• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest game in your collection?

lherre

Accurate
If we speak only about "games" I have:

image00011hz1.jpg

image00014mr3.jpg

image00013tu1.jpg

image00015hj2.jpg

image00017uv2.jpg

dsc00109bf5.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

namco1hb4.jpg

namco2ko4.jpg

bluedragonsc5.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

metal.jpg

dsc01955pv2.jpg

dsc01956rl1.jpg

dsc01957xe2.jpg

dsc01958zg8.jpg

I haven't pics of all my staff yet (And I have to repeat all because this pics are poor)

I have more "rare" things, but are consoles or other things like:

Ps2 test, x360 devkit, ps2 automobile models (I have now the blue, white and yellow models), xbox panzer dragon orta, neogeo 0 (serial 8316 with white box), etc, etc

Liks this:

imagen16mr2.jpg

If you want to see more things I can post them.

I have a complete (used) version of Dragon Warrior IV, which would be my rarest game.

I've also got most of the PS1 RPGs that were released in America. Suikoden I/II, Ogre Battle: Limited Edition, Xenogears, Tactics Ogre, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, all of the Working Designs stuff, Thousand Arms, and so forth. Sold my copy of Valkyrie Profile, and never got my hands on the first Persona, Azure Dreams, Breath of Fire IV or either Vandal Hearts game, but other than that it's a pretty complete collection.

Well I've sold nearly everything of any real value but I've still got:

Doublejump's Nocturne guide
Twinkle Star Sprites for the Saturn
Non-GH Final Fantasy 8 and Vagrant Story

whoo

bounchfx

Struct09 said:
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition (US), still sealed.

probably this, unless you count rez or ikaruga as rare.

I had it pre ordered and wasn't even sure I wanted to buy it, but once I heard how low the supply was I snatched it up - I own all the other metal gears 3 times over anyway. kept it sealed, felt no need to play it. also got the saga with it sealed as well.. both of em

NotMSRP

What's the letter about in the Elemental Gearbolt suitcase?

Is there an archive of the Working Designs website? It had information like different disc covers and other info that I would like to have.

Was there a US LE of Devil May Cry 2?

I made two preorders of MGS3LE at Gamestop.com and Ebgames.com and got neither because of their screwup. :(

I can't find any black labeled God of War 2 copies here.

tmarques

DigitalA1chemy said:
Electroplankton is probably the only game I have that's fairly rare, at least as far as DS games go. It'll probably be worth quite a bit in 10 years or so, but I won't sell it.

Is Bangai-O for Dreamcast very rare?

I was in Japan in late 2005 and wanted to bring at least one game, so I grabbed Electroplankton - the large box looked cool and I couldn't find Ouendan. I hope you're right about it being worth something in a few years. Unlike you, I wouldn't mind parting with it.

Echoes

Not much but;

Zone of the Enders 2 (PS2)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN)
Super Metroid (SNES)
Hundred Swords (PC)
Gunbird 2 (DC)
Ogre Battle (PSX)
StarCraft 64 (N64)
Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2 (GBA)
World of Warcraft TBC Collector's Edition (PC)

All in excellent condition except for Ogre Battle because I just bought it from ebay (looking good from the pictures though).

STG!

Not my rarest game, but you gotta love those beautiful MD boxes. I'd like to get back into collecting this stuff.

EliminateDown.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
While not exactly rare, here are some games I think are noteworthy:

DSCF0126.jpg

Also, I have Gran Turismo Concept 2001, and Morrowind in the big box.

Edit: and a copy of Xenogears and Grandia

2DMention

Banned
NGPC

Evolution: Eternal Dungeons for NGPC (English)
Last Blade for NGPC (English)
Ganbare Neo Poke Kun
Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition
Gal Fighters

Saturn
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Dragon Force
Guardian Heroes
D&D Collection
Necronomicon Digital Pinball
KoF Collection

NES
Dragon Warrior IV

SNES
Wild Guns
Earthbound
Chronno Trigger
FF II
FFIII
Final Fight 3

PSOne
Dragon Quest VII
Thousand Arms
Lunar I & II
Tactics Ogre

Neo Geo
Samurai Spirits IV, V Special
Metal Slug X, 3, 4
Last Blade
Dunk Dreams

Dreamcast
Typing of the Dead
Cosmic Smash
Shemue II
Rez
MvC 2
3rd Strike

Many more...

andymcc

Banned
lherre said:
If we speak only about "games" I have:

image00011hz1.jpg

image00014mr3.jpg

image00013tu1.jpg

image00015hj2.jpg

image00017uv2.jpg

dsc00109bf5.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

namco1hb4.jpg

namco2ko4.jpg

bluedragonsc5.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

DSC01621.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

metal.jpg

dsc01955pv2.jpg

dsc01956rl1.jpg

dsc01957xe2.jpg

dsc01958zg8.jpg

I haven't pics of all my staff yet (And I have to repeat all because this pics are poor)

I have more "rare" things, but are consoles or other things like:

Ps2 test, x360 devkit, ps2 automobile models (I have now the blue, white and yellow models), xbox panzer dragon orta, neogeo 0 (serial 8316 with white box), etc, etc

Liks this:

imagen16mr2.jpg

If you want to see more things I can post them.

Please post more. This made my penis shrivel and my rather large rare game collection feel equally inferior.

Mantrid

Banned
capcom salamander collection (jap) | PSP
gradius iv (ps2)
cubivore (cube)
manic miner SEALED!!! from new, as in 1980's!!!! (speccy)

I_D

*Reads thread*
Wow, and I thought I was a nerd. :lol

The only "rare" game I have is a misprinted copy of Halo (the first one) on Xbox. The cover on the CD is wildly different from any other version I've ever seen.

I didn't even realize it was misprinted until I saw my friend's version of Halo.

Timo

The first disc of Panzer Dragoon Saga, FF7 (from what I can tell on people's sales prices on the thing), Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, and that's all I know is rare.

Crayon

I just grabbed some crap off the shelf to sell on EBay the other nite:

IMAGE19JPG.jpg

IMAGE08JPG.jpg

IMAGE01JPG.jpg

IMAGE27JPG.jpg

IMAGE12JPG.jpg

IMAGE16JPG.jpg

IMAGE22JPG.jpg

IMAGE14JPG.jpg

pcredbaron.jpg

Had a real bug up my ass. :/ Can't believe some of that stuff is for sale now. I think I have some much rarer stuff than that, tho.

Black Label FFVII
SMT: Nocturne and DDS (I guess those aren't exactly rare after the reprint)
PS2 Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Secret of Mana
Twin Snakes

I don't really know what is rare and what isn't. I have most of the noteworthy PS RPGs.

AniHawk

cart-only of Secret of Mana
mint-condition black label FFVII
Shinkawa/Kojima-signed MGS3: Snake Eater
Harvest Moon 64

Think that's about it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
This is the Only rare stuff I got.

Grandia.
img1219003968594.jpg

Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.
img1219003972760.jpg

Soul blade.
img1219003975969.jpg

Vagrant Story.
img1219003979136.jpg

Star Ocean 2.
img1219003982023.jpg

Omega Fucking Boost!
img1219003986917.jpg

Mgs 3 Subsistance.
img1219003999819.jpg

FF 8 For the PC!
img1219004003920.jpg

img1219004006790.jpg

Legend of Zelda for GC
img1219003990861.jpg

img1219003993716.jpg

Victorious Boxers! Best boxing game IMO.
img1219003996810.jpg

Ronabo

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Q*bert's Qubes (2600) - found at flea market for 75 cents.

I used to love finding rare 2600 games before eBay got big. I once bought Miner 2049er II and a few other rare 2600 games for a quarter a pieces and ended up selling them for $60 a piece.

Doodlebug

I don't collect rare games or anything, but I have a copy of the Limited Edition Grand Theft Auto for the PS1. Not even sure if anyone would consider that rare at all, but I think it's kinda cool. It includes a disc containing the game's soundtrack, which I always liked when I used to play the game.

PowderedToast

Well I own Guardian Heroes (though it's only the PAL version) and a number of DC games that usually still go at retail price, like Skies of Arcadia, MvC2 and Powerstone 2. That's about it really. I own very few other games because I tend to trade in most of my purchases. UK prices are too much for me right now.

Argyle

NotMSRP said:
What's the letter about in the Elemental Gearbolt suitcase?

Pretty sure it was an apology for taking so damn long to ship them out :) (yes I have one too - see, not so rare after all, now there's like 4 people in this thread who have one :)

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I guess I need to be on the same page as the rest of y'all when it comes to what you qualify as rare. To me a game that is rare is something that is very hard to find. That INCLUDES ebay. Twin Snakes is rare??? That's on eBay all day long. Hell, if you're in Minnesota, there's a used copy over at the Midway GameStop. I believe they're still selling it for 39.99.

I have a copy of the promotional disc of Zelda for the N64, but I'm sure most of the other folks in this thread do too. Same with Final Fantasy VII, and Dragon Warrior IV, and Super Mario RPG, and all the other games that get a decent price on ebay, yet everyone seems to have.

The only 2 games that I have that I would consider "rare," is a Magical Drop 3 homecart for the Neo Geo, and Bangaioh for the Nintendo 64.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Argyle said:
Pretty sure it was an apology for taking so damn long to ship them out :) (yes I have one too - see, not so rare after all, now there's like 4 people in this thread who have one :)

True, but one of them sorta had the inside scoop on getting one (ahem Mr. Ireland), so he doesn't count.

That makes three. and considering there's over 60 unique posters in this thread, that would mean less than 5 percent of the folks here, own that briefcase. Between that and the fact that you MIGHT see that sold twice a year anywhere on the net, yeah. It's rare.

Az987

all good things
UHM lets see

Shadowrun (Gen) Complete
Zombies ate my Neighbors (Gen)
Yggdra Union (GBA) Complete
SMT Nocturne (PS2) Sealed
Zone of Enders: 2nd Runner (PS2) Sealed
Steel Battalion (Xbox) Sealed

Probaly More, those are just off the top of my head

mr jones said:
True, but one of them sorta had the inside scoop on getting one (ahem Mr. Ireland), so he doesn't count.

That makes three. and considering there's over 60 unique posters in this thread, that would mean less than 5 percent of the folks here, own that briefcase. Between that and the fact that you MIGHT see that sold twice a year anywhere on the net, yeah. It's rare.

I'm sure Argyle is being sarcastic. You see everyone in the thread that has one all knows each other in person and we were all connected to the competition. It's rare since there are only about 50 of them. It's just a coincidence that all of us post on the forum. It really all stems out of #vidgames =)

God there's some fantastic stuff in this thread. Pretty much pales my collection, and I have a pretty big one too. I'm at work so I can't post pics, but off the top of my head:

Last Bronx - Saturn
Dark Saviour - Saturn
Half Life - Dreamcast
Twin Snakes - Gamecube
Klonoa 2 - PS2
Dark Sector - PS3 (Kinda counts, I'm in Australia and it got banned here so TECHNICALLY it's rare down here)
Donky Kong - Atari 2600

I'm sure there's others I can't think of though. I've also got Mario Bros and Climber Crystal Screen Game and Watch, rare as hens teeth, actually rarer.

Accessories wise, I've got Rob the Robot boxed for my NES. Dreameye camera with mic for Dreamcast. Again, there's so much more, but I can't think of all the really rare stuff off the top of my head.

Omega boost is rare??

The rarest thing I have at the moment is Chrono Trigger with the box, booklet maps/posters, etc.

...and FFVII with the sexy black label.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
distantmantra said:
I don't think so. I bought a mint copy a couple months ago for $5 on Half.com.

Shit seriously it took me forever to find a freaking copy of the game when back around the time it came out.

Gattsu25

Banned
I dunno, probably the non-GH version of SotN I have...too bad it's scratched all to hell (moved to new home, couldn't find it and when I did it was unusable...didn't have the heart to throw it out)

Top Bottom