• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFamous: Second Son - First Light... standalone DLC announced! Fetch playable!

I was hoping for some post game content to be added to actually give reason to play after getting Concrete powers. I actually liked Delsin too so I doubt ill be getting this.

Man I got so hyped thinking this was going to be about (Second Son ENDING SPOILERS)
Delsin breaking all the conduits out of prison. I was really hoping for new powers

But I like Fetch and Neon was the second best power. I really hope she plays much different than Delsin.

Kuldar

Playing as Fetch? Cool.

Yeah playing Delsin with new power would be great, but it's more something for a new game than for a DLC.

Endo Punk

A surprise that Im quite happy with. Although after using numerous powers just sticking to neon is going to be tricky, hopefully the missions are a lot more interesting. If they are going to use Seattle again I hope they don't lock out the whole map like FOB, maybe that's the extra content for people who own Second Son.

mindsale

I kind of feel like this DLC is a downgrade. Yay, fewer powers.

I do like Fetch, though, she's spunky. And no, not because her backstory stated she was a prostitute. Get your mind out of the gutter.

Lo-Volt

I vaguely recall she had a slightly different list of moves with her neon ability, so I expect that we'd be able to use them a bit differently than Delsin. And neon was honestly my favorite of all the Second Son powers. Also also, Second Son was a little on the short side unless you were trophy hunting, so I welcome more inFamous as a rule. So, yeah, I'm down for this.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
the logo looks really cool, first light doesnt sound too bad either

uc9069B.png

i do really really love the logo/name

the dlc itself i'll probably skip. enjoyed ss, love that they're using a female protag & neon infinite run is pretty sweet but i'm kind of done with that world.

Moongazer

If there was one thing I was disappointed with Second Son was with the lack of Fetch and Eugene in most of the game. They only appeared a couple times and that was it so I'm okay with them focusing on Fetch and hopefully Eugene as well in dlc expansions.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm very excited for this, firstly, snow is super awesome, we all know that, secondly, standalone is super awesome, we all know that.

Panthers

I feel like there is so much they could add to the game world. The game was fantastic but a lot of untapped potential. Like extras and side missions/ exploration things. Idk, I had a lot of fun but it was very straight forward.

geordiemp

I'm very excited for this, firstly, snow is super awesome, we all know that, secondly, standalone is super awesome, we all know that.

Is the snow ? I must f missed it

Anyway, cool with Fetch and neon...Am okay with using the city again if its covered in snow....

Just want to fight some different enemies with those powers.

Finished game on expert on good / bad - got just about every trophy bar 2 I think...

I just had enough of fighting DUP...

I don't know, give us rogue bad conduits / warewolves / something different. Look back on Past infamous - we had mech robots, neon monsters, ghost guys...

Come on Insomniac, give me something different to kill.

esterk

I hope they go more in depth with her powers. I can't see anyone wanting a dlc that is just basically Delsin not having access to anything aside from neon.

dralla

Neon wasn't any fun to use in combat. If they add neon 'grenades' and 'rockets' and make it fun to use in combat, I'll get it. That dash kick thing she did looked fun as hell

Awesome, will buy.

Good idea to make it standalone.

Though the size will be big, 20GB?

Hopefully if you have the game it will be a smaller add on then if you are getting it as standalone. I assume it was use locations from Second Son, but I don't think they have said or not.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Looking forward to this. Neon was the best power in Second Son, and Fetch is a lot different than Delsin in how she uses her powers.

Also, I doubt this is the only DLC Sucker Punch is working on. Second Son was quite a hit for them, so I imagine they have more stuff in the pipeline.

geordiemp

Neon wasn't any fun to use in combat. If they add neon 'grenades' and 'rockets' and make it fun to use in combat, I'll get it. That dash kick thing she did looked fun as hell

Opposite man, the neon power sniper gameplay was the most effective on the hero mode (expert) for getting the super power.

The sniping slight slo mo never got old for me.

Also the neon super power was the most effective when a roof over your head (50 % of the hard fights)...

Smoke most effective on evil (expert setting)

Vid best for getting around.

mreddie

I do like Fetch and hopefully SP doesn't disappoint but I hope this isn't the only DLC(ish) thing they do with Second Son.

Fetch's neon powers did seem to be more pronounced, so I'm interested in seeing what they do to differentiate her powers from Delsin's.

Arrrammis

Man I got so hyped thinking this was going to be about (Second Son ENDING SPOILERS)
Delsin breaking all the conduits out of prison. I was really hoping for new powers

(spoilers from Infamous 1 and 2 follow, be warned)
A friend and I were hyping ourselves out thinking about what the next game would be... imagine if the evil ending was canon, and Delsin went to Curdan Cay to absorb all of the powers, and one of the conduits he found was John White (other conduits survived but were really weak, why couldn't he? He was one of the strongest). Then Delsin becomes the beast. Cole also survives, fails to kill Delsin (the beast), so Cole goes back in time to complete the cycle, trying to make his past self strong enough to kill the Beast.

Boom.

Going back to the OP, I am looking forward to this, having 4 totally different power sets is good, but what I really want more of in this game is engaging stories and missions.

Shin-Ra

ibdP7vqV4mPUBr.gif

In addition to Fetch's own kick melee, it looks like her neon effects are updated. The neon swirls and dropped sparks.

ibwMykKC2cJ3ks.gif

inJ137x4PLb9i.gif

I wonder if you'll be able to lay her neon art.

Some Nobody

Thoughts:

1.) Insomniac is doing literally everything they can to keep from implementing new powers. First Paper Trail, now this.

2.) If power stealing sticks around as a mechanic, I hope they take a long time to release their next game, so they can add a good mix of powers.

3.) Neon was alright, but
video
was the best power. Certainly for traversal.

BlazinAm

Thoughts:

1.) Insomniac is doing literally everything they can to keep from implementing new powers. First Paper Trail, now this.

2.) If power stealing sticks around as a mechanic, I hope they take a long time to release their next game, so they can add a good mix of powers.

video

wut.

i-Lo

That landing pose in the last gif is one of the best I have seen; something out of over the top anime without being as over the top.

Thoughts:

video
What makes you think that? The skill of paper trail was being smart enough to work out the clues using not only the game but (snooping through) various websites and fun things it was a completely different take on the normal gameplay associated with inFamous and wasn't about giving us a new power. That and why would I want a new power six weeks after I have finished the game? I'd be quite annoyed.

Your second point was fair enough but I disagree with the third. Neon was my favourite power followed by smoke/
concrete
and
video
was easily in last place for me, didn't find it fun at all.

Shin-Ra

if there's a photo mode or even if there isn't I'd like to do a contest again just for the DLC
Photo mode returns.

http://suckerpunch.playstation.com/...is-august&catid=68:second-son-page&Itemid=126
My name is Jason Connell, and I’m one of the Creative Leads on inFAMOUS First Light, the new standalone inFAMOUS title for PS4 that we just announced at the PlayStation press conference tonight. As someone who worked on the original cutscenes that we used to announce this character before, I’m pretty excited that my first PlayStation.blog post revolves around the return of my favorite conduit from inFAMOUS Second Son: Abigail “Fetch” Walker.

Played once again by the brilliantly talented Laura Bailey, Fetch is back — and her story is not an easy one to tell. There is heartache, drug abuse and abandonment. Playing as Fetch, you’ll experience the events that transform her into the conduit you met in Second Son. You’ll see her cope with life in Curdun Cay (the high alpine prison) after being captured by the DUP, and experience what happens when her brother Brent goes missing – and how far she will go to find him.

In First Light, you will be able to explore new environments, such as Curdun Cay itself and the beautiful snowy mountaines around it. You’ll also revisit the city of Seattle, this time through the lens of Fetch’s neon-tinted glasses. Of course, it wouldn’t be an inFAMOUS game without awesome powers. This time around, you’ll see firsthand that Fetch has her own flavor of neon that is unique to her character and tone.

In Second Son, we made great progress on our lighting engine, particle effects, and our ability to give characters richer personalities using facial motion capture techniques. We’ve continued to use these tools to not only develop Fetch more as a character, but also to bring you to new environments as well. And for those with a photographer’s eye, I’m pleased to confirm that Photo Mode is included in First Light. I’ve been super impressed by the quality level of screenshots shared with #PS4share on Twitter. The details that fans captured are impressive, so I’m excited to see what gets shared when people start playing!

First Light will be releasing this August, and will be available digitally through PlayStation Store as a standalone game. We also have some fun exclusive content in the game for those who own Second Son; we are excited to announce that exclusive bonus content will be available for customers who own both inFAMOUS First Light and inFAMOUS Second Son.

KJRS_1993

I'm hugely confused.
Why are people so fond of Fetch? Her and Eugene have about half an hour of screen time each. The only side character who is around for the entire game is my main man Reg.

sjay1994

Not sure if posted, but the gamespot E3 interview for first light, Nate Fox said that fetch's moves are basically things that were cut for Delsin, because in the early stage of second son, Neon was too good, and it was all people used.

So Fetch will have all the uber neon moves that were cut for delsin.

Top Bottom