• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rarest game in your collection?

Kobayashi

kKiller_Instinct.jpg

Great stuff :)

Chinner

Banned
I've probably got a few rare games that I'm not aware of, but the only thing that comes to mind is Streets of Rage 2.

NekoFever

Super Mario Bros signed by Shigeru Miyamoto
Mint sealed Super Mario RPG
Mint Chrono Trigger SNES
Mint Harvest Moon SNES
PAL Dreamcast Samba De Amigo (value probably dropped with the Wii version, but it used to go for ~£250)
ZOE2
Rez (PS2 and PAL Dreamcast)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Limited Edition (PS2)
NiGHTS Dream Pack (PS2)
Shenmue II (PAL Dreamcast)
Halo 3 Legendary Edition

Probably some more of my DC collection as well. I bought most of the big releases when they came out and some of them became very hard to find, especially the special editions (Code Veronica, Sonic Adventure 2, Grandia II, Shenmue and Shenmue II).

Several of the Capcom 2D fighters for Saturn, too.

zmet

Bootaaay said:
Megadrive games;
SP_A0325.jpg

]
Nice! I pretty much have the same rare games you do. Quick question. What's up with the Twinkle Tale cart? My copy doesn't have the Twinkle Tale name in black letters.

[Nintex]

I've got a boxed copy of Mega Man NES and RC-Pro Am which is quite RARE.
A couple of boxed PC games like Starcraft and Jazz Jackrabbit 2(I haven't seen many of these). Killer 7 and Tales of Symphonia PAL for GameCube, not sure if these are rare. A Zelda TP collectors box with sword/shield+cd and a Mario GameCube controller from NoE's star catalogue. And last but not least a Resident Evil 4 cardboard store display.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Oh, that reminds me.. I have a box for Super Mario Bros.

I know that -those- are somewhat rare. Hah.

zmet said:
Quick question. What's up with the Twinkle Tale cart? My copy doesn't have the Twinkle Tale name in black letters.

The printing on the sticker was starting to wear away, so the guy I bought it from hi-lighted the name, he'd also filed down the sides of the cart so it'd fit in an unmodified PAL megadrive - I would've preferred a mint copy, but they're usually too expensive on ebay and don't crop up often, so I was glad to find this slightly cheaper alternative.

Rayne.S

Banned
I really doubt anyone knows about this edition of ICO, so yeah, this would be my "rarest version of a rare game"

DSC01792.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

Have bunches of other stuff as well. Castlevania Saturn, Grandia 2 JP ( including soundtrack and artbook ), never released PAL PS2 version of Space Channel 9 part 2, Guilty Gear X DC JP including soundtrack on a tiny chopped up CD :D.

eXistor

I suppose some of these would be considered rare.

6z2b7r.jpg

11b0woo.jpg

2woks3q.jpg

np2po2.jpg

6hnldy.jpg

33bpshz.jpg

am6vjq.jpg

2s12dsw.jpg

23rn3m9.jpg

I had too many pictures as it is, but I have these as well which i think are rare-ish

all boxed and mint of course
CIMA: the enemy (GBA)
Kid Icarus (GB)
Zelda: AlttP (snes)
Zelda Collector's edition (GC, the promo disc with a bunch of Zelda games on it)
A bunch of Atlus games from the last four years or so.

Issun23

Rayne.S said:
I really doubt anyone knows about this edition of ICO, so yeah, this would be my "rarest version of a rare game"

I do. =P

There's also the equivalent of that of Shadow of the Colossus. It's a carton box with 2 DVDs inside - one with the press materials, the other with demos and videos of Shadow of the Colossus and several other Sony games + art cards. It also comes with the promo version of the game and a Shadow of the Colossus/ICO combo demo disc. I'll try to post pictures.

nny

wow, what's up with those editions of shadow of the colossus and ICO? Never seen them before..very cool.

I don't know how rare some of these are, some I've been judging by previous posts in this thread:

DSC03881.jpg

92698480a.jpg

Is there any online database of rarity of games?

Rayne.S said:
Have bunches of other stuff as well. Castlevania Saturn, Grandia 2 JP ( including soundtrack and artbook ), never released PAL PS2 version of Space Channel 9 part 2, Guilty Gear X DC JP including soundtrack on a tiny chopped up CD :D.

Sir, you win the thread, rarest of them all! :D

Netto-kun

Got all these games from my cousin in Hong Kong when I didn't know the difference between and real and a fake game. Super Mario Bros 3. is the only game that's original. The blue cart is a slightly buggy version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the side-scrolling Beat 'em up.:lol The rest should be...rather obvious.
SSL20992.jpg

SSL20993.jpg

The convertor/adapter cassette is needed so I can play the Famicom games on my European NES. The Zelda games are the real deal as well, too bad my NES can't play them.:lol
SSL20994.jpg

Excite Truck seems to be out of print (at least here in Norway), so I bought a used copy in mint condition. Found a used copy of Mega Man Network Transmission a couple of years ago. I never saw Ikaruga, Skies of Arcadia Legends or Baten Kaitos in any stores, so I had to buy them from Ebay. Got the Zelda: Collector's Edition a couple of years ago.
SSL20999.jpg

Is this one considered..rare? :p
SSL21000.jpg

Edit: Forgot this one.

SSL20931.jpg

Tenbatsu

Ramirez said:
Is the Sonic Adventure thing worth anything? I have that and I have no idea what made me want it, I was like 13 at the time and I got it from some import site. :lol
I bet the coin and soundtrack inside is worth something, keep it:D

Zombiesaurus

Neo Member
Tenbatsu said:
3. Super Robot Wars Alpha Limited Edition
Any idea how much this is worth now? I've been meaning to sell my copy for ages but have had no luck putting a value on it.

Other than SRW Alpha LE for PS1:
SAT - Panzer Dragoon Saga (PAL)
SAT - Astra Superstars
SAT - Thunder Force V special pack
DC - Under Defeat LE

eXistor

Tenbatsu said:
I bet the coin and soundtrack inside is worth something, keep it:D
I dunno I have it too and I got it for €10 or something and it seems there are a butt-load of 'em.

Issun23

Here it is, it's practically the whole European press pack for Shadow of the Colossus (sans standalone demo disc, which I have but is not pictured).

30dazrm.jpg

nny

Issun23 said:
Here it is, it's practically the whole European press pack for Shadow of the Colossus (sans standalone demo disc, which I have but is not pictured).

30dazrm.jpg

Press packs, hm? Are they usually this special? If so, it's time for me to join the press. P

Issun23

nny said:
Press packs, hm? Are they usually this special? If so, it's time for me to join the press. P

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus had some wonderful press packs. But not all games receive this treatment.

Rayne's ICO boxset is a press pack too but the first one I posted, the Shadow of the Colossus white box went on sale in Japan at the time of release. It's just the game, a necklace and a shirt tucked away in a big carton box. But there's only 1000 of them so it is kind of special too. Oh and it came in a Shadow of the Colossus themed bag and with a video disc.

robor

Is Street Fighter Zero 3 (JNTSC) for Satrun with complimentary RAM-CART considered rare? If so then that's the rarest thing i own. Was thinking about giving it to me friend with a Jap Saturn for his birthday, I just don't play it and he loves that game and what better way to play it then on the best home version. Tis a neat package though.

nny

Issun23 said:
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus had some wonderful press packs. But not all games receive this treatment.

Rayne's ICO boxset is a press pack too but the first one I posted, the Shadow of the Colossus white box went on sale in Japan at the time of release. It's just the game, a necklace and a shirt tucked away in a big carton box. But there's only 1000 of them so it is kind of special too. Oh and it came in a Shadow of the Colossus themed bag and with a video disc.

Thanks for the elucidation; well, I guess Team ICO delivers on all fronts. :D

eXistor

Kuramu said:
Though I expect there are quite a few gaffers with it, I am one of the 8000 or so who bought Cubivore.

I have it, but is that 8000 remark true? If so then it's rarer than I thought.

jvm

Gamasutra.
wmat said:
Tribes 2 for Linux:

121y7f5.png

I'm pretty sure noone bought this except for me - everybody and his mother pirated ported Linux games by Loki, that's why they went out of business. :(
Fairly certain I have that and almost all other Loki games. It helps to be friends with the programmers. :^)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I don't think anything in here is particularly rare, but I do like having a nearly complete set of Treasure games (plus some related memorabilia). Need to add Bangai-O Spirits to the pile and update the photo.

treasuregames.jpg

treasuregoods.jpg

mirageposter1.jpg
mirageposter2.jpg

There's a couple of things in here worth noting:

segastuff.jpg

Everyone says that PS1 for the Mega Drive is super-rare, but its going rate doesn't seem to reflect that.

Bootaaay said:
[tons of awesome]
Very nice.

Top Bottom