• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous: Second Son - First Light... standalone DLC announced! Fetch playable!

Amir0x

Banned
Link

A campaign add-on has been announced for Infamous: Second Son, and it stars Fetch, Delsin's Neon-powered companion, who is the playable protagonist.

Due out in August, Infamous: First Light will be sold standalone for those who didn't purchased the original title, though if you own the main game you'll get exclusive content.

iNvid02

the logo looks really cool, first light doesnt sound too bad either

uc9069B.png

Tsunamo

Curious to see how this'll be handled. I was expecting a new Desmond scenario with new powers so this is certainly different but I'm always up for more inFamous.

No way it's not a prequel

I'm pretty sure that was her at Curdon Cay though. Well actually, could be set before and after and during the main game or any combination of those.

Either way, I was hoping for moving the story forward too (didn't necessarily have to be with Delsin). I want from "excite!" to "oh... cool I guess" very quickly.

Focused on neon power...wonder if you can beat this one while you're asleep too.

All we wanted was ZA PAPAH powers, SP. Was that too much to ask?

Pimpbaa

Cool, I like Fetch. Will love to play as her. Although I hope her Neon power upgrades are different from Delsin's. Maybe it will be far more extensive since it's her "natural" power and has had it for much longer. I kinda wish it wasn't a stand alone game, because it will eat up more drive space than if it was just an expansion.

Ateron

Was hoping for the powers they teased us, and after all that work doing the paper trail it feels even worse. Maybe her neon is different than Delsin's, so if they build her powers better and add more things to do it might be good.

But I would have prefered a nice DLC with 3 extra powers, more missions (engaging ones) and more enemy types to fight against. User generated content should make a comeback. I don't see the point in having all these powers if, by the time you max them, you practically have nothing to use them on. USG solved that in IF2. I would gladly pay for something like that. There were a shit ton of bad missions, sure. But there were very good ones as well. Besides, you could easily create any kind of crazy situations for you to try your powers, from semi-civil wars between enemy factions to melee gauntlets against infected, to mini platforming sections (there was one someone made that had a tower maybe 2x the size of the tallest building in New Marais).

Even though the powers (at least one) should have been offered for free as a reward for completing the paper trail. Even though this might help flesh out Fetch's story and personality, I think they should have done this in the main game. Characters come and go and barely get any exposition, apart from delsin's relationship with his brother.

But don't worry cause they're now releasing it for you to pay! This is what I don't like.

Hoodbury

Neon was my favorite power but I used it enough. Don't think I'd pay for DLC to use the same power again even though it's through a different character. I do like Fetch though.

Kinsei

Banned
Let's take a game where the biggest draw was plying around with different power sets and create some DLC that forces you to use only one! Thanks Sucker Punch!

They should have made something that takes place in the post game and gives Delsin new powers.

vypek

No need for a new power for me. I think it will be fun and add more to her story. That is enough for me for a standalone DLC

Banned
This was an awesome announcment. I wonder if they'll do one for Eugene, Augustine or Hank? Explore their pasts?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I never really understood why if you put giant metal thing on a conduit they're suddenly unable to use their abilities. Oh well. At least the devs recognize Neon was the best power in the game.
Kind of meaningless to go into Fetch's past however because... well, it's already in the game?

Should've been Eugene. Gaffers can relate to him.
No we can't

Top Bottom