• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare Remastered won't be sold separately

What could they say before the game is out?

Of course they're saying you need to pay the highest price.

I still believe the game will be sold separately sometime after launch.

nillah

Banned
Raven Software did the remaster, most likely by order of Activision. Its just being bundled with Infinite Warfare to maximize Infinite Warfare sales,which generally speaking, is very irritating.

I'll wait until campaign+multiplayer+mapDLC trifecta on disc for PS4 rolls around
The game is going to sell regardless of it being bundled with a remaster.

People tweaking over adjusting the perks, not being sold separately, MW2 remaster need to GTFO.

I'm not greatful for COD4 remastered, but I am thankful.

bidguy

Banned
im almost 100% sure its going to be a seperate code in the box for physical and two licences for two seperate games for digital

the reason for this is the following. i pre ordered the game on xbone and it pre loaded both games seperately and it treats both as two unique, independent games. they also have different store ids so they are in no way connected to each other, other than being in the same bundle.

now you could say, hey, they could go the bioshock collection route and press everything on one disc while treating the games as seperate.

nope blu ray disc storage is limited and i have a hard time believing they can fit both games on one disc

its gonna be a code in the physical box 100% quote me on this

hydruxo

I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want this.

On one hand, I absolutely loved CoD 4 and it would be great to get back into the multiplayer again. I have really fond memories of playing it with friends back in high school.

On the other hand, forcing people to pay $80 and get Infinite Warfare too just to get the remaster is ridiculous.

I'm leaning towards waiting to see what happens a month or two after it comes out.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The game is going to sell regardless of it being bundled with a remaster.

People tweaking over adjusting the perks, not being sold separately, MW2 remaster need to GTFO.

I'm not greatful for COD4 remastered, but I am thankful.

'don't complain, be lucky your getting the game!'

But i didn't really NEED a remaster of MW in the first place, its not as if i'm some kind of huge COD fan. If Acti wants my money, they have to make it worth my while for an almost 10 year old game.

nillah

Banned
'don't complain, be lucky your getting the game!'

But i didn't really NEED a remaster of MW in the first place, its not as if i'm some kind of huge COD fan. If Acti wants my money, they have to make it worth my while for an almost 10 year old game.
I agree I mean 9/10 matches on last gen are only unplayable messes spawned from hel

kevin1025

Banned
im almost 100% sure its going to be a seperate code in the box for physical and two licences for two seperate games for digital

the reason for this is the following. i pre ordered the game on xbone and it pre loaded both games seperately and it treats both as two unique, independent games. they also have different store ids so they are in no way connected to each other, other than being in the same bundle.

now you could say, hey, they could go the bioshock collection route and press everything on one disc while treating the games as seperate.

nope blu ray disc storage is limited and i have a hard time believing they can fit both games on one disc

Those that pre-ordered get the campaign 30 days early on PS4 (on October 5th), and is mentioned to be a digital code, so yes, you are right.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I agree I mean 9/10 matches on last gen are only unplayable messes spawned from hel

i haven't played COD multiplayer in years, i usually only play the campaign and maybe W@W zombies on PS3 every once in a while. There are still about 2000 people playing online at any time, it really is a marvel of technical accomplishment

NateDog

I already said this on the last page, this info on the physical version at least has been on the Activision page for ages.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ
4. Will Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered come as a separate disc?

No, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. Internet connection required

nomis

Raven Software did the remaster, most likely by order of Activision. Its just being bundled with Infinite Warfare to maximize Infinite Warfare sales,which generally speaking, is very irritating.

I'll wait until campaign+multiplayer+mapDLC trifecta on disc for PS4 rolls around

If by irritating you mean a completely legit bonus for purchasing their main product, of which it makes complete sense they wouldn't want to cannibalize sales of

MMaRsu

Banned
If by irritating you mean a completely legit bonus for purchasing their main product, of which it makes complete sense they wouldn't want to cannibalize sales of

For the people who have been asking for years for a return to cod4, its very annoying you have to purchase something that doesnt interest you at all to gain access for it.

I bet if they released this at 40 it would still sell gangbusters.

I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want this.

On one hand, I absolutely loved CoD 4 and it would be great to get back into the multiplayer again. I have really fond memories of playing it with friends back in high school.

On the other hand, forcing people to pay $80 and get Infinite Warfare too just to get the remaster is ridiculous.

I'm leaning towards waiting to see what happens a month or two after it comes out.

I've decided I don't want it, I really don't want to play the campaign or multiplayer again.

As much as I loved playing the game through the first time I know I would be feeling like I've done this before after the beginning boat scene.

I'm just going for infinite warfare

For the people who have been asking for years for a return to cod4, its very annoying you have to purchase something that doesnt interest you at all to gain access for it.

Hahaha, 40. Try 59.99 and it'll still sell.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Yes after they've sold the Legacy edition to get the imptatient people. It'll still sell gangbusters next year by itself.

This is why Activision earn millions and neither of us are in marketing :p

MMaRsu

Banned
Im not saying i dont understand it from a business sense but on gaf we are in the buying and playing games business not how can we squeeze more money out of consumers business :p

ghibli99

I can't believe I'm saying this (because I was originally miffed that MW wouldn't be sold separately), but after seeing a lot of the recent footage from Infinite Warfare, I'm starting to feel OK with buying it since I'm actually interested in playing it now. Hasn't been the case for me since MW2.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Im not saying i dont understand it from a business sense but on gaf we are in the buying and playing games business not how can we squeeze more money out of consumers business :p

Oh I definitely agree, thankfully I like the look of Infinite Warfare so I'll play both.

Y'know, I really thought this would get a standalone release at some point, but it has been nearly 5 months now, and perhaps it won't. Seeing as Activision are presumably going to confirm the next mainline COD instalment soon I kind of feel like the opportune time to release MWR standalone has passed. But who knows; maybe I'm completely wrong and they'll release it in a couple of months and it will sell all summer and keep the brand burning bright right up until the next game comes out and takes over.

Y'know, I really thought this would get a standalone release at some point, but it has been nearly 5 months now, and perhaps it won't. Seeing as Activision are presumably going to confirm the next mainline COD instalment soon I kind of feel like the opportune time to release MWR standalone has passed. But who knows; maybe I'm completely wrong and they'll release it in a couple of months and it will sell all summer and keep the brand burning bright right up until the next game comes out and takes over.
I'm thinking maybe more around the summer time or closer to COD:WWII so that the next Call of Duty doesn't get overshadowed by this announcement.

It'll also probably be stealth released because, again, they don't want to steal the spotlight for WWII.

Top Bottom