• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

sub_o

BpsnAzrCQAEiLXV.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda random, but their movie talk on last last week's podcast made me want to check out face/off.

What a great fucking movie.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been watching Giant Bomb for 6 and a half years now (Side note: HOLY SHIT) and I don't know if I will ever not laugh at Jeff needing a video game macguffin "For a thing I'm doin." Mega Coin Squad QL worth it just for that, and also for reaffirmation that Adult Swim Games publishes amazing things.

Myggen

I've been watching Giant Bomb for 6 and a half years now (Side note: HOLY SHIT) and I don't know if I will ever not laugh at Jeff needing a video game macguffin "For a thing I'm doin." Mega Coin Squad QL worth it just for that, and also for reaffirmation that Adult Swim Games publishes amazing things.

"I'm the Mega Coinest!"

edit: Loving the soundtrack in Trace Vector. The game looks pretty fun too!

Volotaire

I just have to say, props to everyone involved in Giantbomb Archived again. You guys have even started on Jeff's Twitch Channel videos, which numbers into the hundreds.

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the MGS feature and btw Drew says that DeGaulle was a commander in WW1 which is not completely wrong. Obviously his role in WW2 and post-WW2 is more important but whatever.

Lijik

"You guys have been hogging the rainbow the whole time, and i havent touched it once!"

Getting towards the end of the Persona 4 endurance run, really had forgotten how much Persona 4 Golden added to the end game. Original feels incredibly rushed and almost empty in comparison. Real shame about how Sony handled video capture on the Vita.

Gonna probably catch some flak for this, but when I first tried MGS on the PSX I didn't think much of it. It wasn't until I played Twin Snakes that I realized how amazing it was. I kinda wish Drew was playing Twin Snakes instead.

And gonna be weird when they get to MGS2. I thought the end of that game was such a slog that it marked the end of my time with the series altogether.

Myggen

Sooo are Metal Gear vids going to be daily or weekly?

Drew said that they're shooting for 1-2 videos a week (I think that if they were ever gonna do a "one video a day" feature, they'd call it an Endurance Run). He also said that the first video was recorded, not live, which makes me hopeful that they're gonna do some of these live too (which I'm guessing they will).

I love Twin Snakes but I think you'd maybe be doing yourself a disservice by having that be your introduction to MGS.

If it worked out for you, then, great! But I think by and large it's not the best way.

Gonna probably catch some flak for this, but when I first tried MGS on the PSX I didn't think much of it. It wasn't until I played Twin Snakes that I realized how amazing it was. I kinda wish Drew was playing Twin Snakes instead.

And gonna be weird when they get to MGS2. I thought the end of that game was such a slog that it marked the end of my time with the series altogether.

Everything in this post is so wrong.

ibp0fEIJiCLZfT.gif

Getting towards the end of the Persona 4 endurance run, really had forgotten how much Persona 4 Golden added to the end game. Original feels incredibly rushed and almost empty in comparison. Real shame about how Sony handled video capture on the Vita.

The stuff they added in Golden was just sugary fanservice. The ending of vanilla Persona 4 was fine.

I loved every fucking second of Persona 4 Golden. Every one.

Dragon

Banned

I wonder how much Playstation TV being available in the US will make them cover a Vita game or two.

The stuff they added in Golden was just sugary fanservice. The ending of vanilla Persona 4 was fine.

I loved every fucking second of Persona 4 Golden. Every one.

Heh, was referring to Winter in particular and how they expand on
Adachi's personality
Not to mention all the little events here and there.

About to watch the first episode of Metal Gear Scanlon. I haven't been this excited about a piece of Giant Bomb content in a while. I woke up and immediately started downloading it . I got my yakisoba and edamame right here for breakfast. Let's do this...

AcridMeat

Banned
Mega Coin Squad, another game I want to play with friends but can't because no online multi. :(

Also they should release a steam version of Puzzle Fighter 2.

Watching Metal Gear Scanlon right now, which is great since I was planning on playing through the series anyway.

They mention they're playing this on PS3. How does the Psycho Mantis battle work in that version? Does it have all the cool stuff in it still?

EDIT: Also, I've only every played The Twin Snakes. These cutscenes are very different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom