• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

-viper-

Banned
morlock said:
There was even a thropy for completing a whole level using only melee on COD:WaW. Easier than I thought on recruit difficulty, don't think I died once. :)

Regarding the knife in KZ2, I think he's holding it wrong. The range looks like it's a little too long and perhaps there should be 2 slashes per kill instead of the one slash kill as of now?
Agree with this. One hit kill with the knife seems a little too easy for me. The Helghast looked well protected and it would seem ridiculous they'd die from one quick slash.

Should be at least two.

zeloe326

deepbrown said:
The 160 comments on this article make me feel sick:

http://www.ripten.com/2009/01/15/dear-internet-quit-overhyping-killzone-2/

*shudders, then pukes*

I happen to be somewhere in the middle. I’ve actually gotten my hands on Killzone 2 for just a few minutes, but I also hung around and watched other people play it rather extensively. As far as first-person shooters go, Killzone 2 is great — some might even go so far as to say it’s fantastic. What Killzone 2 isn’t, however, is a ‘killer app’.

So in the few minutes that he played, he concludes that Killzone 2 isn't a killer app. Ok buddy.

DeZimatoR

Banned
So the guy doesn't even bother to play the game for more than a few minutes and then he says its not a 'killer app'? Oh, and whats with 'journalists' using fanboyish terminology to define a game? Whats next, saying its not 'AAA'?

LOL

cakefoo

:lol this is so pathetic.

1215182731.jpg
John Landis on January 17, 2009 7:12 am

I want to be a troll also.

PS3 is gAy! People who play a PS3 are l00zewrz!! LOLZ! ROFLOLCPTRHAHAHA!!

Seriously though, I find it amazing the amount of stupidity that comes from the Sony community when someone says something only looks “OKAY” as apposed to the super fucking awesome that it’s supposed to be. You know what? I think Killzone 2 looks like FUCKING ASS!!!! There, I said it. It looks like another shitty first person shooter that will try and take the supposed crown from Halo but fail miserable, which just goes to show how much it will suck because Halo isn’t really that good of a game to start with. What’s sad is the tenacity that you people have to defend it.

There have been articles on this website about xbox games being over hyped or in some way flawed but there is never as many xbox gamers coming out of the woodwork to defend their system’s games as there are PS3 gamers. You know why I think that is? It’s because people playing the xbox actually have games to play instead of constantly looking for the great savior to be developed. Guess what? Killzone 2 could be the most bad ass super awesome killer app ever made but guess what… it’s not going to mean jack shit because no one is willing to go out and blow a thousand dollars on a fucking gaming system just to play one shitty game. Resistance 2 was supposed to be fucking awesome also, and I’m sorry, but in my personal opinion, it was not fun. The only fun I’ve had on the PS3 was Little Big Planet. THAT game was awesome, but most of the fun from that came from playing with friends. It was a cute little relaxing platformer and a nice change of pace from blowing shit up or ripping people’s heads off all the time.

I just don’t see how you can justify getting so bent out of shape about a fucking shooter. They’re a dime a dozen. To me all these comments trying to bust Dan’s balls simply show to me that PS3 fans are bored ass fourteen year olds who want to be gangstaz when they grow up, at least a majority of them. Most of the PS3 gamers I know personally are older family types that got the system for one of two reasons, if not both: BlueRay and they already had a PS2 so they just wanted to upgrade.

By the way, METAL GEAR 4 SUCKS!!!

Yes, bring the flames on, mother fuckers…

Way for him to rise above and set a great example. Hint to Ripten: Your staff sets the bar for your community. If the staff themselves are going to act like children, don't be surprised at what your readers have to say.

Raist

Banned
cakefoo said:

Way for him to rise above and set a great example. Hint to Ripten: Your staff sets the bar for your community. If the staff themselves are going to act like children, don't be surprised at what your readers have to say.

A true internet hero

Forsete

Wow at the fanbots having meltdowns because of Killzone 2. Jesus, that game gets the other camps riled up. :lol

KZ2 fans are single-handedly owning the internet. :lol

zeloe326

cakefoo said:

Holy shit, this Killzone 2 game is really gonna but hurt a lot of people feelings. Its almost like a national threat of some sorts.:lol

deepbrown

cakefoo said:

Actually I was talking about all the fanboy commenters...not the staff. Good for them for fighting back IMO. At least they have journos with different opinions, rather than the hivemind that is the radar.

zeloe326 said:
Holy shit, this Killzone 2 game is really gonna but hurt a lot of people feelings. Its almost like a national threat of some sorts.:lol

Killzone 2 is like the siege of Troy in a way. The tolls keep trying different tacticts, nitpicks, and even making isuue to the system itself. Yet they fail the walls still stand strong and holdfast:lol ... and KZ2 is the boxart that sent 1000 ships of trolls to war:lol

-viper-

Banned
cakefoo said:

Now that is quite fucking sad. What a loser.

zeloe326

deepbrown said:
Actually I was talking about all the fanboy commenters...not the staff. Good for them for fighting back IMO.

No its not good for them. That's not the way you talk to people that visit your site. Fan boy or not. Those same people that visit and read their articles are the same people that make their site relevant. If it wasn't for the readers fanboy or not, then there will be no page views and no one looking and or clicking on ads. It is unprofessional.

cakefoo

deepbrown said:
Actually I was talking about all the fanboy commenters...not the staff. Good for them for fighting back IMO. At least they have journos with different opinions, rather than the hivemind that is the radar.
I couldn't bear to read more than a couple comments. It's just the typical console war talk, pointing fingers back and forth. What really stood out to me was that Ripten's staff actually fit in with the discussion so well...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, this thread went from fun to juvenile very quickly.

There are fanboys on the internet guys. Ignore them. What's the worst thing that could happen?

This sort of shit is just lowering the entire community down to their standards. It's the the reaction people who bait other people want.

It's really unbearable, especially considering this thread can actually be a really good thread when it's not rolling around in its own self indulgent shit.

I would've thought the above is stating the blatently obvious, but I guess not. :\

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Dubbedinenglish said:
Killzone 2 is like the siege of Troy in a way. The tolls keep trying different tacticts, nitpicks, and even making isuue to the system itself. Yet they fail the walls still stand strong and holdfast:lol ... and KZ2 is the boxart that sent 1000 ships of trolls to war:lol

You do realize Troy was sacked to the ground?

zeloe326

I’m hyped for KillZone 2. But by the way you guys over hype it, and say it will be the greatest game ever created, and just trash every other game on every other console, I’m starting to hope bad things happen to KillZone 2.

One of the comments on the ripten article. Wow.:lol

deepbrown

zeloe326 said:
No its not good for them. That's not the way you talk to people that visit your site. Fan boy or not. Those same people that visit and read their articles are the same people that make their site relevant. If it wasn't for the readers fanboy or not, then there will be no page views and no one looking and or clicking on ads. It is unprofessional.
You sir make a good point. But maybe that's what they want...a good fight. I'm sure people are just bored.

Anyway...that adds another page to the Killzone 2 thread :D What next?

Lince

Banned
Forsete said:
So far all attacks on Killzone 2 has resulted in this..

Loutherbourg-Spanish_Armada.jpg

HALP!

lol owned, I don't know what was our infamous King Phillip II thinking when he tried to invade England trying to dethrone Queen Elisabeth for religious aims... it marked the decline of the Spanish Empire, we barely got away with our mainland and a few islands here and there, ah 1588... those were the times :lol

Averon

Jesus! Has any other game created so much drama, tension and hype as KZ2? If it's this bad now, I can only imagine the fallout on release day and its first npd numbers.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Averon said:
Jesus! Has any other game created so much drama, tension and hype as KZ2? If it's this bad now, I can only imagine the fallout on release day and its first npd numbers.
this is the eye of the storm. the hype won't get higher post-launch, because, as with every game ever released, people will divide of into groups rather than the one "hyyyype" group. There will be a small faction that are disappointed, another small faction that will move on to the next big thing and those who think the game is very good but not our lord and saviour.

So, while there will undoubtedly still be a lot of love for KZ2 post-launch (hell, the majority, myself undoubtedly included, are going to adore the game post-launch), I don't think that it's going to reach the current level of insanity.

I hope? ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Donos said:
oh shit 2007 again ? stupid people will keep saying this in 5 years ...

yeah it's annoying and it's still all over the internet , dunno why when more of 96% of 3rd party games are on both the PS3 and Xbox360 these days , it's not like what was after PS3 launch or anything , and unless if a game is on Blu-ray disc then it's not considering as game then this whole "PS3 has no games" is just pure stupid meme .

Paracelsus said:
People still say PS3 costs 600 bucks, so eh.

that too

Holy shit your avatar it's BARAN , I love Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken Manga

cakefoo

deepbrown said:
You sir make a good point. But maybe that's what they want...a good fight. I'm sure people are just bored.

Anyway...that adds another page to the Killzone 2 thread :D What next?
I'll say they're bored. The writer sat there bickering with the commenters from 1am to 5am the morning he posted the article. Oh, he started out alright with his first couple comments. But it took only a couple more comments before he was calling people idiots, retarded, etc.
]
1198047927.jpg
Dan Landis
on January 15, 2009 2:17 am
No, Allen, you’re not right. In fact, you prove to be even more retarded with every comment.

LEARN TO READ.
I can't believe how they behave there. It's so unprofessional.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
malsumis said:
Someone should do a (2k5) to (final_review_build) comparison. That would be awesome :)

why it must be Killzone 2 vs that non Guerilla Games CG Video , I didn't see any Killzone 1 vs Killzone 2 comparisons anywhere and I think it's pretty fair thing to do comparison-wise

Igo

Rez>You said:
Jesus Christ, this thread went from fun to juvenile very quickly.

There are fanboys on the internet guys. Ignore them. What's the worst thing that could happen?

This sort of shit is just lowering the entire community down to their standards. It's the the reaction people who bait other people want.

It's really unbearable, especially considering this thread can actually be a really good thread when it's not rolling around in its own self indulgent shit.

I would've thought the above is stating the blatently obvious, but I guess not. :\

Fuck that. It's fun to point and laugh. Everyone's enjoying themselves here so I don't see a problem.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Igo said:
Fuck that. It's fun to point and laugh. Everyone's enjoying themselves here so I don't see a problem.
Suit yourself, but you're only proving the stereotype.

I guess I just don't find it that funny. But then I find system wars tedious, so take my opinion as you will.

slider

Rez>You said:
Suit yourself, but you're only proving the stereotype.

I guess I just don't find it that funny. But then I find system wars tedious, so take my opinion as you will.

You do keep trying to introduce a semblance of balance but it never really works. Don't stop trying though.

I must admit I'm psyched for KZ myself. But that's why I won't post that often - cos I'll look like an emotionally invested nutjob.

F-Pina

Nice thread :p

Are there any GIF pics comparing Killzone1 to Killzone2? The jump from one generation to the other must be cool to see.

Im excited for this game, but the thought of playing it with the ps3 controller really turns me off. The sticks just dont feel right on that controller.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Silly.Mikey said:
Im excited for this game, but the thought of playing it with the ps3 controller really turns me off. The sticks just dont feel right on that controller.
first one to post that Dot50 GIF gets a mint, compliments of me

DoomGyver

Silly.Mikey said:
Better fix your avatar before you lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom