• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered won't be sold separately

Falk

that puzzling face
Can't you guys just... pretend MW Remastered is a $60 (or whatevs) purchase and you get a free game with it?

I don't believe that they'd leave all that money lying on the table. It may take some time, but I bet it'll eventually be a standalone download.

Hope it's just a download code included with the game. That way people can sell them for a decent profit and others don't have to buy a game they don't want.

Kathian

Banned
Well it's away to keep sales up. We'll see different games packed in each year. Fine by me if the new game always comes with the remaster.

Pastry

Banned
I don't know why people expected otherwise. Its purpose is to drive sales of their latest game, not canibalize it.

post November 5th

"Because of the incredible demand and love all our fans over the world have for Call Duty 4: Remastered, we are are happy to announce that COD4 remastered will be available for purchase and download now"

notaskwid

Ufbr5ej.gif

Boke1879

Expected. They'd be stupid from a business standpoint to sell it separately. At least on launch day. I have no doubts it'll be sold by itself down the line.

That said. They got me. I'm hyped for IW and I'm hyped for this. Can't wait.

I wonder if Activision will make you launch MWR from the IW disc?

DarkStream

Of course.
They then can claim they sold a gazillion copies of Inifnite War in a press release.
It is crazy how they set this game up for success by including MW - At the same time, everybody whishes them to stop or radically change.

The snake really bites its own tail.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not when half the multiplayer maps are missing, no.

I mean, if you wanted to go further down the rabbit hole, you could say a remaster with all content present and accounted for isn't worth $60 to begin with.

Wasn't my point. ;p

Zemm

No one actually believes this right? They release it separately once the new games sells are running out of steam.

I wonder how many people will trade in infinite warfare, which would be silly because infinite warfare will be alright
I see both games as the best of both worlds, MW remaster for the old school great gameplay and infinite warfare for future exosuit style gameplay
we ready

post November 5th

"Because of the incredible demand and love all our fans over the world have for Call Duty 4: Remastered, we are are happy to announce that COD4 remastered will be available for purchase and download now"

probably after the holidays or during the holidays , they at least want the first week sales promo stuff

Top Bottom