• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
The kits aren't perfectly balanced and if you're new to the game at lvl 1 you're going to get mauled by lvl 20+ players anyway. The fact that it will seem like they have another advantage due to having a wide variety of weapons to choose from doesn't help with making that feel less frustrating.

If you're new to the game you wouldn't play with lvl 20+ players in the first place.

I definitely feel like you more readily get better items in the shops as you level up and most if not all of the weapons for like the first 10 levels have much better counterparts later.

This is just a feeling though I don't really have any proof that says one way or the other.

If you're new to the game you wouldn't play with lvl 20+ players in the first place.

I'm level 17 and I routinely get matched with sub level 10. I'm almost certain I got a level 3 person at least once.

I stopped playing Splatoon 2 after I lost about six games in a row despite getting first place in my team every time. I'm not even great at the game. I will go back but it was frustrating to no end.

oti

Banned
I definitely feel like you more readily get better items in the shops as you level up and most if not all of the weapons for like the first 10 levels have much better counterparts later.

This is just a feeling though I don't really have any proof that says one way or the other.

More variety is always better, no question about that. I also don't know how well the match making works, since I'm playing since day one. But there's no weapon that dominates every other weapon in Splatoon 2. The Airbrush MC is my favourite for Turf War though.

Splatoon 2 is definitely different from other games when it comes to this though.

For those wondering why people were generally vague in regards to Nick Robinson, check out a twitter account called @mombot, looks like a person with a decent following is about to kick off gamergate 2.0

Oh no

Ooooh no.

The nick bashing was instigated by fem freq? I dunno what to think...

I stopped playing Splatoon 2 after I lost about six games in a row despite getting first place in my team every time. I'm not even great at the game. I will go back but it was frustrating to no end.

What did they change about the roller? I never played Splatoon 1 so I am very curious. I like the roller in theory but it just doesn't seem that effective in 2. I have been having a lot of success with the Enperry dualies lately , rapidly becoming my favorite weapon. I get a ridiculous amount of points with aerospray mg (think my best was 1500+ without win bonus) but I can't kill people reliably at all using it.

Meguro

Banned
As a word of caution, do not take anything Mombot says at face value.
They are a horrible piece of shit that should be banned from twitter.

scaffa

I played the game yesterday for the first time and i'm certain I got matched up with players that were lvl 20+.

It was a big mix of lower and higher lvl's.

It wasnt overly frustrating to play but I felt a real disadvantage going against players that have gear with more abilities and I guess more leveled up abilities? It was also kinda difficult to get a proper grasp of the game because of my lack of understanding of all the special abilities and what the different guns do.

Not being able to buy gear also sucked.

Uh, no? That interaction was months ago.

Check out Austin Walker's twitter from 15-16 hours ago, where he's retweeting people. ali_west, bloodyhoney_ also. Follow the replies, retweets, likes.

the gamergaters are making up a narrative that people are going after nick in retaliation for his disagreement with Anita.

oti

Banned
I played the game yesterday for the first time and i'm certain I got matched up with players that were lvl 20+.

It was a big mix of lower and higher lvl's.

It wasnt overly frustrating to play but I felt a real disadvantage going against players that have gear with more abilities and I guess more leveled up abilities? It was also kinda difficult to get a proper grasp of the game because of my lack of understanding of all the special abilities and what the different guns do.

Not being able to buy gear also sucked.

Well, that sucks then.

The gear thing is definitely super weird.

All in all I'd say to not get too frustrated at the beginning. Finish the singleplayer, jump into multiplayer and just play for a while. After that try new weapons. Get to level 10. Ranked is super fun (if your team mates aren't super bad).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
yeah real gamers play Rainmaker, the mode where people rush for the Rainmaker and just shoot with it until they die instead of DOING WHAT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO AAAAAH

That's why you gotta dunk the dunk.

You miss 100% of the dunks you don't dunk.

kiguel182

Finish the first area in Tumbleseed (the new mode they patched in) and altought the last area was bullshit I cheesed it and it was good.

The permanent updates you can choose that make more sense to you are great. Given how the main mode is super hard this makes tons of difference.

It's a great game.

Also, Breaking Bad Tumbleseed is still my new feature proposal.

the remnants of gamegate twisting themselves into knots to defend a fucking polygon guy is really something

also yeah, all this stuff sucks. i feel for his peers at polygon. very brave of those women to speak up considering his following and shitty this community can be

oti

Banned
Finish the first area in Tumbleseed (the new mode they patched in) and altought the last area was bullshit I cheesed it and it was good.

The permanent updates you can choose that make more sense to you are great. Given how the main mode is super hard this makes tons of difference.

It's a great game.

Also, Breaking Bad Tumbleseed is still my new feature proposal.

I just bought the game! \o/

I just realized we already hit 400 pages. My usual threat of making a Digimon themed OT if a new thread isn't made on time is still in effect.

I'm currently doing the finishing touches. I originally was going to post it after Blue Bombin' but the thing that I was supposed to do got delayed so working on the thread now. Should be up in an hour or less, give or take.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
the remnants of gamegate twisting themselves into knots to defend a fucking polygon guy is really something

also yeah, all this stuff sucks. i feel for his peers at polygon. very brave of those women to speak up considering his following and shitty this community can be

They aren't remnants. It's still way too big. Neogaf is kind of a bubble in that way.

Oh no

Ooooh no.

Anita's post was months ago after Nick made a comment about how everyone must secretly jack-off over a furry. Felix was referring to the events of last night and I'd hardly call a few tweets explaining why people might not want to come forward to be an investigation, I have a hard time seeing how it's related to Anita's Krystal comments. The only thing I've seen linking the Krystal post to this shit H.Bomberguy. I'm utterly unaware that the furry tweet happened until today so I've no idea what was being subtweeted at the time.

I brought it up because the people bashing Nick were doing it in a vague, sort've hesitant way. People like mombots are the reason why: they don't want to get threatened, harassed, doxxed.

What I'm wondering is how does that really stop that from happening when it ends up still being pretty obvious?

kiguel182

The beastcast was super fun as always. I get where Vinny is coming from with Splatoon but the others are right, it takes only a couple of levels to get the starter weapons.

But the game with the limited weapons + controls learning curve doesn’t give the best first impression.

And Alex is right, progress should be unified across all modes.

I just bought the game! o/

I hope you like, It’s having that “just one more run” effect on me.

They aren't remnants. It's still way too big. Neogaf is kind of a bubble in that way.
true, you can draw a pretty straight line between gamergate to the alt right and European nationalist movement. i feel like a lot of them have followed the milo path of caring more about, like, trump than video games.

Harpuia

The map stuff I'll give to Alex/Vinny, I think they should have 4, 3 at the least, maps on rotation. Though the way I play splatoon is ideal for map rotations. I play for a bit, do something else, then I come back when the maps have changed.

The level progression is level progression, and I generally feel OK with how Nintendo did that part of the game.

What I'm wondering is how does that really stop that from happening when it ends up still being pretty obvious?

At the very least it stops the victims from actually being harassed by rabid GGers. The friends might feel like they're better equipped for any potential backlash and just want to see something done about this.

I brought it up because the people bashing Nick were doing it in a vague, sort've hesitant way. People like mombots are the reason why: they don't want to get threatened, harassed, doxxed.

Oh in that context its different. I thought you brought up mombot as if they knew something.

imBask

Banned
it's been like 2 years and i'm still confused as to who are the Gamergaters and what side they were on, and what the sides even were by the end

Hindl

I love Splatoon, it's actually gotten me to stop playing Dota since it's something I can quickly fire up for a few games while I'm not doing anything. And I did Salmon Run for the first time, that mode is really good. But all of Vinny's complaints about Splatoon were perfectly valid and I agree with pretty much all of them
it's been like 2 years and i'm still confused as to who are the Gamergaters and what side they were on, and what the sides even were by the end
Gamergaters are the reddit and 4chan cesspools of the internet that harrass women and minorities in games because this was their safe space when society called them losers, and now they're upset people are trying to make games more inclusive. This was their thing and now it's changing and they hate it, so they just harass women involved with games in order to keep them silent. That's not to say the other side doesn't have issues, Anita has some problems and you get your overly preachy and aggressive progressives that are just annoying to deal with. But they don't nearly match the trash coming from the other side, who are treating people like shit just for kicks

Oh in that context its different. I thought you brought up mombot as if they knew something.

Nah, sorry about that.

Although I'm someone who has enjoyed CoolGames Inc and Nick's videos with Griffin McElroy, the people that have been signal boosting the accusations against Nick are generally people I trust, or the friends of people I trust. Austin, Ali West, Aurahack, Gita, Felix (unfortunately dubbed by Dave Lang as " the gooch"), among others.

Nah, sorry about that.

Although I'm someone who has enjoyed CoolGames Inc and Nick's videos with Griffin McElroy, the people that have been signal boosting the accusations against Nick are generally people I trust, or the friends of people I trust. Austin, Ali West, Aurahack, Gita, Felix (aka the gooch), among others.

For those same people its why I think the Nick stuff is legit.

Check out this post by Chaobreaker for a well rounded summary. Those who still side with it are essentially a bunch of Men's Right Activists/Alt-Righters. I'm reading Joe Hill's NOS4R2 right now and they're essentially a bunch of Bings and Manx's. Men-children who are upset that women aren't in the same place that they were in 100 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom