• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest game in your collection?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case.

hey there, if you don't mind can you drop me a PM with your details? I have a friend trying to track who exactly owns the cases (he's been tracking from the original competition winner list + sales etc) :D

Darkpen

Banned
rarest game...?

uhh...

I'm assuming that's excluding signed stuff, since that's kind of artificial.

Well, Disgaea for PSP was discontinued no more than 3 months on-shelf, so I guess that D:

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - gold cartridge.

15ho5dy.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden II and FFVII are the ones I have that fetch the most on eBay. Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 (Eternia) are fairly rare. Used to have Tactics Ogre on the PS1, but I never played it, so I sold it.

DCharlie said:
hey there, if you don't mind can you drop me a PM with your details? I have a friend trying to track who exactly owns the cases (he's been tracking from the original competition winner list + sales etc) :D
oh, I was just checking to see if anyone actually pays attention to these things.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
truly101 said:
Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden II and FFVII are the ones I have that fetch the most on eBay. Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 (Eternia) are fairly rare. Used to have Tactics Ogre on the PS1, but I never played it, so I sold it.

This is where folks are confusing rare with expensive. Those games aren't rare. Somewhat expensive to get? Yes. Rare? Not really.

God's Beard said:
oh, I was just checking to see if anyone actually pays attention to these things.

WTF?

Evander

"industry expert"
To be fair, it is rare because I "made" it myself.

But I don't really know what else of mine is rare. I live in a metropolitan enough area (DC Baltimore corridor) that all manner of rarities go in to and out of used games stores.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
What is consider rare on PS2?? I have over 150 games for ps2 alone. My entire collection is about 300 games that is between PS2, xbox, xbox 360, and ps3. well I only have 10 Playstaion 3 games. Now 2 years ago I Know I had alot of Sega games. For the saturn I had Panzer Dragoon saga, Guardin heroes, Saturn Bomberman, Burning rangers, christmas Nights, Shining force 3, House of the dead, Sonic jam< Radiant Silvergun, and alot more. I had about 91 Sega saturn games. I had alot of Dreamcast games..80.

Iam now selling all 35 of my Gamecube games, and as of last week I had Metal gear solidL the twin Snakesm fire Emblem, and Tales of synphonia.

I know for the PS2 I have Devil Digital Saga 1, and 2, with the box. Metal Gear solid 3subtance. And alot more. But as i said earlier what all is now considered rare for the PS2???

Tenbatsu

Zombiesaurus said:
Any idea how much this is worth now? I've been meaning to sell my copy for ages but have had no luck putting a value on it.
Not sure if you can still find that in Japan or Hong Kong but here in Singapore chances are close to zero.

DCharlie

Judgement Silversword for the Wonderswan Color.

i sold mine recently :(

actually looking a few pages back i see a while host of shooters that didn't survive the great DCharlie sell up of 2008 :/

biocat

I actually bought two when it first came out, but sold one of the copies. Shooters always end up being the rarest games considering how small the print runs usually are.

I also have a LE copy of Borderdown, which is probably worth more than Judgement Silversword.

bddc_l.jpg

DCharlie

I also have a LE copy of Borderdown, which is probably worth more than Judgement Silversword.

yeah - it is, at least in Japan.

I got 15,000 yen for Border Down (the same edition as yours with the music CD extra) just selling it direct (too lazy to auction)

Evander

"industry expert"
dork said:
buy an orange dvd case and make your own

It's not just any orange dvd case. It is just the right hue and translucency to match the green dvd cases. The corners and clips and everything also appear to be from the same mold.

It is from a copy of "Where The Wild Things Are" from a Maurice Sendak boxset, if anyone is looking to do the same themselves.

Tenbatsu

Shadow780 said:
Very nice.

Can you tell me more about the ZOE packages?
I only have ZOE2, inside consist of the game, artbook, Soundtrack and a plastic plate(dunno how to describe that). It also come with a free poster.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Here are a few choice pics of my rarest stuff:

denden07.jpg

den01.jpg

(yes, yes, I realize the hat makes me look like a cancer patient)

famicomtantei.jpg

neogeoold.jpg

(this is not all of my neo geo games, but an old photo of my initial buys)

coll1.JPG

Evander said:
It's not just any orange dvd case. It is just the right hue and translucency to match the green dvd cases. The corners and clips and everything also appear to be from the same mold.

It is from a copy of "Where The Wild Things Are" from a Maurice Sendak boxset, if anyone is looking to do the same themselves.
:lol I always took you for a geek but...damn...

Serious? You did all that?

Shadow780

Tenbatsu said:
I only have ZOE2, inside consist of the game, artbook, Soundtrack and a plastic plate(dunno how to describe that). It also come with a free poster.

Impressive, hopefully I can get them before ZOE3 is announced :p

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
biocat said:
I actually bought two when it first came out, but sold one of the copies. Shooters always end up being the rarest games considering how small the print runs usually are.

bddc_l.jpg

Oh yes, I have the LE of Border Down as well.

Quake1028

Not sure about some of these:

REZ DC Japanese Version
Skies of Arcadia DC
Clubhouse Games DS (until the reprint)
Car Battler Joe GBA
Karnaaj Rally GBA
Ninja Five-O GBA
MGS: TTS Sealed GCN
Skies of Arcadia Legends Sealed GCN
FFVII Black Label
MGS3: Subsistence Sealed PS2
Sky Odyssey PS2
ZOE 2 Sealed PS2

I think I've posted this picture around these parts before but here it goes again:

metalslugessentials.jpg

Those really aren't all that rare though, at least not when it comes to US/Euro Neo Geo games. I guess it's a bit ironic when I think the least rare Neo Geo games there are Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5, both of which had a print run totaling 200-300. :lol As a well known console with officially released games the Neo Geo sort of kind of does a hell of a good job redefining the term "rare".

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The Mighty Schwein said:
I think I've posted this picture around these parts before but here it goes again:

metalslugessentials.jpg

Those really aren't all that rare though, at least not when it comes to US/Euro Neo Geo games. I guess it's a bit ironic when I think the least rare Neo Geo games there are Metal Slug 4 and Metal Slug 5, both of which had a print run totaling 200-300. :lol As a well known console with officially released games the Neo Geo sort of kind of does a hell of a good job redefining the term "rare".
No Metal Slug 3 for the 360, or Metal Slug 4/5 for the PS2? And what about Metal Slug Advance? If you went that far out on the games, why not get a full set :lol
How come no one has photographed any virtual boy games? Or steel battalion? lol
Someone did photo Steal Battalion

DCharlie

How come no one has photographed any virtual boy games? Or steel battalion? lol

even point a camera at a virtual boy results in a headache :/

Steel Battalion - i so have to sell/throw out that controller. Thing is collosal.

Drkirby said:
No Metal Slug 3 for the 360, or Metal Slug 4/5 for the PS2? And what about Metal Slug Advance? If you went that far out on the games, why not get a full set :lol

I do have all those, and a few more. ;) I took that picture some time back as the "Metal Slug essentials". I'm not sure why Metal Slug Advance didn't make the picture, I probably just couldn't find it at the time.

Now that Metal Slug 7 has graced us this picture needs updating.

Ra\/en

2 Minutes Turkish said:
:lol

You know it's the GREY ones that are rare yeah? Everyone got the gold ones.

actually, I have the grey original zelda ocarina of time cartridge with the funky singing in the fire temple. supposedly that is fairly rare.

lherre

Accurate
The Mighty Schwein said:

metalslugessentials.jpg

Wow !!!! These neogeo metal slugs are awesome !!! I have all in japanese version except the first one (the rarest and more expensive one).

In the neogeo world I think the rarest think I have is this:

neo1bn7.jpg

neo2an0.jpg

Serial 8316. This machines are for rental only (the first models of neogeo) before the launch of the "domestic" machine with the black box. I have a boxed controller with the same box (white and green).

This machines have different bios, not soldered to the board, plugged. Is easy to modify and put an universal bios. Is a bit different internally.

dark_chris

Gold Member
I just got this awhile ago.
I can't believe I am the only one who has this
This is the original 1997 version of Dragonball GT: Final Bout. Came out much before Dragonball came to the US

2l8ypnc.jpg

Top Bottom