trying to bomb the other side. Once that happens I assure you Israel will lift the blockade and everything will be better, as an Israeli who served in the military, no one here wants bloodshed.

Take a look at this list and see if you can find some contradictions in your wishes.

201023NAC266B.jpg

http://www.economist.com/node/16264970

Fio

empty vessel said:
This coming from a guy who defends Pinochet. No, the military coup deposing a democratically elected government in Honduras was not a good thing. You are an authoritarian, and I think you are pathetic.

I've never defended Pinochet, never will. What I said is that the economic policies put in place by Pinochet were very efficient. That's not up to debate, as it's easily verifiable that Chile is by far the most developed Latin American country. Even the left political parties in Chile don't criticize Pinochet because of his economic policies. But I strongly dislike Pinochet because he was a dictator, you dislike him because he was a dictator who didn't share your ideologies.

empty vessel said:
Hugo Chavez has been democratically elected in free elections. Repeatedly. Just like you can't see military assaults, you also appear incapable of seeing elections.

I don't know if it's out of ignorance or malice that you consider elections the only essential part of what constitutes a democracy.

Aaron said:
Why should the people who voted be punished? Because they made the 'wrong' choice in the eyes of the rest of the world? That's not democracy. That's a cruel joke.

It's not 'wrong', it's wrong, without the quotation marks. During the campaign Hamas always stated that their goal was to destroy Israel and they would do as much as possible to achieve that (and they did), even though they were elected. So yes, the Palestinian people do have a lot of responsibility for what's happening in Gaza right now.

Ember128

fortified_concept said:
Video from the ship Sfendoni recorded by a Greek reporter working for the site of one of my favorite reporters. Don't expect any actual video though, it's mostly sound and it's the only thing the reporter could save. But you can hear the IDF shitheads shooting when their ships were approaching and before boarding the ship at 1 min.

http://vimeo.com/12285010
I know that who shot first was in dispute, but...
Fucking Zombie Murphy Jesus Shit Motherfucker.

If the IDF boarded a ship, were attacked, and defended themselves, that's one thing, and thats a "I can understand, that can be justified to some extent" kinda thing.

But if the IDF shot first, as in, were approaching boats with people who had no firearms, and opened fire, there isn't any justification that flies for that. That's murder.

GhaleonEB

soul said:
If the Hamas manages to pass anti tank rockets, other types of missiles, bombs and firearms through the borders I'm sure they can get everything else, no?
What does that have to do with the restrictions on food and supplies he posted? You seem willing to excuse everything.

soul

jorma said:
I'm pretty sure this is exactly the sort of thing i would hear from any hamas soldier, only vice versa. Your mentality is their mentality.

Is the agenda of our government killing all Palestinians? No, it is not. Unlike Hamas, we do not wish to kill anyone, we only respond when a response is needed. If Mexico would shoot rockets daily into U.S. land I have no doubt what the army would do in response.

This is a never ending cycle, Israel tried to break the chain by giving the Palestinians parts of the land and evacuating 5000 of it's own civilians, but instead what the Hamas has done is burn the Temple, re-arm itself over the months, attempted to kidnap a soldier (Israel raided a tunnel in the Palestinian side that was planned to be used - I myself have been in that operation) and shoot rockets from that land - which is an irony since now they reach even further into Israel territory. Would you, as a leader, accept that a terrorist organization shoots rockets into one of your cities with population over 100,000? No.

KRS7

soul said:

I'm crazy. hmmmm.....

Let me see.

Would I rather live here:

gaza_wall_0201.jpg

gaza-children-looking-for-food-in-a-garbage.jpg

Or have a new place to live and 100 grand. Hmm tough choice.

I'm sorry but my mentality is more sane than most people's in the Middle East. I see no problem bribing belligerent sides into separating from each other permanently.

Tamanon

Banned
soul said:
Is the agenda of our government killing all Palestinians? No, it is not. Unlike Hamas, we do not wish to kill anyone, we only respond when a response is needed. If Mexico would shoot rockets daily into U.S. land I have no doubt what the army would do in response.

This is a never ending cycle, Israel tried to break the chain by giving the Palestinians parts of the land and evacuating 5000 of it's own civilians, but instead what the Hamas has done is burn the Temple, re-arm itself over the months, attempted to kidnap a soldier (Israel raided a tunnel in the Palestinian side that was planned to be used - I myself have been in that operation) and shoot rockets from that land - which is an irony since now they reach even further into Israel territory. Would you, as a leader, accept that a terrorist organization shoots rockets into one of your cities with population over 100,000? No.

No, your agenda is just starving them:p

soul

Tamanon said:
No, your agenda is just starving them:p

Say whatever you want, but ever since the fence and the blockade started the amount of rockets and suicide bombings has dropped. Not because Hamas isn't trying, though, but because the advanced surveillance equipment on the fence helps control the area more.

You don't hear about all the attempts to kill Israelis, there are weekly attempts to kill and injure Israeli civilians. Problem is only when Israel attacks the terrorists who try to destroy it the media cares, not when Israel itself is attacked by the same "peace activists", a.k.a terrorists.

Tamanon

Banned
You're right, the media is vastly anti-Israel. You could really tell that this past week. So anti-Israel.

But remember, your own leaders stated your goal was to starve the Palestinian people.

soul said:

I feel really tempted to answer that one with a emoticon, but I will try to keep this serious.

That video was not really flattering to the Israelis, such militant stand and total ignorance of the people living in the occupied areas is really scary to see.

So the Israelis are free to build settlements where ever they feel like in the occupied areas, that is what Mr Kedar from Bar-Ilan University, Tel Aviv claims.

Do you share his view?

soul said:
Is the agenda of our government killing all Palestinians?

No, the Israeli state agenda is to get them out of those territories by resettling their lands and making their lives miserable through lack of medicine, lack of shelter, starvation, etc... Bombing and shooting Palestinians are just a couple of the many ways that this is being accomplished.

soul

KRS7 said:
I'm sorry but my mentality is more sane than most people's in the Middle East. I see no problem bribing belligerent sides into separating from each other permanently.

I don't know about you but Israel is my country, I will never leave it although my life is at constant stake, a war could break any minute now and thousands of missiles are already targeted at Tel-Aviv by Syria and Iran. I will not leave the country the bible says has been given to us by God. I am not that religious but my friend, you never leave a home.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
soul said:
Is the agenda of our government killing all Palestinians? No, it is not. Unlike Hamas, we do not wish to kill anyone, we only respond when a response is needed.

Then you're fucking incompetents, given the huge list of innocent civilians you've managed to kill in the process - again, far more than these terrorists have managed to kill of yours.

The idea that the only way to deal with a terrorist organisation is the way Israel has is, thankfully, laughable.

soul

happyfunball said:
No, the Israeli state agenda is to get them out of those territories by resettling their lands and making their lives miserable through lack of medicine, lack of shelter, starvation, etc... Bombing and shooting Palestinians are just a couple of the many ways that this is being accomplished.

Bombing and shooting terrorists, not civilians, that's your mistake. If someone would come to your house at the middle at the night, just like that, and murder your kids and your wife with a kitchen knife, and then kill you while you watched how life has just been destroyed in one minute, would you not search and find the men who sent him across the border? Of course you will. So do we, we retaliate, our blood is not cheap, our life are important to us.

Tamanon

Banned
soul said:
I don't know about you but Israel is my country, I will never leave it although my life is at constant stake, a war could break any minute now and thousands of missiles are already targeted at Tel-Aviv by Syria and Iran. I will not leave the country the bible says has been given to us by God. I am not that religious but my friend, you never leave a home.

So then why are you forcing others to leave their homes?

soul said:
If the Hamas manages to pass anti tank rockets, other types of missiles, bombs and firearms through the borders I'm sure they can get everything else, no?

That was not what you wrote. You thought the Palestinians should educate themself, rebuild their houses, etc, and live peacefully. Yet you refuse them books and newspapers and construction material. Don´t you see you are just fueling their hate, no one starts to love their oppressor more when getting more oppressed. Is that really so hard to grasp?

soul said:

What you do is the same that the Gestapo and the SS did. You kill civilians, women and children. You always claim that "poor of us we are just defending from terrorists" when you commit acts that would make a "terrorist" feel shame.

What a bunch of nazi cowards you are.

jorma

is now taking requests
soul said:

It's just a shame that the world allows a nation (that looks more and more like a rouge terrorist nation) to invade Gaza and do as they please with the civilian population.
And then proceeds to allow them to hijack a vessel filled with civilians on international water.
IDF has commited a lot more acts of terrorism than Hamas ever did. Something that is reflected in the number of civilian casualties on either side in this conflict.

Crazy world.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
soul said:
Bombing and shooting terrorists, not civilians, that's your mistake.

Did you look at that list of children who've died in this conflict that was posted earlier, or was that too uncomfortable for you? Damn those 8-year-old terrorists, they deserve everything they get, right?

soul said:
If someone would come to your house at the middle at the night, just like that, and murder your kids and your wife with a kitchen knife, and then kill you while you watched how life has just been destroyed in one minute, would you not search and find the men who sent him across the border? Of course you will.

No, I'd be dead. Are you now claiming the IDF are zombie hordes?

soul said:
So do we, we retaliate, our blood is not cheap, our life are important to us.

Palestinian lives, however, are apparently cheap from your point of view. And you don't have the brains to see that exactly the same attitude exists on the other side. Israel has killed countless kids and wives, brothers, fathers and sons, so by your reasoning, Hamas are entirely justified in seeking the destruction of the state that did this.

jorma

is now taking requests
soul said:

Oh boy. Yeah, you are different from the hardcore islamists. So incredibly different that it's impossible to tell you apart.

soul said:
Bombing and shooting terrorists, not civilians, that's your mistake. If someone would come to your house at the middle at the night, just like that, and murder your kids and your wife with a kitchen knife, and then kill you while you watched how life has just been destroyed in one minute, would you not search and find the men who sent him across the border? Of course you will. So do we, we retaliate, our blood is not cheap, our life are important to us.

Your ignorance of reality is astounding. The IDF has killed countless numbers of children in Palestinian territories to accomplish their goals. No amount of denial and ignorance can change this reality.

Your blood is as cheap as anybody else and by the way your government is acting, they don't seem to think the lives of their civilians or soldiers are anything important either.

jorma

is now taking requests
iapetus said:

Btw, how are the latest batch of testimonials misrepresenting what the activists claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom