• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest game in your collection?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I don't have many rare games but one that is rare (but worthless) is Whale's Voyage for the Amiga CD32, fun little RPG/Trading sim, I know of nobody else who have even heard of the game, let alone own it, heh.

Oh, Technically Virtua Striker 2 2000.1 is quite hard to find too, which is weird.

Oh, according to that Digi Press site, SC and MSR EU editions are getting quite rare too nowadays, *hugs Dreamcast*.

Flakster99

I own the following in complete form.

dw4box.jpg

wizardrybox.jpg

PS1box.jpg

NEO Frog

Banned
PSO Episodes 1&2 Plus (Gamecube)
PSO Book of Hunters (Japan)
PSO Art Book (Japan, not sure of name)
PSO Gamecube Official Strategy Guide
Panzer Dragoon Orta Soundtrack (I am willing to trade just look at buy/sell/trade thread)

painey

Heres another thing, I wanted Bioshock so I pre-ordered the collectors edition online, the release date came and went and the game didnt turn up so I got onto the people i ordered from and they sent another copy free of charge..
2741056025_6e46a920d7.jpg

So now I finally had my Collectors Edition, but I had got so annoyed with waiting I had gone out and bought the regular edition in a shop so the CE was now un-needed. Well I stuck it on ebay not expecting to make my money back seeing as the regular edition sells for around £20 and its currently got 3 hours to go and is selling for £60 (~$120). Cant quite believe it :lol :lol

painey said:
Heres another thing, I wanted Bioshock so I pre-ordered the collectors edition online, the release date came and went and the game didnt turn up so I got onto the people i ordered from and they sent another copy free of charge..
2741056025_6e46a920d7.jpg

So now I finally had my Collectors Edition, but I had got so annoyed with waiting I had gone out and bought the regular edition in a shop so the CE was now un-needed. Well I stuck it on ebay not expecting to make my money back seeing as the regular edition sells for around £20 and its currently got 3 hours to go and is selling for £60 (~$120). Cant quite believe it :lol :lol
The fuck? Those CE's are still very common in most Dutch stores.

Lunar 1: Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete

Ironically enough, bought both of these from Gamestop Used, and they had all their stuff in them. Knowing the manager FTMFW

Shenmue 2 PAL w/Gameshark DC

Ironically enough, got this game for $33.00 off of Ebay with the Gameshark a few years back, still havien't beaten it yet. Glad I got the Gameshark with it though... easiest way to get past the Region Encoding without having to mod your DC.

Record of Lodoss War DC

I'm a Lodoss Nut... have all the TV movies/anme series that I know of. Was walking through the one Gamestop in our area that still had some DC games (all in a bin) I saw about 50 copies of the various 2K sports games, and that. For $10.00. I was a happy camper. :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
zallaaa said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/9tcqr8.jpgIMG]

Subtle joke for the wiser![/QUOTE]

Shit does it really say Medium Level animated violence on the Aussie box? Am I going to have to go and check my box....

Kobiekun

Two of my rarest games:

Border Down LE
BorderDownLE.jpg

Snatcher
Snatcher_Outside.jpg

Snatcher_Inside.jpg

I also have got boxed complete copies of Crono Trigger and Earthbound, Panzer Dragoon Saga & Shining Force III (US Sat), Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (PCE-CD) and Radiant Silvergun to name a few.

I love threads like these. Seeing everyone's rare games make me feel like a kid in a candy store.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Let's see, I have a bunch of rare RPGs: Valkyrie Profile (PS1), SMT Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Etrian Odyssey 1 and 2, Persona 3 and Fes. My brother owns Suikoden II but never took it with him when he moved out. Also I own boxed copies of FF4, FF5, FF6, Super Metroid, DQ5, DQ6, DQ7. Loose versions of Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Lufia II and Earthbound.

But my rarest and most valuable games are probably Phantasy Star 1 (Mega Drive edition - something like only 5000 were produced), Radiant Silvergun, and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood.

Grampasso

I apologize for the bad quality of my Cell phone camera:

Collection.jpg

From up-left to bottom-right:

Shining Wisdom (USA), Shining Force III (USA), Shining The Holy Ark (USA)
Shining Force III (JPN) Scenario I, Shining Force III (JPN) Scenario II, Shining Force III (JPN) Scenario III
Xenogears (USA), Vagrant Story (USA), Metal Gear Solid Integral (JPN)
Albert Odyssey (USA), Evangelion Digital Card Library (JPN), Dragon Force (USA)
Burning Rangers (USA), Suikoden II, Saga Frontier II, Xmas Nights, Panzer Dragoon Saga

Others things I didn't care to search for: SNES Chrono Trigger USA, SNES Terranigma EUR, SNES Mazinger Z JPN, Valkyrie Profile PS1 USA (First Edition), Lunar Silver Star Story: The Complete USA, Brave Saga: Brave Charge Box LTD Edition JPN

ziran

Probably Radiant Silvergun.

...which is a very good game, but suffers from way, way too much hype! It's defintely worth a play and a few replays, but it's nothing like as astounding as some people want it to be.

Other rare games I have, or at least games I think are rare ;)

SNES - Japanese Final Fight Guy with mini CD soundtrack
SNES - USA Super Metroid
SNES - USA Earthbound
SNES - USA Secret of Mana
SNES - USA Chrono Trigger
SNES - USA Actraisers
SNES - USA Stunt Race FX
MD - USA McDonald's Treasureland Adventure
MD - USA Phantasy Star III with guide
MegaCD - Japanese Final Fight
NEO GEO - English NAM 75 cartridge
NEO GEO - English Samurai Showdown cartridge
NEO GEO - English Last Resort cartidge
N64 - Japanese Mario Kart/dual coloured controller bundle
PS1 - USA Lunar Silver Star deluxe package
Saturn - All the Japanese Capcom 2D fighters and those with the RAM expansion bundled
Saturn - Japanese Castlevania Symphony of the Night plus soundtrack CD
DC - All the Japanese Capcom 2D fighters
DS - Japanese Electroplankton

...and I'm sure there are others. Thinking about it, I'd hate to calculate the money I've squandered on games alone! Never mind all the Japanese import systems bought at extortionate launch prices...

What's interesting though is most of these so called 'rare' games wouldn't even come close to my top ten ever games (exceptions being Super Metroid, Earthbound, Actraisers). Just goes to show you what nostalgia and being stuck in the past can do for eBay prices! :lol

I think it's time to dump the past and rip people off make some money! :D

Kayma

This thread makes me miss my copies of Tron Bonne and Klonoa. I really need to be more careful about lending out my games.... :'(

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Went into a used game shop a few years ago. He had a stack of Saturn games that were all $6.50 or $7 each, somewhere around there. Walked out with Shining the Holy Ark, Shining Wisdom, Panzer Dragoon 1 and 2, Dragon Force (with one of the rare disc arts), and a couple others that I forget about now. That was actually my second copy of Dragon Force.

I also have Suikoden II and Electroplankton. Gah, I know I have a few that are slipping my mind.

Canti

Issun23 said:
2s16ukg.jpg

:D

This reminded me I have 5 copies of the same game. :lol
Nice! Never even seen this before.

I don't have any really rare games. I guess Twin Snakes, Gitaroo Man and Ikaruga GC would be the most uncommon ones I still have.

factory sealed ET for Atari

2dbplkn.jpg

but seriously, i dont have anything really rare, except for all the suikoden games, plus the brady games suikoden 2 strategy guide in mint condition.

takotchi

osumesu.png

Not my picture, but I have this with the original box, case, and manual. Found it on eBay for only a few bucks, in very good condition.

It's a GameBoy game that had Osutchi & Mesutchi (the original breedable Tamagotchi that only came out in Japan back in '98-ish). I think you can make them do it with a link cable and two copies of the game, but the really unique thing is that weird bulge at the top of the game pak. Even if you shut the power to the GB off, the Tamagotchi lives on and will beep for attention.

S. L.

Scalemail Ted said:
Wow didn't realize MGS:TTS was rare.

In MGS Twin Snakes, my name is used on one of the dog tags, in normal difficulty, location: canyon.
i don't think its particularly rare, but with the mgs4 hype a lot of older mgs games skyrocketed in price the last few months.

eXistor said:
I have it, but is that 8000 remark true? If so then it's rarer than I thought.

It may have been before it got reprinted. It's one of those games that Game Quest Direct got reprinted and untouched "used" copies started showing up at GameStop.

MechDX

I dont have anything overly rare.

Official Dreamcast Marracca's
Nyko DC VGA box and Nyko wormlight/battery pack for my NGPC
2-3 sealed DC games. 92 DC games overall including both MvsC's, both Powerstones and more.

And for some reaon a copy of Final Fantasy for the NES. I hate RPG's and dont have a clue as to why I have this.

Tarazet

DiddyBop said:
riviera:the promised land for the GBA. its pretty damn rare.

It actually sold extremely well by Atlus standards, something like 45K in the first month if I remember correctly. Nonetheless I was able to buy a copy off the shelf and flip it for $80 within the first week. Later on I actually played the game and loved it to death.

MightyHedgehog said:
Cool, I figured you guys would have. Too bad it was a really late release...seems like it could have had a decent following...at least to WD/SCD and Shadowrun fans of the mid-90s, anyway.

These are all considered rare?! I have them all and really, I thought they were all common. Digital Press' rarity scale seems wildly inconsistent.

I don't know... yeah, Digital Press definitely has some pretty questionable rankings there. Others make sense, though...

I think what may trip up some people is, as I said, price vs. rarity. Many games people think "this game is expensive so it is rare" but that isn't necessarily true... and on the other hand, being rare doesn't always mean that it'll be expensive. So those rankings could well be true -- because they are looking just at rarity, not price.

ty_hot

Go! Sports Ski,
I'm not the only one that bought this because I shared this piece of shit with 4 other "lucky" guys :lol

Quixzlizx

Suikoden 2, I suppose.

Other not so rare items:

Ogre Battle PSX with strategy guide, FF2(4), sealed Star Ocean 2, black label FFVII, Einhander.

Vormund

The following games I think are only rare as PAL versions:

Sonic R (saturn)
Last Bronx (saturn)
Samurai Showdown (SNES)

and

Neon Genesis Evangelion (N64 - NTSC-J)

Although the 13 Jaguar games I have you could probably call rare as well. lol.

SCReuter said:

And I refuse to believe Twin Snakes is rare!
Haha, that's fucking awesome. Are you the magical man in Brookfield, WI that snagged it from a Gamestop? I swear there's an old nerd's tale that goes around about it.

Nicktals

Banned
Cool thread, I love seeing some of the crazy stuff people have.

I don't really have anything, but I guess according to this site my copies of Duck Tales 2 and Snow Bros. for the NES are kind of rare. No boxes or manuals though :(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I have this weird like demo disc with this 30 minute epilogue ending to final fantasy 10.
I don't even know if it's really that rare, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Let's see:

Phantasy Star (1-4)
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Burning Rangers (not sure how rare)
Shining Force CD
Shining Force III (US)
Shining the Holy Ark
Magic Knight Rayearth (US Version)
Pretty much every other Working Designs game released for the Turbo Duo, Sega CD and Saturn
Suikoden II
a bunch of SNES RPGs
Klonoa / Klonoa 2

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Kazenone

Jtwo said:
I have this weird like demo disc with this 30 minute epilogue ending to final fantasy 10.
I don't even know if it's really that rare, anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think you mean Eternal Calm. In Europe it came with Unlimited Saga, not sure about anywhere else though.

Top Bottom