• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishastra

Banned
it's been like 2 years and i'm still confused as to who are the Gamergaters and what side they were on, and what the sides even were by the end
It's the same as the alt-right now. There aren't really sides. There's them and everyone else.

There is no organized resistance against them, no agenda working towards diversity for some nefarious reason, as much as they'd like you to believe otherwise.

Gamergaters hate diversity, for whatever reason. People of color, gays, women, they're all taking some of the finite resource of "games being made" away from the traditional cool white dude shit that I've always played. They're the reason why they don't make games like (insert favorite old game) any more!

Also, nobody actually cares about any of their games so coverage of them is obviously paid for by the agenda and not out of genuine interest, so "ethics in games journalism".

imBask

Banned
Gamergaters are the reddit and 4chan cesspools of the internet that harrass women and minorities in games because this was their safe space when society called them losers, and now they're upset people are trying to make games more inclusive. This was their thing and now it's changing and they hate it, so they just harass women involved with games in order to keep them silent. That's not to say the other side doesn't have issues, Anita has some problems and you get your overly preachy and aggressive progressives that are just annoying to deal with. But they don't nearly match the trash coming from the other side, who are treating people like shit just for kicks

ok I kinda knew that then

I think it's the name that confuses me. To me if you took part of the debate in gamergate it was to defend inclusion and etc, so "gamergaters" should be the "good guys" but I got it backward, if that makes sense

ultron87

Nah, sorry about that.

Although I'm someone who has enjoyed CoolGames Inc and Nick's videos with Griffin McElroy, the people that have been signal boosting the accusations against Nick are generally people I trust, or the friends of people I trust. Austin, Ali West, Aurahack, Gita, Felix (aka the gooch), among others.

Yeah, that's where I'm at too. I'm a big fan of Nick's content so I wish I could believe it wasn't true, but seeing this from a bunch of people I respect and trust makes me have to think there's got to be truth to it all. Which sucks. Especially since I've recommended his content to like, a lot of my friends, so now I feel like I need to let people know about it. Blech.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
ok I kinda knew that then

I think it's the name that confuses me. To me if you took part of the debate in gamergate it was to defend inclusion and etc, so "gamergaters" should be the "good guys" but I got it backward, if that makes sense
I mean, they named themselves so obviously they won't call themselves the "internet asshole brigade" which would be a much better name

haven't listened to it yet but i'm going to guess Vinny is getting a divorce because of Abby and her cool motorcycle?

LkDCRpQ.gif

daveo42

Banned
haven't listened to it yet but i'm going to guess Vinny is getting a divorce because of Abby and her cool motorcycle?

I know stupid shit gets thrown around in here from time to time, but come on dude. Some stuff is just too far. Let's not joke about this shit.

LiK

I'm trying to talk about Beastcast with my posts but everyone is talking about Twitter drama and GG. Oh well.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I'm trying to talk about Beastcast with my posts but everyone is talking about Twitter drama and GG. Oh well.

Twitter drama is a reductive description for sexual harassment (not sure on the exact nature of the claims) by a member of the gaming community who is affiliated with GB.

daveo42

Banned
but Alexis x Drew fanfic is fine?

Depends on whether or not Alexis is married. Tbh I don't know. Also fanfics are fucking weird. I thought we went over that.

What I'm saying is don't start talk about Vinny leaving his wife and kids for a co-worker. Shit ain't kosher. Jokes or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom